Sponsored

Enhanced Security Pack Experience

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
What's your experience? Have you experienced false positives? Wondering if ongoing traffic in underground garage where I will park can activate the alarm.
Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
No false positives at all. I haven't experienced any problems with it.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
No problems for me....

mittymak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 V6
I think I had a false positive but I'm not sure.. I was at a gas station. Windows rolled down, I locked the doors (should be motion sensor active).. I stepped away around a corner to hand money to my mom a few pumps down and it started going off. I was next to some sketchy looking people so I don't know if they reached in or if it just went off on its own. or another possibility maybe, just maybe, magically my keys hit the emergency button on the fob. But I've never accidentally had that happen unless my keys were in my pocket while I was playing volleyball.

JessV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Auto
What's your experience? Have you experienced false positives? Wondering if ongoing traffic in underground garage where I will park can activate the alarm.
Only thing that annoys me is whenever you are washing the car, the water will activate the unlock/lock soft touch feature on the door handles all the time. When this happens and you touch the car when it's locked, it will honk at you. I have yet to figure out a way to deactivate this!

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Only thing that annoys me is whenever you are washing the car, the water will activate the unlock/lock soft touch feature on the door handles all the time. When this happens and you touch the car when it's locked, it will honk at you. I have yet to figure out a way to deactivate this!
I thought maybe I was seeing things. Yep - drives me crazy.

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is the enhanced security package worth the 400? Debating it for my custom 2016 order right now...

Lot of people go with it for the insurance discount. Feels like given the above there could be greater annoyances and downsides...

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No false positives. Just remember to disable the motion sensors when you leave your dog in the car while taking a leak at the gas station. ;)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
My Ford does the same (without the honk in the UK). I just leave the key a few yards away. If it's in your pocket, or in the car, it will just keep doing it.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Wait what...? Do I have something turned off on mine? If I wash the car with the fob near by I've definitely experienced the lock/unlocking dozens of times but never once had it beep at me. In fact I'm pretty sure I can touch my car when it's locked pretty violently and it doesn't beep at me...

Sponsored

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
Mine will lock/unlock the doors if I'm washing my car with the key fob in my pocket. I just put it away far enough for the car not to detect it when I'm washing it. I did wash my car with the car locked/armed and it didn't honk at me once.

When I was getting my wheel locks installed at discount tire, I locked my car and every time they used the pneumatic tool the car honked at us. So i guess that is the shock sensor working. I unlocked it after like the 3rd time it chirped so the alarm wouldn't go off.

I've also tried the interior sensor, I rolled the windows down and stuck my arm in. I didn't even get past the shoulder of the seat (maybe just past the window frame) before the alarm started going off, no warning chirp either.

And if what i've read is accurate, the car does have a tilt sensor too but I haven't tested that yet.

The locking center console is pretty nifty too.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Hell, it's worth the locking centre console alone IMHO.

Yes, very happy I bought the ESP.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Put the key fob in the car when washing it. The doors will not lock/unlock.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Still not totally clear on what the 2 menu options mean when you're getting out of the car. I feel like Ford could've done a better job with the wording.

After 4 months, I have yet to ever have my perimeter alarm go off. However, I'm thinking this could be because I'm using the wrong option?

If I remember, the options are:

"All Sensors"
"Perimeter Sensing"

I believe mine is usually on the "All Sensors" which would imply to me that ALL sensors, including the perimeter sensor, is on. Is that not the case? If I select "Perimeter Sensing", is it JUST the perimeter sensing?

I feel like they could've just gone with:

"All Sensors"
"Perimeter Off"

and called it a day...

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
Still not totally clear on what the 2 menu options mean when you're getting out of the car. I feel like Ford could've done a better job with the wording.

After 4 months, I have yet to ever have my perimeter alarm go off. However, I'm thinking this could be because I'm using the wrong option?

If I remember, the options are:

"All Sensors"
"Perimeter Sensing"

I believe mine is usually on the "All Sensors" which would imply to me that ALL sensors, including the perimeter sensor, is on. Is that not the case? If I select "Perimeter Sensing", is it JUST the perimeter sensing?

I feel like they could've just gone with:

"All Sensors"
"Perimeter Off"

and called it a day...
I just put mine on all sensors and turned off the prompt. You can make it stop asking you when you shut off your car in the settings menu.
Sponsored