Sponsored

Did someone throw shade at you because you're a twenty-something?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm 28 and I work in an office of mostly 40-60 year olds. On the contrary, all of them that mention it seem to be genuinely happy for me. Just a tiny bit of benign jealousy, like "Oh, if only I had a car like that at your age!" A couple are already longtime Mustang enthusiasts, and I like to see the look on their face when I tell them it's my first Ford, first Mustang, first manual trans...
I think the point of this goes beyond a car......

I Although I agree with some of the points and or observations made in this thread, I believe it really doesn't belong in a GT350 forum.

I remember when this thread was started. Its only purpose, I believe, was to stir the pot.

Maybe it should be moved to the "off topic lounge" here http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The GT350 is simply an easier target due to its MSRP . . . never mind the greedy amounts of ADM that have happened to some.

I don't think I've ever been able to justify buying a car that MSRP'ed much above 50% of a year's gross pay, more like 30% until I was almost 40. And I got out of school 100% debt free (mostly by my own efforts). That does make GT350 ownership by 20-somethings harder for me to understand, though I won't begrudge anybody who has been able to make it work that early in life.

Norm

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I remember when this thread was started. Its only purpose, I believe, was to stir the pot.
And I remember back in my day when you wanted to start a thread you had to walk 5 miles in the snow uphill both ways to do it.:lol:

This thread is no more or less stupid than the mid life crisis thread. What makes it dumb is some of the ignorant comments

OP
OP
thehygienist

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
All the whining and crying that these threads exist, from people that read and post to the threads... classic. Suggest you go to a proper thread, so you can read about who is parking outside and who has the best equipped garage. :lol:

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I have many friends who are young, hardworking, successful, goal oriented.... That said, I am associated with many many younger people who don't meet those criteria.

FROM TIME MAGAZINE:
Here’s the cold, hard data: The incidence of narcissistic personality disorder is nearly three times as high for people in their 20s as for the generation that’s now 65 or older, according to the National Institutes of Health; 58% more college students scored higher on a narcissism scale in 2009 than in 1982.

http://time.com/247/millennials-the-me-me-me-generation/

As per how I am associate with so many young people, I own a gym which trains mma fighters, muay thai boxers, kids and people interested in fitness. www.bakersfieldmma.com. So a significant portion of my clientele is on the young side. That said, I have 70 year olds who do Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai, so we can't generalize with any degree of absurdness.

Ultimately, if you earned the money and bought the car, GOOD FOR YOU!

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I have many friends who are young, hardworking, successful, goal oriented.... That said, I am associated with many many younger people who don't meet those criteria.

FROM TIME MAGAZINE:
Here’s the cold, hard data: The incidence of narcissistic personality disorder is nearly three times as high for people in their 20s as for the generation that’s now 65 or older, according to the National Institutes of Health; 58% more college students scored higher on a narcissism scale in 2009 than in 1982.

http://time.com/247/millennials-the-me-me-me-generation/

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article121869843.html

funny thing about articles is that you can usually find one to fit any point of view. Here is one that says Millennials are actually the hardest working demographic

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

funny thing about articles is that you can usually find one to fit any point of view. Here is one that says Millennials are actually the hardest working demographic
If anything, we are probably the ones to make it known the most that we're working given the confidence issues and gratification banter that goes with millennials, regardless of the amount of work actually accomplished. I have a few younger millennials under me and they're pretty reserved but I know how much each busts ass, at least at their day job anyway. In terms of economic challenges or at least keep up with lifestyle expectations though, I can see how millennials are pretty stretched. For instance, I don't know a single teacher of my age or abouts that doesn't have a second job bar tending or something like that. And teaching is more than an 8 - 5'er big time.

SHOCKSOKET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It would have been bad news to own this car in my 20's. I'm 35 and still want to drive it like a hooligan every time I push the red button

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
It would have been bad news to own this car in my 20's. I'm 35 and still want to drive it like a hooligan every time I push the red button
I'm 51 and I still do...

why just the other day I stopped for gas and some goofy looking dude drove up next to me and yelled "you drive like an asshole". So now I know I'm doing it right. :clap2:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's better than the 600CC sport bikes I rode 6 or 7 years ago :)

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249

My article was quoting the National Institute for Health and yours quoted a survey. There is an inarguable qualitative difference in the two sources. Yes, you can get an article saying whatever you want. Finding a study published by a world wide expert often subject to peer review is another thing entirely. Might as well compare a Shelby GT350 to a 1975 mustang II. After all you can find a mustang supporting anyone's views on mustangs.

By the way the first sentence of my post was: I have many friends who are young, hardworking, successful, goal oriented.... That said, I am associated with many many younger people who don't meet those criteria.

THAT IS MY POINT OF VIEW.
Sponsored