Sponsored

Do you think Ford will ever show love to the V6?

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Why wouldn't it make sense to cross shop a Genesis with a Mustang? If you aren't looking for a v8 you have 2 rwd coupes that make similar power. I cross shopped a Mustang with a BRZ for the same reason(not so much the power part more fun to drive rwd part).
I have to agree here. The BRZ/FRS twins and the Hyundai Genesis are direct competitors to these Mustangs as is obviously Camaro. I'd go so far as to say that the BMW 2 series and yes even the 3 series and Mercedes C Class in some respects, especially as you get into the GT territory are also competitors for this car as the IRS and interior quality bring it up to European levels IMO
Sponsored

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
All this discussion ignores the simple facts...

The consumer's that are buying the new S550 seem to have a preference for either the 2.3 EcoBoost...or the 5.0 V8...

There appears to be limited demand for the V6 in it's currently state of tune...

IMO...the lack of buyers will force Ford to discontinue the current V6 option as some point...

:thumbsup:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
EB is sorta for the A5 buyers.
EB/PP is sorta for the S5 buyers
GT/PP is sorta there for the RS5

Even other reviews have stated the EB is Ford's version of the Audi A5.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Okay, am I dense? No idea what you're talking about. I said nothing derogatory about the EB, just stating a fact regarding what I paid and engine upgrades. I like the V6 sound better- but I never knocked the EB- as I stated in an earlier post, I HAVE a EB in my 13 Fusion! :headbonk:
He meant the "if I were to put x amount of money into this car argument"
Especially as the price difference between a base V6 and Eco is only about 1k or less.

I got mine for $24255 Delivered to Germany, Take away the shipping Charges and it would be a 23k car so the price difference is nearly non existent.

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...

Have to disagree with you...

The Audi A5 lineup puts the S550 to shame in terms of overall quality and drivabilty...they're just not in the same league...

The workmanship of the Audi interior is also more impressive than in a S550...

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Especially as the price difference between a base V6 and Eco is only about 1k or less.

I got mine for $24255 Delivered to Germany, Take away the shipping Charges and it would be a 23k car so the price difference is nearly non existent.
Well that, and $4,000 into the V6 gets what? That isn't enough for a Procharger and I'm not sure how the Cyclone takes to nitrous. So how fast can you really go for $4,000?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Have to disagree with you...

The Audi A5 lineup puts the S550 to shame in terms of overall quality and drivabilty...they're just not in the same league...

The workmanship of the Audi interior is also more impressive than in a S550...

As it Should be for nearly double the cost, so I believe it's a fair comparison of performance and style.

I have already met a few A5's on the Autobahn, I couldn't make out much of the interior as I was passing them :lol: , but my base S550 has the nicest interior of any car I ever owned which is enough for me.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

That's a great price, but you do have to add the shipping charges because you paid them, plus yours is a true base including the M/T as mine Has the 051A pkg and Auto trans.. Even with that mine was cheaper. The reason people use that argument , and I believe it's a valid point is to show that getting a less costly car but adding either HP or visual/interior stuff or a combination of both is something most of us in the hobby do. Again, it's NOT to belittle one car or another or one owner or another, it just is what it is.
Ford is ceding that market for the V6 to outside vendors instead of doing things "in house". The first few months the breakdown was 50% GT, 25% EB and 25% V6. Now I don't know what the total numbers are but I see people saying the V6 accounting for 20% overall sales last year. That may be true or it may not be as I have no idea whe the number comes from. My numbers came from Ford and I believe you can find them in old posts from AutoBlog or one of the magazine sites. I saw them for the first four months or so and then Ford only came out with total units and no breakdown.

Regardless, there is a huge V6 market in the U.S. And it's not going to go away. Ford will get rid of this V6, but rest assured the EB V6 will replace it and the Four will be the bottom engine while they place the V8 into the specialty Mustangs like Mach1 or Boss.. Then the GT will have the EB V6 and the base cars will get the Four. I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm sure it's coming- The Ford GT proves it.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I'm not looking forward to the EB V6 (2.7 or 3.5) going in the Mustang because then I will want to trade mine.

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Well that, and $4,000 into the V6 gets what? That isn't enough for a Procharger and I'm not sure how the Cyclone takes to nitrous. So how fast can you really go for $4,000?
I was just throwing out a figure as an example. Actually headers, exhaust and intake should be more than enough to surpass a stock EB. You only have 10 more HP over the V6, and that's running Premium Gas. Plus there are tunes out there now for like $500 bucks that increase HP and Torque for the V6 so it wouldn't take $4000 to surpass the EB in reality. Again though I wasn't stating that stuff to say the EB isn't good, just that the V6 has a place in the Mustang Linup and Ford should recognize this sooner rather than when they switch to the EB V6..

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP

I find that a reasonable statement.A nice used s5 was one of the cars I was really considering during my process.I think I would've been quite happy with either.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I was just throwing out a figure as an example. Actually headers, exhaust and intake should be more than enough to surpass a stock EB. You only have 10 more HP over the V6, and that's running Premium Gas. Plus there are tunes out there now for like $500 bucks that increase HP and Torque for the V6 so it wouldn't take $4000 to surpass the EB in reality. Again though I wasn't stating that stuff to say the EB isn't good, just that the V6 has a place in the Mustang Linup and Ford should recognize this sooner rather than when they switch to the EB V6..
Well considering the price difference between the cars is about $1,000 does that mean the EB can do $3,000 in mods in said scenario? That could be a close race.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
All this discussion ignores the simple facts...

The consumer's that are buying the new S550 seem to have a preference for either the 2.3 EcoBoost...or the 5.0 V8...

There appears to be limited demand for the V6 in it's currently state of tune...

IMO...the lack of buyers will force Ford to discontinue the current V6 option as some point...

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, 20% happens to be a quite a few units considering the total number of units sold for this generation. One must always consider the context of the percentage. 20% of a twenty dollars isn't the same as 20% of a hundred dollars. It could very well be that this year's model sells more v6 units than last year, yet have sold a higher % last year.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I hope Ford carries on the V6. I really do, it's a fine engine. But it's not lookin good.
Sponsored