Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Hopefully you're adding good shit and not the gas station octane boosters. I usually sprinkle a bit into my tank when datalogging so I can provide the tuner with good data. Nothing worse than doing 3 pulls, going home and checking the data to find you were seeing some knock at times due to gas. Though gas down here is fairly good.
Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
to procharger 6mt guys, do your cars go full lean off throttle? ever since install my car doesn't really engine brake.. when I go off throttle the car keeps running at stoich AFR. which i'm assuming is related to the rev hang issue i've been having.

weird thing is, if i wind it past 3k rpm the revs drop instantly at clutch in, and AFRs peg full lean. which is what it should be? but if i clutch in at 2800 rpm the car hangs revs like mad.

http://i.imgur.com/EV4JnlI.png
I had symptoms that sound like what you have going on, can't comment on the log. A new tune fixed my car not engine braking and other things.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
to procharger 6mt guys, do your cars go full lean off throttle? ever since install my car doesn't really engine brake.. when I go off throttle the car keeps running at stoich AFR. which i'm assuming is related to the rev hang issue i've been having.

weird thing is, if i wind it past 3k rpm the revs drop instantly at clutch in, and AFRs peg full lean. which is what it should be? but if i clutch in at 2800 rpm the car hangs revs like mad.

Not sure whats up with that log but I downloaded it and tried extracting and renaming to .csv and neither work.

jlwilson10609

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ruby Red

I thought this behavior was intentional and normal. I will drive on lunch but think mine behaves the same. Not making it the correct behavior just perhaps the same.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Damn Jaehead, that was over maehead lol.

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged

what you are referring to is the DEFCO (decel fuel cut off). the manuals seem to never want to do it for some reason. erik and i are working on it for emissions purposes, but it has little to do with the revs hanging. granted if the injectors shut off it will drop rpm from no fuel but the throttle shouldn't be open that much to begin with.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
I can't believe I just read 29 pages of this.

Takeaways:
- This community will do just about anything to help someone, even if they don't want to help themselves.
- PC Tech, I admire your patience. I'm not sure I could do it man.
- diablomatt is just a straight up good dude in every thread I see him in.

I'm heavily leaning PC for an over the winter install and I try to keep up on related posts. This ones been a doozy.

thank you. yes i try to help everyone i can. no i dont get paid to be here lol. quite the opposite i probably shouldn't be on here while working but just trying to help lol:cheers:

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
^Links don't work.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^Links don't work.
Not sure why, but this was the post about tuning. I wanted to point out what a huge difference Shoemaker tunes can make since Nemesys wasn't familiar with Rob Shoemaker. Just search his name in the S550 Facebook groups.

----This Supercharged Mustang featuring the Paxton 2200SL on e85 originally made 610whp by another shop/tuner. In the hands of Krazy House and our in house tuner Rob Shoemaker using HP Tuners we were able to take care of all loose ends and squeeze out a whopping 812whp and 663ft/lb tq.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
what you are referring to is the DEFCO (decel fuel cut off). the manuals seem to never want to do it for some reason. erik and i are working on it for emissions purposes, but it has little to do with the revs hanging. granted if the injectors shut off it will drop rpm from no fuel but the throttle shouldn't be open that much to begin with.
Are you increasing your clyair multipliers? I'm not sure what the Diablo equivalent would be. I've seen it where when they are increased to high dfco doesn't work.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you increasing your clyair multipliers? I'm not sure what the Diablo equivalent would be. I've seen it where when they are increased to high dfco doesn't work.
Question about this DEFCON thing. Would fuel cut off on deceleration cause knock. I'm revving my car past 7k and it pulls hard, but when I let off the gas and RPMs start to drop, I'm seeing knock. Anywhere from 4-7 positive knock so it's pulling timing 4-7 degrees.
Sponsored