Sponsored

DYNO: Kooks Full Exhaust & GT350 Intake Manifold JDM Engineering's 2015 Mustang GT

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
How hard is it to get the torque above 400 lbft on these cars? The whp is way up there but torque is not so much!
Sponsored

kallo07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nice, just got my car running,

Gt350 setup I take throttlebody and gt350 JLT cai, I have custom 3 inch cat delet setup, catback and a6 car with lu47 injectors. Started the tune on it with the tuner. Way better option over the CJ setup for a street car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Keep it up guys! Awesome work.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
No sound clip?!

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
How hard is it to get the torque above 400 lbft on these cars? The whp is way up there but torque is not so much!
Not very hard. I made 404 with headers and a tune. Tq is all in the tune. Tuner needs to optimize the cam timing to bring the tq back. A friend made 416 tq with headers and intake.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
There is really a limit to what an engine only displacing 5 liters can do as far as torque when NA...at 400 ft lbs it's already cranking 80 torque/liter..even at 85 tq/l it would still be around 425 torque...

As it stands it's cranking out the same peak torque as a 5.7 Hemi and more than several members of the LS family

OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
So is it safe to assume if you revise the tune for the new mods the car will pick up more power throughout the curve as well as peak?
There is definitely some power left under the curve. We don't see it making much of a difference but we are still playing around with a few things.

How would this translate to a manual car? I've already got the headers and cai. I made 440. If I add this gt350 intake manifold what should I expect with dialed in cam tuning? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the cost
I would expect 450-460whp on a manual car. We have one coming in for an install soon.

Was VCT tuned for the change in VE of each modification?
Nothing was changed yet just to see what the parts alone were worth. That said, the PCM made some of its own changes as a result of these parts.

Sub'd, I'd love to see this on E85.
We don't really worth with that here since it is not readily available in this area. We can put in some race fuel and turn it up but the goal right now it to build a car that is designed to run on premium pump fuel.

No sound clip?!
It's coming!

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
There is definitely some power left under the curve. We don't see it making much of a difference but we are still playing around with a few things.

Nothing was changed yet just to see what the parts alone were worth. That said, the PCM made some of its own changes as a result of these parts.
So this was just installing the headers with no tuning changes. Might I add that even if the ECU is adding ignition advance, doing so, so that the knock sensor does not need to add this additional timing, may even result in adding more before seeing knock, and tuning the VCT is going to be the cake where gains will be shown with running this manifold. Installing long tubes and changing the intake manifold are huge modifications that alter the VE of an engine. Tuning the VCT is a must for valid and accurate results for doing these tests.

Kris

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
So this was just installing the headers with no tuning changes. Might I add that even if the ECU is adding ignition advance, doing so, so that the knock sensor does not need to add this additional timing, may even result in adding more before seeing knock, and tuning the VCT is going to be the cake where gains will be shown with running this manifold. Installing long tubes and changing the intake manifold are huge modifications that alter the VE of an engine. Tuning the VCT is a must for valid and accurate results for doing these tests.

Kris
I agree 100%. This takes time to perfect. To achieve maximum gains under the curve VCT tuning is important.

However, as we have shown, you do not HAVE to tune VCT in order to show the gains of a part swap and to have a nice running and driving car.

OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I agree 100%. This takes time to perfect. To achieve maximum gains under the curve VCT tuning is important.

However, as we have shown, you do not HAVE to tune VCT in order to show the gains of a part swap and to have a nice running and driving car.
Well sure, that's because an increase in airflow has occurred and the engine is now more efficient resulting in more hp. But, to show what installing a part and showing what it can really do, tuning every aspect of engine function is crucial when doing a dyno comparison and showing what the intake manifold is really capable of. Every time I've ever compared parts, I tune vct for each modification to get the max efficiency each time. Always resulted in more hp and a faster car.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
We don't really worth with that here since it is not readily available in this area. We can put in some race fuel and turn it up but the goal right now it to build a car that is designed to run on premium pump fuel.
:amen:

And thanks!

That is all...
Sponsored