Sponsored

Ecoboost Engine Blown?

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
okay west coast.... it's a little later here. You can argue among yourselves.

Guess you all will have to keep you cars stock over there to save your warranty.

I don't have the problem here in IL. We have good dealers that take care of repeat customers like gold. Call it fraud call it whatever you all want. All I know is if I had a tune loaded and a intake spacer and something major blew.... I would have it covered under MY warranty. My dealer wouldn't throw me under the bus and report to Ford that I had a tune. I guess we have it good here.
Keep believing that your car will be warrantied regardless of your mods. Your own ignorance will lead to your downfall, unfortunately. As everyone else has mentioned to you, Ford Corporate has a lot of people in the field in every region of the country. When something is in question, especially warranty related, a field rep will come out to the dealer and inspect the vehicle. What do you think will happen when said person sees your modifications? You think the dealer will be able to convince them to warranty it? Not going to happen.
Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have nothing to prove to anyone on the internet. Don't care what you believe or not. ;)

For me, I have no worries about warranty that's all that matters. :cheers:
All you're doing is spreading misinformation that not true. WHAT next you going tell us you know a guy that supercharged it blew up there going to cover RIGHT :crazy::tsk:.

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
**STATUS UPDATE**

The car is all put back together and ready! I just got back from the dealership after paying them $6300. It is below freezing up here right now so I'm waiting until tomorrow to pick it up. It's warming up to the mid 40's for the next couple days before getting real cold again. I'm going to take it for a bit of a test drive before it ends up in the garage for the next 2-3 months.

Hard lesson learned for sure.

(BTW, the last hose they are waiting on is still on back order. They ended up taking one off a car on their lot.)

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
**STATUS UPDATE**

The car is all put back together and ready! I just got back from the dealership after paying them $6300. It is below freezing up here right now so I'm waiting until tomorrow to pick it up. It's warming up to the mid 40's for the next couple days before getting real cold again. I'm going to take it for a bit of a test drive before it ends up in the garage for the next 2-3 months.

(BTW, the last hose they are waiting on is still on back order. They ended up taking one off a car on their lot.)
Awesome man I got mine back Tuesday. I been driving it since then to put some miles on it, everything is fine as of now.

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awesome man I got mine back Tuesday. I been driving it since then to put some miles on it, everything is fine as of now.
Great to hear brother. Hopefully we'll both be trouble free from here on out!

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear brother. Hopefully we'll both be trouble free from here on out!
Yeah I'm giving the car a second chance. I will be doing mods again but not for a good while. I know it will void my warranty but like I said I'm going to give it a second chance but no flooring it in 6th gear or anything like that anymore.

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'm giving the car a second chance. I will be doing mods again but not for a good while. I know it will void my warranty but like I said I'm going to give it a second chance but no flooring it in 6th gear or anything like that anymore.
Nothing but cosmetic and suspension mods for me. I had such great plans but oh well.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have nothing to prove to anyone on the internet. Don't care what you believe or not. ;)

For me, I have no worries about warranty that's all that matters. :cheers:
Well - that's fine that you're content as such...

However, you are aware that Ford HQ folks lurk on these sites and read the very same things we read (and post), right? There's many ways Ford (and its Service Centers) can get data logging from the vehicle. In fact it explicitly states in the owner's manual that the car does have a black box which logs nearly anything that occurs regarding driver input.

You can "de-mod" the car all you want - you can *try* to reset the ECM - you're just not going to be able to wipe the data logged archived history that noted what occurred before a catastrophic failure.

Todays vehicle electronics are very intelligent and as stated, Automotive Manufacturers are keeping major warranty claims down by performing very thorough investigations as to what caused a massive failure and by extracting the data logging from the vehicle.

Cheers!

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500

However, you are aware that Ford HQ folks lurk on these sites and read the very same things we read (and post), right? There's many ways Ford (and its Service Centers) can get data logging from the vehicle. In fact it explicitly states in the owner's manual that the car does have a black box which logs nearly anything that occurs regarding driver input.

You can "de-mod" the car all you want - you can *try* to reset the ECM - you're just not going to be able to wipe the data logged archived history that noted what occurred before a catastrophic failure.

Todays vehicle electronics are very intelligent and as stated, Automotive Manufacturers are keeping major warranty claims down by performing very thorough investigations as to what caused a massive failure and by extracting the data logging from the vehicle.

Cheers!
I have a feeling you might as well be speaking to a wall..

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Cheers!
Exactly what happened with me. Even though everything was set back to 100% stock they could see that it was modded by seeing the history in the ecu. I'm glad someone else stated this.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Cheers!
Exactly, they can look back and if Ford requires the dealership to provide an ECU data dump, the dealership will NOT get paid for the warranty work and not do it. No matter who you think you know. I GUARANTEE no dealership is going to lose their ass on you, no matter who you are to them- best customer in the world.

Sure someone may have gotten lucky and Ford didnt ask and the dealership didnt care because they got paid from Ford no questions on the work. 1 in a million luck. They may have not required this in the past years as much. They do now.

Most other mods that dont require a tune you can "reverse" to stock for any warranty issue.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Exactly, they can look back and if Ford requires the dealership to provide an ECU data dump, the dealership will NOT get paid for the warranty work and not do it. No matter who you think you know. I GUARANTEE no dealership is going to lose their ass on you, no matter who you are to them- best customer in the world.

Sure someone may have gotten lucky and Ford didnt ask and the dealership didnt care because they got paid from Ford no questions on the work. 1 in a million luck. They may have not required this in the past years as much. They do now.

Most other mods that dont require a tune you can "reverse" to stock for any warranty issue.
No way they won't ask.. any catastrophic failure you have to upload the ids session.. on top of it there will be a field engineer there to check it out.. no way round it.. the key ignition count will be paid attention to unless you're lucky and have a record of a PCM flash recently..

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
**STATUS UPDATE**

Good for you man, congrats and enjoy it!

OP
OP
Mattrix

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Drove the car from the dealership to my garage today. Car ran fine and is in good shape other than a chip in the paint on the front fascia where it meets the hood. Then there are some marks on my spoiler that I couldn't buff out. It appears that one of the times they pushed the car into the shop the person in the back had a wedding ring or something that was scratching it all up. I left a voicemail for the service manager and I'm sure they'll take care of it. The paint chip can probably be fixed with some touch up, the spoiler will need to be repainted. They originally did it for me for free, nice guys at the body shop for sure.

I installed the Steeda jacking rails, Diode Dynamic switchback LEDs and then reinstalled my strut bar. The dealership had put the engine cover back on before I picked it up.

Should I leave the strut bar white or go to go back to black on it?