Sponsored

Eco Boost or GT

jackrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I was having the same dilema as the OP. Eventually went with the EB because of the gas milage. I got to test drive both and the EB was more fun. Had me saying "holy shit!!" The whole time I was testing it.

I live in Palm Springs, Ca and make biweekly trips to Los Angeles 250 miles round trip. So I'll be putting 500 miles a week on my car. The 32 mpg was much more important then the v8 rumble of the exhaust. Hopefully once I throw a livernois on there and get those gains, the fun factor will increase even more.

slowest member of WCPR
Sponsored

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I was having the same dilema as the OP. Eventually went with the EB because of the gas milage. I got to test drive both and the EB was more fun. Had me saying "holy shit!!" The whole time I was testing it.

I live in Palm Springs, Ca and make biweekly trips to Los Angeles 250 miles round trip. So I'll be putting 500 miles a week on my car. The 32 mpg was much more important then the v8 rumble of the exhaust. Hopefully once I throw a livernois on there and get those gains, the fun factor will increase even more.

slowest member of WCPR
Ha! I'm an engineer, earn a fair bit of money and I can afford the GT. But it is good that the ecoboost is there so we can drive a fuel efficient mustang

jackrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Ha! I'm an engineer, earn a fair bit of money and I can afford the GT. But it is good that the ecoboost is there so we can drive a fuel efficient mustang

Efficient and fast

slowest member of WCPR

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Exactly. I just want that v8 rumble!
For under 60k driveaway. I'm yet to put an order in, but probably going with V8, DIB, manual, fastback - no options, I'm stingy.
No idea when this sub-60k will be achievable though, end of March or end of 2015.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
For under 60k driveaway. I'm yet to put an order in, but probably going with V8, DIB, manual, fastback - no options, I'm stingy.
No idea when this sub-60k will be achievable though, end of March or end of 2015.
Someone is claiming to have already achieved it (exact specs) over at the Whirlpool forums:

http://whrl.pl/ReePiE

$59631 drive away from a dealer in Victoria.

:shrug:

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Someone is claiming to have already achieved it (exact specs) over at the Whirlpool forums:

:hail:

I tried and I tried and I tried and none of them wanted to come to a party. I just can't see myself pay 3K dealer delivery, its a matter of principle for me.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
:hail:

I tried and I tried and I tried and none of them wanted to come to a party. I just can't see myself pay 3K dealer delivery, its a matter of principle for me.
Yeah I couldn't get any of them to budge either.

At the end of the day, I'm just happy that I'll get my arse in a Ford Mustang GT this year and for less than 61K drive away.

A year ago that seemed to be a highly unlikely scenario.

:headbang:

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Yeah I couldn't get any of them to budge either.

At the end of the day, I'm just happy that I'll get my arse in a Ford Mustang GT this year and for less than 61K drive away.

A year ago that seemed to be a highly unlikely scenario.

:headbang:
I hear what you saying man, and I'm also keen as, but also slightly disappointed we are not given Recaro's as an option - every review I watch they say Recaro's are a must.
I'm planning on doing some track work with my car eventually and I just don't think I'll be happy with stock luxurious seats.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Likewise, I got the dealer delivery down to $2K which is still too much but more reasonable than $3K which I considered to be rude.

Sponsored

SPEED-DOJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Likewise, I got the dealer delivery down to $2K which is still too much but more reasonable than $3K which I considered to be rude.
Which dealer did you see in SA, if you don't mind me asking? Just curious. :)
PM me if you prefer :gossip:

Cheers.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

That was me! I posted so everyone could try and achieve what I did :)

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Geez theres some wankers on that page
Completely agree, that whole off topic argument about WRX's and GTI's. Even on Ford Australia's Facebook there is hatred for the Mustang because it isn't the Falcon. On the plus side whirlpool helped me find this forum

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Completely agree, that whole off topic argument about WRX's and GTI's. Even on Ford Australia's Facebook there is hatred for the Mustang because it isn't the Falcon. On the plus side whirlpool helped me find this forum
Yes the Ford FB page and another certain FB page are a cesspool of hate and stupidity, these people still believe the Mustang was only built in RHD to kill off the Falcon lol and they wonder why Ford Aus no longer want to be known as the Falcon motor company.

I was more referring to the douchebag saying eb owners friends will mock them behind their back, I love V8's i own 4 of them but any friends who mock another friend behind their back isnt worth it.
Sponsored