Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I've driven mine down to 10 miles left......fuel roulette:D

Filled it to the brim and it took 59 litres.... tank says capacity is 61 litres.:cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
marino13

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, Porsche 911
I've driven mine down to 10 miles left......fuel roulette:D

Filled it to the brim and it took 59 litres.... tank says capacity is 61 litres.:cheers:
Thanks Enoch - also the fact that I live in an island that is ten miles long I think itā€™s pretty safe leaving 20miles in the tank...

OP
OP
marino13

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, possibly that it caused your car to cut out.
Fair enough - will take that. Just never experienced that before and I have a Porsche 911, a Merc AMG ML55, a Classic Golf Mk2GTI 16v (and the wifeā€™s Toyota)... and fuel has never been an issue with cutting out.

Yep agree if the petrol fixes it win win but Iā€™ve been in contact with Steeda and they are sending me a new tune too after sending the latest diagnostic.

Apologise for being short - I know we are all trying to help each other out but when the car doesnā€™t work fk me itā€™s annoying lol

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Fair enough - will take that. Just never experienced that before and I have a Porsche 911, a Merc AMG ML55, a Classic Golf Mk2GTI 16v (and the wifeā€™s Toyota)... and fuel has never been an issue with cutting out.

Yep agree if the petrol fixes it win win but Iā€™ve been in contact with Steeda and they are sending me a new tune too after sending the latest diagnostic.

Apologise for being short - I know we are all trying to help each other out but when the car doesnā€™t work fk me itā€™s annoying lol
No worries. I hope you get it sorted and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the fuel. The calibration on the Ford is possibly not as good as your other vehicles. One problem with the Ford ā€˜miles to emptyā€™ system is that it takes awhile to catch up. So, if you were driving economically yesterday and go hooning today it might be telling you that you have 20 miles left, when actually you have 5. As [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] has shown its not an exact science although it sounds like his erred on the side of caution. On the island I imagine average mpg could be all over the place. Good luck, anyway :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
marino13

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries. I hope you get it sorted and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the fuel. The calibration on the Ford is possibly not as good as your other vehicles. One problem with the Ford ā€˜miles to emptyā€™ system is that it takes awhile to catch up. So, if you were driving economically yesterday and go hooning today it might be telling you that you have 20 miles left, when actually you have 5. As [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] has shown its not an exact science although it sounds like his erred on the side of caution. On the island I imagine average mpg could be all over the place. Good luck, anyway :)
Thanks Ben - appreciated. Will try the petrol this weekend and then the tune. As for driving economically just not possible here - stop start go stop start go - Iā€™m getting 9mpg and the top speed limit is 35! Hence a few track days planned for next year

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Unless the variance on the fuel pickups for these cars is that widely different, I doubt running the tank to 20 is the problem. I've run mine to 0 miles and had no issues.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Unless the variance on the fuel pickups for these cars is that widely different, I doubt running the tank to 20 is the problem. I've run mine to 0 miles and had no issues.
Now that's proper fuel roulette:lol::thumbsup:

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Now that's proper fuel roulette:lol::thumbsup:
Indeed!! I think I still had half a gallon or a bit more in there. It was earlier in the year and I can't recall exactly.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Iā€™m getting 9mpg and the top speed limit is 35! Hence a few track days planned for next year
Come pay your neighbour a visit over the water here in Jersey sometime next year... our speed limit is 40mph and I'm getting 12-13mpg... you won't know yourself... and I promise no Donkey jokes now you're a Pony owner (although I would appreciate a heads-up as to whether you've got a beard or not as you know what they say about Guernsey people not being trusted with razors) :D:D:D !

The tunnel over here under Fort Regent is a superb place to go WOT if you've got a modified exhaust... and they've made it much more fun now they've just built the new police station 75 yards from the east entrance :headbang: !

Got the JIMF (Jersey International Motoring Festival) at the end of May '18 and we always put on a good Mustang display, and it is very 'International' now as we had people from as far as Yeovil here this year... :help: !

One great thing about living on an island... the Mustang is a guaranteed head turner as you can never go fast enough past anyone that they don't notice you... come to think of it, you could effectively run out of fuel here in Jersey and just push it, and no-one would think you're moving any slower than normal!

Next time your driving down the south or east coast, honk your horn and if it's a clear day and I can see you I'll give you a wave :cheers: !

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
marino13

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Come pay your neighbour a visit over the water here in Jersey sometime next year... our speed limit is 40mph and I'm getting 12-13mpg... you won't know yourself... and I promise no Donkey jokes now you're a Pony owner (although I would appreciate a heads-up as to whether you've got a beard or not as you know what they say about Guernsey people not being trusted with razors) :D:D:D !

The tunnel over here under Fort Regent is a superb place to go WOT if you've got a modified exhaust... and they've made it much more fun now they've just built the new police station 75 yards from the east entrance :headbang: !

Got the JIMF (Jersey International Motoring Festival) at the end of May '18 and we always put on a good Mustang display, and it is very 'International' now as we had people from as far as Yeovil here this year... :help: !

One great thing about living on an island... the Mustang is a guaranteed head turner as you can never go fast enough past anyone that they don't notice you... come to think of it, you could effectively run out of fuel here in Jersey and just push it, and no-one would think you're moving any slower than normal!

Next time your driving down the south or east coast, honk your horn and if it's a clear day and I can see you I'll give you a wave :cheers: !
Lol nice one -yes will definitely bring it across in the summer! The tunnel is going to sound awesome!

OP
OP
marino13

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it wasnā€™t the fuel -filled her up and cut out twice again in a forty minute drive. Admittedly less than last week but initially thought it was ok.

Am now awaiting an amended tune from Steeda to see if that fixes it. If not, back to stock tune and if it still does it... back to Ford

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Sorry to hear that fill did not sort it. Where do you go for service, anyone on the island? I doubt you have ever got into 6th gear at home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
marino13

marino13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that fill did not sort it. Where do you go for service, anyone on the island? I doubt you have ever got into 6th gear at home.
It has six gears??? Rarely in fourth. Will take it to the main ford dealer here I purchased it through (for some crazy reason they advertise as the earliest Ford garage in Britain)...
Sponsored