Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

NOM3RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
Yeah, I tried that last week. Put Octane in on Sunday with a full tank, by Tuesday with half a tank the car started waking up. But I still think I was seeing knock but the car was way faster.

Now I got a tune revision and it seems the knock is worse now. I was told to buy VP Racing Fuel Octane Booster and add to half a tank. I will see if that does anything.

I have another tuner that says he can tune the car properly, just sucks paying all this money and not getting anywhere, then having to switch. But I just want the car tuned properly.
Did you run the Camaro with the Octane Booster?
Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Did you run the Camaro with the Octane Booster?
No, I didn't use Octane. I want to run the car with octane. But either way I should blow the doors off the car. Neck and neck and my car just wouldn't pull on it. It's almost like I have 1.73 rear end gears. lol

Sorry for the sideways videos. Not sure why it did that.

[ame]

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yup on the can it says to run one can of octanium to ten gallons of 93 and that will give close to 100oct.Also when u pull your plugs see what the gap is.My car was breaking up over 5k and the plugs were gapped wrong,regapped all of them and car ran great.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup on the can it says to run one can of octanium to ten gallons of 93 and that will give close to 100oct.Also when u pull your plugs see what the gap is.My car was breaking up over 5k and the plugs were gapped wrong,regapped all of them and car ran great.
My plugs look good. They were gapped at 32. I might go to 30, but that wouldn't make that much of a difference.

This car is seriously down on power.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My plugs look good. They were gapped at 32. I might go to 30, but that wouldn't make that much of a difference.

This car is seriously down on power.

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
fyi i always put the gap at .028 i had issues with .032 early on

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Yeah, I tried that last week. Put Octane in on Sunday with a full tank, by Tuesday with half a tank the car started waking up. But I still think I was seeing knock but the car was way faster.

Now I got a tune revision and it seems the knock is worse now. I was told to buy VP Racing Fuel Octane Booster and add to half a tank. I will see if that does anything.

I have another tuner that says he can tune the car properly, just sucks paying all this money and not getting anywhere, then having to switch. But I just want the car tuned properly.
I bet that means turn off your knock sensors...

You need to look through your entire exhaust rack all the way to the rear. My false knock was caused by the rear exhaust tapping on the sway bar very lightly at the peak of my rpm band...

The likely hood of the tune being the issue is very small... you are however pretty lean under wot. What plugs are you running?

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Those new camaros are pretty fast. I raced one with full boltons and it kept up with me until my third gear kicked in I believe. I'll upload the video when I get out of work.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those new camaros are pretty fast. I raced one with full boltons and it kept up with me until my third gear kicked in I believe. I'll upload the video when I get out of work.
No way a stock Camaro should hang with a Procharged Mustang. FBO Mustangs beat them

Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet that means turn off your knock sensors...

You need to look through your entire exhaust rack all the way to the rear. My false knock was caused by the rear exhaust tapping on the sway bar very lightly at the peak of my rpm band...

The likely hood of the tune being the issue is very small... you are however pretty lean under wot. What plugs are you running?

Not turning off KS. Anyway I put the car on a lift the other night and went through everything. Exhaust looked good. Going back to the shop on Saturday. I will triple check everything.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Hey, can you send me some logs. I have the exact same problem with the Lund tuned Stage 2 Procharger with D1. The car feels like it's gonna make power, but when I get on it, it feels like I have 2.10 rear end gears. It just is not making power.

My logs show a lot of knock. Like a sick amount of knock. Maybe Procharger an take a peek at my logs and tell me what they think. Lund also told me my logs "look awesome", but I am seeing 10 degrees of knock. Insane. Lund says it's false knock and I need to find where it's coming from. I put the car on a lift the other night and went over everything. I found a loose intercooler bolt so I buttoned it up. I really thought that was the problem but no go.

Nemesys, I'm thinking you might have the same problem. Email me your logs and let's get to the bottom of this. I ran a stock 16 2SS Camaro auto driven by a girl and we were neck and neck. I'm embarrassed to tell people I have a Procharger and can't beat a stock Camaro. I must be making 400whp.

Here is my log from this morning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vr2pr3rsjxa8zf/log0049.csv?dl=0

10 degrees of knock........... whoa!!!!

I say this to everyone that's trying to find out if knock is false or not. Put in actual race gas not just octane boost and see if it goes away.

Your in Chicago....... I'll run you.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 degrees of knock........... whoa!!!!

I say this to everyone that's trying to find out if knock is false or not. Put in actual race gas not just octane boost and see if it goes away.

Your in Chicago....... I'll run you.
I don't want to get my ass kicked. But would be glad to meet up sometime. Met a few other Mustang guys from FB and we get together
Sponsored