Sponsored

Dyno Update: Bama 91 Tune + JLT CAI + MagnaFlow Street Cat-back = 3HP less?!

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Of course we'd love to sell you a lund custom tune. Trick dynoing months apart though, in fairness to AM is conditions always change and days make a difference.

we dyno'd our shop car 2 days apart, weather conditions and time seemed damn near identical, every pull was consistenly 7hp less "with the exact same tune in the car'

best way to test mods, especially n/a is back to back
Yes, but when others are making roughly 30whp from intake and tune you shouldnt be lower than your baseline.
Sponsored

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AM will get you taken care of. I honestly don't know of another company that gives this sort of customer attention. quite honestly I don't think any company even comes close.. Hell they flew Paul to a dudes house.. I've worked with them on my 2012 mustang and my new one. I wouldn't go with any other company because of how good their customer support is.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

camnuts44

2015 Mustang GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp (black)
I just canceled my order with american muscle and went with the lund tune from lethal performance. The JLT was back ordered and I really dont want to wait anymore!!!

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I wasn't terribly impressed with my Bama tune and got my car dyno tuned anyway, but I will say at least that their customer service has always been pretty good. I worked with them on my tune with my '11 way back. At least give 'em a call before blasting them... Goes for any product. Hell, it's what I did with SW - they just told me I was wrong lol.
In my opinion, I haven't blasted them at all. In my original post I clearly stated that I would be dealing directly with them about the negative results. I stated the facts and asked for opinions only.

I totally expected to receive great customer service from AM and Bama, which they've been making good on thus far. Like I said, I'll keep everyone in the loop on the matter.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
In my opinion, I haven't blasted them at all. In my original post I clearly stated that I would be dealing directly with them about the negative results. I stated the facts and asked for opinions only.

I totally expected to receive great customer service from AM and Bama, which they've been making good on thus far. Like I said, I'll keep everyone in the loop on the matter.
You flat out said their tune caused your car to lose power and posted the dyno graphs. All of this BEFORE you called them to see what's up. If that's not blasting them I don't want to get on your bad side...

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
You flat out said their tune caused your car to lose power and posted the dyno graphs. All of this BEFORE you called them to see what's up. If that's not blasting them I don't want to get on your bad side...
Reading through this tread I think he's been fair. He posted the results which were negative and asked for opinions. The forum has a lot of car-smart people and they may have input that can help.

I never read any bashing

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
"We're splitting the cost with Bama"...LOL

Not like you're a division of the same company and they're located right down the hallway or anything

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Where did I "flat out" slander them? I've listed the mods and variables. Also, I didn't make any statements saying that they didn't have a good product or know what they were doing. Again, I clearly said I'd be speaking with them today. If they were open 24/7, I would have called them immediately.

My results didn't match my expectations or theirs obviously, simply put. I posted graphs, of course! Why wouldn't I? I had them. If I didn't, you'd be trolling the post from another angle, asking for proof to back my statements.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No one was slandered, he posted his results. OBVIOUSLY something is wrong losing power on the dyno. If nothing else it would remain the same, not lose.

There is clearly an issue with the tune and he was posting his results. Bama/AM chimed in and will investigate.

I am a lawyer and I even hate people throwing around legal terms they don't know fully what they mean or how to use them. I see nothing where OP ripped on Bama or said they're sh*t or anything close to that. People can post if something is not working for them without threat of legal terms being thrown around; that's why we are here, discussion and helping others with their 6G problems.

Sponsored

dannycoconuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am curious to see what might have caused this, hope it gets fixed for you

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
No one was slandered, he posted his results. OBVIOUSLY something is wrong losing power on the dyno. If nothing else it would remain the same, not lose.

There is clearly an issue with the tune and he was posting his results. Bama/AM chimed in and will investigate.

I am a lawyer and I even hate people throwing around legal terms they don't know fully what they mean or how to use them. I see nothing where OP ripped on Bama or said they're sh*t or anything close to that. People can post if something is not working for them without threat of legal terms being thrown around; that's why we are here, discussion and helping others with their 6G problems.
Not sure what other people are reading, but I never used the term slander, OP did. And OP didn't say that JLT or Magnaflow needed a call, so that leaves Bama as the assumed culprit. How am I the only that reads that in the post?

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
Nothing wrong with the frustration of the OP and posting facts of his experience...

Reading this proved my doubts about their tune correct. I didn't dyno mine but I didn't feel the tune did anything other than raise the limiter to 7k. Then on top of the surging and cold start acting stupid is the reason I tried another company. Wanted to make sure I wasn't over reacting and expecting to much from Bama and the X4. I contacted Lund Racing. Jon Lund II called me personally and I gave it a go. The hypertech and Lund 93 tune was night and day compared to the X4 and Bama tune. Funny not one issue, no surging, no cold start issues and the car rips! I have a setup similar to the OP.

Great guys over at AM and I will still purchase parts from them. I'm sure Bama will eventually get their issues lined out. However Lund will tune all of my Mustangs from here on out. Just my two cents...

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I think it's safe to say that I'll be waiting to see how this sorts out before I do anything. I have an EB, not GT but what I'm hearing has me concerned. I was close to pulling the trigger on JLT/Bama

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Nothing wrong with the frustration of the OP and posting facts of his experience...

Reading this proved my doubts about their tune correct. I didn't dyno mine but I didn't feel the tune did anything other than raise the limiter to 7k. Then on top of the surging and cold start acting stupid is the reason I tried another company. Wanted to make sure I wasn't over reacting and expecting to much from Bama and the X4. I contacted Lund Racing. Jon Lund II called me personally and I gave it a go. The hypertech and Lund 93 tune was night and day compared to the X4 and Bama tune. Funny not one issue, no surging, no cold start issues and the car rips! I have a setup similar to the OP.

Great guys over at AM and I will still purchase parts from them. I'm sure Bama will eventually get their issues lined out. However Lund will tune all of my Mustangs from here on out. Just my two cents...
Glad your happy with your Lund tune!!!!

:)
Sponsored