Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I have one for procharger. Im doing part time work at a performance shop in town and im installing billet OPG/CS and a procharger stage 2 kit on a 16 gt. Well the brackets for the intercooler are off and the intercooler wont fit between them at all. Going to have to open up the brackets.
Say what?
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I have one for procharger. Im doing part time work at a performance shop in town and im installing billet OPG/CS and a procharger stage 2 kit on a 16 gt. Well the brackets for the intercooler are off and the intercooler wont fit between them at all. Going to have to open up the brackets.
If I remember correctly the brackets are specific to each side and angled accordingly. They are also adjustable.

Pics or it didn't happen :)

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
If I remember correctly the brackets are specific to each side and angled accordingly. They are also adjustable.

Pics or it didn't happen :)
Well i know the brackets are angled to go with the angle of the two boss's on each side of the interooler. Something is defenitely off. Brackets bolted loosely to intercooler, both sides wont go on the studs on the back side of the bumper. Its weird.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Well i know the brackets are angled to go with the angle of the two boss's on each side of the interooler. Something is defenitely off. Brackets bolted loosely to intercooler, both sides wont go on the studs on the back side of the bumper. Its weird.
Can you post pics? I can't imagine how this would be.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
hmmm wrong brackets sent? [MENTION=11041]ProChargerTECH[/MENTION]

Sponsored

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
Maybe "nuts" is a little far but I would not trust myself with just a BAP. Very few people that I know with twins would be happy with 650ish whp. You don't buy that kind of kit with that level of adjust-ability only to leave it alone.

A BAP will only take you to about 700 relatively safely; even that is debatable though. With a few small clicks on a boost controller you have 800whp+ on tap. So why would you limit yourself when you can do it right the first time (fuel system and e85)? That way, when you want to run a higher boost setting you can.

If you/anyone has ever had a turbo car you would understand. Hell I tried to make my PC kit more like a turbo car. There is nothing more fun that having your daily driving setting (boost group 1) then your "imma gonna crush everyone" (boost group 2) setting in your boost controller. Can't do that without proper fuel.
This is sooo true. I've had 3 modded turbo cars in the past. Out of the 3, one was fully built. You do want to crank it up. Also in the past there was the issue of "boost creep". I would want to have that safety margin of a fuel system with E85 to boot.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
This is sooo true. I've had 3 modded turbo cars in the past. Out of the 3, one was fully built. You do want to crank it up. Also in the past there was the issue of "boost creep". I would want to have that safety margin of a fuel system with E85 to boot.
I remember this one time in my Evo viii back in the day I was heading to LVMS for test and tune. A 911 was messing with me so I went at it in BG1 thinking I would be okay.. He ended up walking away. Asked him for 1 more chance, switch to BG2 (35psi) and all he saw were tail lights. #Iloveboostcontrol

Boost creep is still an issue, I deal with it now and always have. So much more to deal with when you have a turbo setup, why skimp on the basic stuff :shrug:

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
So the purge solenoid has two lines running to it. One comes off the drivers side and has the green plug. The other is the line that runs to the intake manifold. Am I reading it right that the purge valve is just vented and tucked under the manifold? Just want to be sure.
No lines are vented. Both lines are hooked up. But my drivers side pcv port on the manifold is capped. Evap line comes off the drivers side.

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
[MENTION=13025]Nemesys[/MENTION] any luck?