Eco Boost or GT

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Yes, that was the point I was trying to prove with pricing because if it is over $50k, then no one would really buy the car and would go for a different car or even manufacturer.
Ok, name another rear drive V8 coupe...under $100K

Or another sports coupe capable of sub 5sec. 0-100k/h .....under $100K

The Nissan 370Z is the closest to the brief but has a V6 and if you haven't bought one already with Nissan's recent price cut, it just wasn't what you ( & I ) were looking for.

To quote myself from another thread, here's the list of contenders in my mind;

Audi S3........................$60K.....4.9 sec
Chrysler 300 SRT Core....$56K...4.8 sec.
Ford F6.........................$64K......5.1 sec.
Holden SSV Redline........$52K...........5.5 sec.
HSV Clubsport................$61K.......5.3 sec.
Mitsubishi Evo X.............$53K...........5.6 sec.
Nissan 370Z..................$57K..............5.8 sec
Subaru STi....................$50K...........5.6 sec.
VW Golf R.....................$52K.....5.0 sec.

But none get close to the Mustang spec.

There are two potential contenders for rear drive, high performance coupes about $60K that I would consider if their makers put their minds to it;

Mazda RX7
Subaru BRZ STi.
Sponsored

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
After seeing the power drop for the v8 has anyone now confirmed their decision for an ecoboost? I know I have

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
Ok, name another rear drive V8 coupe...under $100K

Or another sports coupe capable of sub 5sec. 0-100k/h .....under $100K

The Nissan 370Z is the closest to the brief but has a V6 and if you haven't bought one already with Nissan's recent price cut, it just wasn't what you ( & I ) were looking for.

To quote myself from another thread, here's the list of contenders in my mind;

Audi S3........................$60K.....4.9 sec
Chrysler 300 SRT Core....$56K...4.8 sec.
Ford F6.........................$64K......5.1 sec.
Holden SSV Redline........$52K...........5.5 sec.
HSV Clubsport................$61K.......5.3 sec.
Mitsubishi Evo X.............$53K...........5.6 sec.
Nissan 370Z..................$57K..............5.8 sec
Subaru STi....................$50K...........5.6 sec.
VW Golf R.....................$52K.....5.0 sec.

But none get close to the Mustang spec.

There are two potential contenders for rear drive, high performance coupes about $60K that I would consider if their makers put their minds to it;

Mazda RX7
Subaru BRZ STi.
If you have a look at most of Fords prices, most cars beat the other prices of other manufacturers, especially the mustang. The mustang has always had lower prices than that of the camaro, challenger, etc.

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
I believe to have stumbled across a likely yet unconfirmed price for us here in Aus. I had a look at some of the main american cities prices for the focus and fiesta and compared it with Brisbanes prices for them. Both prices had a difference of around $6000 so I am thinking that the same thing could happen with the 2015 mustang. With a stock price of $32100 for the GT in america, we in australia will probably end up with a price of around about $38600, with around $31600 for the Ecoboost. After all, they want to beat all the other manufacturers like Audi and BMW. But if it had to be a choice bwtween the GT and Ecoboost, I would choose the GT because it has the excitement that the ecoboost doesn't, and it is something you can drive everyday, just without the fuel efficency of the Ecoboost.
You are dreaming mate
People will pay whatever they ask just to get something different to crummydoor and falcon

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
If you have a look at the specs we are getting an almost fully loaded version of both the ecoboost premium and GT premium - both with the performance pack, navigation, security pack, rain sensing wipers etc.

Pricing that up on the Ford site comes up with a figure of just over 35k US for the ecoboost and 42.5k US for the GT (both manual hardtops).

When you take into account the fact that building a RHD model is going to cost Ford a lot more as they have to invest in a considerable amount of retooling for not only the body, but the mechanicals and interior, not to mention shipping the vehicles out here - you can expect that RHD buyers ARE going to be paying a fair bit more.

Given that Ford Australia have stated 50-70k I think it'd be safe to assume around the 50k mark for an ecoboost manual hardtop running out to near 70k for a convertible GT auto.

Sponsored

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
Does anyone know if they will be charging extra for the auto? Or is it a no cost option?

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
If you have a look at the specs we are getting an almost fully loaded version of both the ecoboost premium and GT premium - both with the performance pack, navigation, security pack, rain sensing wipers etc.

Pricing that up on the Ford site comes up with a figure of just over 35k US for the ecoboost and 42.5k US for the GT (both manual hardtops).

When you take into account the fact that building a RHD model is going to cost Ford a lot more as they have to invest in a considerable amount of retooling for not only the body, but the mechanicals and interior, not to mention shipping the vehicles out here - you can expect that RHD buyers ARE going to be paying a fair bit more.

Given that Ford Australia have stated 50-70k I think it'd be safe to assume around the 50k mark for an ecoboost manual hardtop running out to near 70k for a convertible GT auto.
Does it look like there has been a massive price increase seeing as though there is no more factories in Aus? No because there has been none. Differences in the american prices and Aus prices are about $6000. Did any of you people ever go to school, and do maths?

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Ford Australia have said that pricing will be 50-70k in that flyer they sent out to dealers, in dealer confidential bulletins (DCBs) as well as posting that on their Facebook page when asked about price. That's the last I'm going to write about it.

If you want to believe they will sell them here for under 40k then prepare to be disappointed.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
Ford Australia have said that pricing will be 50-70k in that flyer they sent out to dealers, in dealer confidential bulletins (DCBs) as well as posting that on their Facebook page when asked about price. That's the last I'm going to write about it.

If you want to believe they will sell them here for under 40k then prepare to be disappointed.
You don't know what they might do with pricing, we should just wait and see!

Sponsored

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
The pricing for Germany has been announced/leaked cant tell which due to it being in German, specs look they same as ours and is priced as:

EB Fastback - 34000 euros $51212 AU
EB Convertible - 38000 euros $57237 AU

GT Fastback - 39000 euros $58743 AU
GT Convertible - 43000 euros $64768 AU

These prices include VAT/GST while it might not be the exact pricing we will see it should be pretty close. Hopefully!!

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktion/Attachment.html?attachmentId=733731

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
LOL - In the middle east where is no tax on cars . A ecoboost 4 cylinder cost around 183 000 AED which is 61k AUD. So to have a RHD mustang in US pricing is not possible. Export price for Ford mustang will differ.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)