Sponsored

Enhanced Security Pack Experience

CJ4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base 6MT
What are the insurance discounts like if you get the enhanced security package?
Sponsored

5.0_newguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have this package and my car was towed the day I got it from my parking lot because i forgot to put my parking pass in my car. (SO PISSED) Anyways the alarm did not go off and you would think the jerking of a tow truck plus it being pulled down the road would set it off...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I have this package and my car was towed the day I got it from my parking lot because i forgot to put my parking pass in my car. (SO PISSED) Anyways the alarm did not go off and you would think the jerking of a tow truck plus it being pulled down the road would set it off...
The enhanced security system does not have shock or motion sensors.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
The enhanced security system does not have shock or motion sensors.
Wouldn't the Perimeter Alarm be a shock or motion sensor?

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
Pretty sure there is a shock sensor. The pneumatic tools discount tire was using triggered a warning chirp, and one of my brothers bumped a basketball into my car and that caused a warning chirp too.

Sponsored

Narmak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Still not totally clear on what the 2 menu options mean when you're getting out of the car. I feel like Ford could've done a better job with the wording.

After 4 months, I have yet to ever have my perimeter alarm go off. However, I'm thinking this could be because I'm using the wrong option?

If I remember, the options are:

"All Sensors"
"Perimeter Sensing"

I believe mine is usually on the "All Sensors" which would imply to me that ALL sensors, including the perimeter sensor, is on. Is that not the case? If I select "Perimeter Sensing", is it JUST the perimeter sensing?

I feel like they could've just gone with:

"All Sensors"
"Perimeter Off"

and called it a day...

I came to the boards just to search for this topic...ford didn't give me any info on how these features work and what the difference is

Anyone able to find the real description of the alarm and what is included?

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I'd love more details as well.

As test, I locked the car yesterday with the convertible top down and windows down. The setting was for All Sensors. Then with the keys a long way away from the car I reached into the car like someone would if there were going to steal something. No alarm! I really thought there was a sensor that would go off if something stuck their hands into the middle of the car.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
I had my windows down the other day and a lady set it off as she walked by

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm. That's odd. Perhaps there there is something different when the top is up vs when the top is down. Or perhaps the convertibles just don't have the same sensors, which would be a big disappointment.

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
I'd love more details as well.

As test, I locked the car yesterday with the convertible top down and windows down. The setting was for All Sensors. Then with the keys a long way away from the car I reached into the car like someone would if there were going to steal something. No alarm! I really thought there was a sensor that would go off if something stuck their hands into the middle of the car.
I believe the sensor for it is in the map light housing. Look towards the back of it and to the left, and there should be a speaker looking thing. That might be the interior sensor.

one them has to be the bluetooth microphone

this thing:

Last edited:

Sponsored

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the sensor for it is in the map light housing. Look towards the back of it and to the left, and there should be a speaker looking thing. That might be the interior sensor.

one them has to be the bluetooth microphone

this thing:
I always figured the one facing the driver was the Bluetooth mic.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I'll look it up tomorrow at work to verify :)

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
My Ford does the same (without the honk in the UK). I just leave the key a few yards away. If it's in your pocket, or in the car, it will just keep doing it.
I'm surprised people are struggling with the solution to this. Looks like we are in a rare club

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Was yours set to "All Sensors" or "Perimeter Alarm"? Mine is always set to "All Sensors" which is leading me to believe that it's everything BUT the perimeter alarm. Otherwise, what have the "Perimeter Alarm" option?

Personally, I think Ford could have easily used better descriptions for these 2 options. Either that or at least provide some info in the manual or a supplement for those that have the ES package. I've scoured my manuals and there is nothing about which option does what.

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
Hmmm. That's odd. Perhaps there there is something different when the top is up vs when the top is down. Or perhaps the convertibles just don't have the same sensors, which would be a big disappointment.
I have the convertible with the enhanced package. My understanding (which I also confirmed with a couple tests) is that the interior sensors are *NOT* active when the top is down. Not sure why, perhaps to prevent false positives like a leaf falling into the car. If the top is up, and you leave your windows open, you can get the car to alarm by sticking your arm into the car. But not with the top down.

Have not had any other false alarms or issues with the package. The menu that pops up as you leave the car can be ignored and defaults to "All sensors", which is what you want 99% of the time (unless you are leaving your dog in the car after locking it, for example).
Sponsored