Sponsored

Dyno Update: Bama 91 Tune + JLT CAI + MagnaFlow Street Cat-back = 3HP less?!

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Sorry to leave everyone hanging here. I'm still waiting to hear back. As I promised, I will keep you all in the loop.
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Ohh wow i hope there will be a fix for you! This is like a Tuners nightmare, no gain, bye bye warranty and lost of money! I would be really pissed off!

50THPONY

Mustang Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
1988, 2004, 2015 Mustang GT's
You are doing the right thing. You're not blasting them (Bama) in any way. I'm sure you spent hard-earned money on this tune, and you're bringing your results to the attention of other forum members. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. I was also looking at a Bama tune, and I'll hold off until results are posted.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Ohh wow i hope there will be a fix for you! This is like a Tuners nightmare, no gain, bye bye warranty and lost of money! I would be really pissed off!

Bye bye warranty? Tunes don't void the warranty. No mods void the warranty.

Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Any idea if this is their new v.2 tune? When did you buy the tuner?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I am sure it's just the weather. AM being AM is doing an amazing job to try and fix your issue, I always feel confident while purchasing from them.

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I am pretty sure this was a V2 tune. I was supplied the tune January 29th I believe. The tuner was ordered at the end of December and has all the latest updates.

Still without any updated news on this issue.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Lol i can't tell if you are being serious or not!
He is being serious. They can't void your warranty just because,thats absurd. To whoever said the weather is to blame for the tune.... Be realistic. This would have to be a pretty drastic weather change. Even if he were to dyno in the mountains at high altitude I think the after numbers would be better than that.

Last edited:

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I am pretty sure this was a V2 tune. I was supplied the tune January 29th I believe. The tuner was ordered at the end of December and has all the latest updates.

What kind of logging is Bama having you do? Are you just using the SCT X4?

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
He is being serious. They can't void your warranty just because,thats absurd. To whoever said the weather is to blame for the tune.... Be realistic. This would have to be a pretty drastic weather change. Even if he were to dyno in the mountains at high altitude I think the after numbers would be better than that.
As long as the engine runs yes, they can't, but one little issue and the cost leads to investigation then it will. Even if you put back the factory tune, they can see that! It is a risk that all tuners take and you know it too. You are selling me a product and im altering the programing of the engine then after a while the engine breaks or you had a code then do you think you will be ok fixing that product free for me due to the fact that i ve changed your original product to make it better or faster. Let me answer that for you. A big NO! Your only option that might back up your warranty would be a Ford Racing Track Tune, if they release such a thing!

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
As long as the engine runs yes, they can't, but one little issue and the cost leads to investigation then it will. Even if you put back the factory tune, they can see that! It is a risk that all tuners take and you know it too. You are selling me a product and im altering the programing of the engine then after a while the engine breaks or you had a code then do you think you will be ok fixing that product free for me due to the fact that i ve changed your original product to make it better or faster. Let me answer that for you. A big NO! Your only option that might back up your warranty would be a Ford Racing Track Tune, if they release such a thing!
It's not that simple, the part has to prove that it caused the failure.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
It's not that simple, the part has to prove that it caused the failure.
Time involved in litigation is generally on Ford's side. They deny your claim and say that it's your tune because XYZ. You can then litigate to say they're wrong. Meanwhile your car sits broken. On paper you're absolutely correct. In practice, it's more difficult than just telling the dealer to prove that your blown motor or trashed transmission is the result of your tune.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
I wasn't terribly impressed with my Bama tune and got my car dyno tuned anyway, but I will say at least that their customer service has always been pretty good. I worked with them on my tune with my '11 way back. At least give 'em a call before blasting them... Goes for any product. Hell, it's what I did with SW - they just told me I was wrong lol.
Hey Barrel- I'm sorry to hear that you weren't too impressed with their Tune. How long ago was this? If you're willing to try their new V2 tunes I'm happy to get you set up with them just let me know, I'm always around to help out!

AM will get you taken care of. I honestly don't know of another company that gives this sort of customer attention. quite honestly I don't think any company even comes close.. Hell they flew Paul to a dudes house.. I've worked with them on my 2012 mustang and my new one. I wouldn't go with any other company because of how good their customer support is.
Thanks Mike! We bend over backwards to ensure that our customers are happy and we definitely had Paul down in West Palm Beach Florida tuning a couple customers cars on site! We don't mess around and we'll stop at nothing to ensure that our customers as well as Bama Customers are beyond happy with their parts and services!

Alex

I just canceled my order with american muscle and went with the lund tune from lethal performance. The JLT was back ordered and I really dont want to wait anymore!!!
Hey - camnuts44 - I'm really sorry to see and hear about this and I'm willing to have your order shipped to you Free Of Charge. For one thread to sway your opinion on something like this is definitely something that would keep me up in the middle of the night!!

If you're interested and just to reiterate, I'll have your order processed and shipped for free, shoot me your order number and I'll have this taken care of as this is how confident I am that you'll enjoy your Bama Tunes over anything else that's out there

We've had a ton of great results from our customers who are running Bama tunes. Their tunes have completely been reworked and the difference is night and day. The results from Bama's customers have been solid and the tunes are consistently performing. They've really focused on making sure that Bama's tunes are not only making the same or more power than any competitors, but that the driveability is perfectly smooth and unmatched. The power is on-demand when you hit the throttle, but it drives effortlessly and comfortably when you need it to.

I totally expected to receive great customer service from AM and Bama, which they've been making good on thus far. Like I said, I'll keep everyone in the loop on the matter.
I'm going to see to it that Paul shoots you a call right now if he's not already on the phone with you as I type this, Hang tight!

You are doing the right thing. You're not blasting them (Bama) in any way. I'm sure you spent hard-earned money on this tune, and you're bringing your results to the attention of other forum members. Thank you for keeping us in the loop. I was also looking at a Bama tune, and I'll hold off until results are posted.
Well said and absolutely! This is a public forum! So we need to hear about this as to ensure that we along with Bama is doing their jobs!

2Cool, the last revision the OP had was a V2 Tune

Ehdrian - You should have an update within the next few minutes!

I always feel confident while purchasing from them.
Hey Laztug - Thanks for the kind comments and feedback. I'm really happy to hear that you're always confident when ordering from us or Bama. If there's absolutely anything I can ever help out with please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex
Sponsored