Sponsored

Cotus lying?!

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Well maybe the dealer marked it as sold to hold it for me? I don't know. My dealer is getting it from a sister store who ordered it for their inventory...so I can't get info right from the dealer who is receiving it only my dealer. Hopefully I will get good news today
1. dealer don mark it sold, until u have done the paper work. BUt yes it might be the case since they are pulling from another store. That store amrked it as sold for ur dealer
Sponsored

OP
OP

FireBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
frustrating is understatement

And thats not even my full story. Cotus reached 0 days a few weeks ago and then after 2,3 days of nothing jumped back to 14 days. Now it reached 0 as well, says delivered, and nothing.... Arg...

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
And thats not even my full story. Cotus reached 0 days a few weeks ago and then after 2,3 days of nothing jumped back to 14 days. Now it reached 0 as well, says delivered, and nothing.... Arg...
dealer is only option u have left ... unfortunately

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
its bullshit.... both take data from same dB... if cotus shows in transit it shows dealer also in transit.

If it shows you delivered, either it has been marked sold by dealer , thats y u see it delivered o and only dealer can see it in transit.

or dealer is playing smart
I dont think they take info from the same database. My car has been shown in transit since 11/25, EDD of Dec 15th. when i went to finalize things with my dealer he told me it hasn't left the lot in michigan yet. WHen i double checked this with Rachel/Ford Service, she confirmed the dealer was correct, and even though Cotus showed that it shipped, it did not. still there as far as i know too. and I was hopping for a Christmas Mustang too :brokenheart:
essentially I learned that Cotus is hardly something to rest your hopes on.

ribbittingcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic
I dont think they take info from the same database. My car has been shown in transit since 11/25, EDD of Dec 15th. when i went to finalize things with my dealer he told me it hasn't left the lot in michigan yet. WHen i double checked this with Rachel/Ford Service, she confirmed the dealer was correct, and even though Cotus showed that it shipped, it did not. still there as far as i know too. and I was hopping for a Christmas Mustang too :brokenheart:
I think you are right. COTUS showed In Transit on my car but the Dealer was showing that the car was still at Flatrock. I think COTUS In Transit == Transit Arrangements made/Actually In Transit. Similar to the "In Production" status showing one week before actual production. EDD disappearing is probably reflecting transit arrangements being changed based on rail car/convoy availability.

Sponsored

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think COTUS In Transit == Transit Arrangements made/Actually In Transit.
I think so too. COTUS showed my car in transit as of 11/26 even though it wasn't on a train until 11/30.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
essentially I learned that Cotus is hardly something to rest your hopes on.

let me explain this process for you! DB is same , no company maintains two DB.

Now, the term which we use in IT , is called encapsulation! WHich is showing only relevant information to different types of users.

Now about customers: u only see the gist! an EDD and status.

Dealers and Ford Reps: have more deeper access to same DB. They can see all entries in DB , all check points everythin and also range of your EDD.

So even though DB is same , yet information shown is different as per user acces s level granted

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
let me explain this process for you! DB is same , no company maintains two DB.

Now, the term which we use in IT , is called encapsulation! WHich is showing only relevant information to different types of users.

Now about customers: u only see the gist! an EDD and status.

Dealers and Ford Reps: have more deeper access to same DB. They can see all entries in DB , all check points everythin and also range of your EDD.

So even though DB is same , yet information shown is different as per user acces s level granted
I see, well I just wanted to point out that usign the cotus site as a source for actual information as to when your car ships, and from what I hear, when it arrives, is kind of futile, since it seems to be all over the place as to whether an "in transit" car is actual in transit or a "delivered" car is actually delivered. Thats true whether its early or late. The dealer or fordservice is going to have the actual useful information. this is my experience, ymmv.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I see, well I just wanted to point out that usign the cotus site as a source for actual information as to when your car ships, and from what I hear, when it arrives, is kind of futile, since it seems to be all over the place as to whether an "in transit" car is actual in transit or a "delivered" car is actually delivered. Thats true whether its early or late. The dealer or fordservice is going to have the actual useful information. this is my experience, ymmv.
yea... even where i work( which i won disclose hehe.. ) we also apply same... ou customers visibility is only superficial... and yet our employees at stores have can see litle bit more... and we being the Architects have access to almost all info

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
yea... even where i work( which i won disclose hehe.. ) we also apply same... ou customers visibility is only superficial... and yet our employees at stores have can see litle bit more... and we being the Architects have access to almost all info
I understand not giving everyone all the info, it just seems to be incorrect info. "In transit" to me, and i think the average person, means that the car is physically moving to its final destination. in my case it seems switching to in transit was triggered by something that's not really representative

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I understand not giving everyone all the info, it just seems to be incorrect info. "In transit" to me, and i think the average person, means that the car is physically moving to its final destination. in my case it seems switching to in transit was triggered by something that's not really representative
Its not only u... same was with me... now In transit we think it means its on rail.
But in transit means, movement from Plant which has
1. From production lot to to be delivered lot
2. For to be delivered lot to trucks to move to rail yard
3. rail yard to loading in railcars adn to destination.

Now first 2 steps are 2-3 days time consuming as sorting and stuff is done.

So once your car moves in in transit it means the process to move it to destination is initiated.

mimartin15

Flossy's Mom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle =)
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Prem
Not so funny story along that lines...... my 2010 was delivered to the wrong dealer. By the time we located it, the other dealer had the windows tinted and had 256 miles on it....driven by the General Manager. They then wanted a dealer trade to get the car back to my dealer because they had a contract on the car. :frusty:

I got the car but wasn't happy about the additional mileage being on it. My dealer compensated me and it all worked out in the end.
Hope it was a good tint job . . . .:cool:

WhiteMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Delivered....Not

So I checked COTUS and got a an EDD of 1-1-15. It jumped to 12-29-14 then back to 1-1-15. On Monday afternoon, COTUS said my car was delivered. I called the dealer and he said that he hasn't heard anything or seen anything yet. He would call when it arrived. Today has gone by...and nothing.

My dealer mentioned it did get shipped on rail car and arrived somewhere close to NC. But that's all the info I got. So some of thoughts in this thread don't apply to me. It worries me that COTUS says delivered and my dealer doesn't have it...going on two days now, tomorrow is the third day.

:frusty::tsk:

CooterK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT PP
The dealer could be holding on to the sale for the new year.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So I checked COTUS and got a an EDD of 1-1-15. It jumped to 12-29-14 then back to 1-1-15. On Monday afternoon, COTUS said my car was delivered. I called the dealer and he said that he hasn't heard anything or seen anything yet. He would call when it arrived. Today has gone by...and nothing. ...
Have you picked up your Mustang, WhiteMuscle? My tracker agrees with COTUS; it shows that it has been delivered.

Rachel
Sponsored