Sponsored

Did someone throw shade at you because you're a twenty-something?

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I know i dont have a 350, but im 23 and i bought myself a (sticker) $43k Roush Stage 1... Busted my ass for 3 years for it before it even came out.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Local guy, 20 something college student shows up at a local event with a GT350 with paper plates. So, I asked about him. How is he affording that car? They say he had a lucrative internship with an oil company and bought the GT350 after totaling a brand new Focus RS.

I didn't throw shade, but I might have been thinking it.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
If someone asked me how i could afford my car i would politely tell them it was by minding my own f*cking business and working hard. You get a lot further in life focused on improving your own situation vs. wondering why someone else has it better than you.

Sponsored

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Skateboard GT with 22" spinnaz
When shades are thrown at me, I pick them up. :mullet::lol:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Can somebody close this thread? I'm sick of listening to people who are 20 something talk about how hard they work.
LOL!!!! It is a dumb thread, oops! did I throw shade??? LOLOLOLO

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Can somebody close this thread? I'm sick of listening to people who are 20 something talk about how hard they work.
That's ageism. Not everyone who is "20 something" talks about how hard they work. Many do work really hard. I'm 49 and I have 5-7 reports who are 20 something and DO bust their ass.

I try and avoid singling out any one group as that feels like discrimination to me. YMMV

I agree this thread offers no value and should probably be locked.

Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
I'm old. I don't even know what that expression means, LOL

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
If someone asked me how i could afford my car i would politely tell them it was by minding my own f*cking business and working hard. You get a lot further in life focused on improving your own situation vs. wondering why someone else has it better than you.
I appreciate the concept that you don't feel like sharing, perfectly valid. That said, sometimes the way to improve you own situation is by discovering how others have done better than you. I've been in business for 32 years and every year I try to find an element of business someone else is doing better and steal as much of that approach as I can. Finding out how others have been successful and emulating their technique is a pretty solid recipe for moving the ball forward.

Just the other day I had a kid selling me new security for my business and two houses. He was a hard working kid in his 20's who asked me what I felt the secret to my success was. He was asking me how I could afford my lifestyle, which while hardly rich, is comfortable. He was actively trying to do the second sentence of your post by completely ignoring the first.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 30, so by age group, technically am a millenial, but do not fall into the lazy, entitled category. I am a mechanical engineer, graduated from a top 10 school, and went right into the automotive world with an excellent job, and have since nearly doubled my salary in 7.5 years. I did that by working hard and efficiently.

I do get a bit peeved when older folks blame millenials for almost any problem in our society though, and you know why? YOU RAISED THEM LIKE THIS.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I do get a bit peeved when older folks blame millenials for almost any problem in our society though, and you know why? YOU RAISED THEM LIKE THIS.

I'm 29 and was on the tail end as well of where the "stereotypical millenial pv$$y" came to be. I have had a few older folks try to push my buttons about being a millenial but I also don't blab around about how hard I worked either. I just smile and look out the window at the 350 and then look back at how miserable their life is.

But that could be ANYONE, old or young. In short...who cares? A please-stfu-knuckle-sandwich doesn't age discriminate a broken nose. At least mine don't.
Sponsored