ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I assume the changes you’re talking about is having to run a return style fuel system different injectors if you didn’t go with a bigger size (id1050, fic1000), and switching tunes if e85 is not around the corner from you. I get it. Me myself will be going e85 next year, I want to build the transmission before that. Right now on 93 I dynoed at 676sae or 694std. I got 22mpg doing a few pills here and there. I can only imagine what ethanol is gonna be.
22mpg is pretty good even on pump... I daily my 15' on E85 and average 11.5-12mpg (80% highway with the cruise set) maybe 17 or so on 93. And 90%+ of my driving is under 3k rpm. I'll usually go wot maybe once or twice a week and I usually limit it to a 3rd gear pull or something (traction limited when not running the good ole drag pack).
Do you have your imrc's deleted?

So how good are the electric boost gauges? I always assumed nothing would be as good as a vac line running directly to a gauge.

I currently have some cheap glow shift ones but i don't really care for them. I really like the autometer es series but just hesitant to have one that doesn't have a direct reference... Also hesitant to spend like 250 on a gauge with a stepper motor lol.
The AEM-X boost gauge works great although they don't have an optional zero or a way to calibrate them yourself which kind of sucks, but they come pre-calibrated and as long as your gauge is reading <1.5 psi with power switched on they work well. I did run into an issue with a unit reading 3psi high, but they replace them under warranty very easily IF something were to happen. And mine also reads 12.1 @7700-7800 on a 110mm
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
22mpg is pretty good even on pump... I daily my 15' on E85 and average 11.5-12mpg (80% highway with the cruise set) maybe 17 or so on 93. And 90%+ of my driving is under 3k rpm. I'll usually go wot maybe once or twice a week and I usually limit it to a 3rd gear pull or something (traction limited when not running the good ole drag pack).
Do you have your imrc's deleted?

The AEM-X boost gauge works great although they don't have an optional zero or a way to calibrate them yourself which kind of sucks, but they come pre-calibrated and as long as your gauge is reading <1.5 psi with power switched on they work well. I did run into an issue with a unit reading 3psi high, but they replace them under warranty very easily IF something were to happen. And mine also reads 12.1 @7700-7800 on a 110mm
I have seen the exact same peek of 12.1 psi on my 110mm via the AEM-X boost gauge. 👍

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
110mm putting in some work today at 12.8psi.

IMG_6808.jpeg
what are you shifting at? Are you using a griptech pulley or ESS pulley? I only ask because the other day I hit 14 and we have similar setups.

IMG_2597.jpeg

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I have the ESS provided pulley shifting somewhere around 7500 rpm.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
When I switch to ethanol, I plan to install a Inline ethanol Blue tooth reader and just check E85 with phone after each fueling. Thanks
I suppose the 3 configurable outputs is the interesting part, not ethanol content. You can set those to shut the throttle body if lean condition/low ethanol content/too much boost, ring a buzzer, turn on a warning light, open the blow off valve, turn on another fuel pump, seato ejecto etc...

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I suppose the 3 configurable outputs is the interesting part, not ethanol content. You can set those to shut the throttle body if lean condition/low ethanol content/too much boost, ring a buzzer, turn on a warning light, open the blow off valve, turn on another fuel pump, seato ejecto etc...
That would be a great Safety Benefit for sure, for it to close the TB and open the BOV if lean conditions occur. That does peak my interest for sure. I will look into it. Thanks

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
That would be a great Safety Benefit for sure, for it to close the TB and open the BOV if lean conditions occur. That does peak my interest for sure. I will look into it. Thanks
Yea think about it. There may be some cool things that can be done!