Sponsored

Clunk from right rear after suspension install.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
So today is the day! Hopefully I will get a call later today that everything is as it should be. Taking it to the Mechanic with specific instructions from Steeda as well as alignment specs. Steeda has been absolutely fantastic in helping; several people got involved to help without me even needing to ask! Steeda saw this post and T.J. Saw the post and passed it on to the proper people. Literally within an hour or so, I received a phone call and an email with several people ccā€™d so they were all aware. They immediately reached out to help! Their products have always been great but I have never needed their Customer Service. Iā€™m not sure which is better now, the product or the support!
Anyway, if itā€™s not fixed this time it is strictly the incompetence of the Tech. I do not think he is incompetent at all. We all have a hard time. The car will go to Steeda next, I donā€™t want to waste time or money or deal with the frustration. So hopefully it will be good today.
I will post after if itā€™s fixed and how the alignment is. If itā€™s good and anyone wants their specs sent to me, I will be happy to send to you.
A huge thanks to TJ and all that have posted with opinions and help. I really appreciate the help!
Sponsored

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Mine is in the shop right now getting all the same parts installed. Hopefully itā€™s problem free when I pick it up. If not this thread could become highly relevant to my interests. Hope a few yanks on a wrench solves your issue OP.
So how did your car turn out? Are you happy with the way it handles now?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know, Matt! Hopefully, all goes well - fingers crossed.

TJ

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Let us know, Matt! Hopefully, all goes well - fingers crossed.

TJ
I have a really bad feeling that I am going to end up spending the money to have the car shipped to Florida so you guys can look at it. The Tech barely heard the sound when I took him for a ride, he kept saying itā€™s sounds like X, Y and Z. I told him about basically every single person and forum and the Manufacture (Steeda) thinks itā€™s one of a couple of things. I asked that he basically go back and loosen everything he touched and look at it and retorque everything.
I heard from him today, he said everything is tight and now he is replacing my factory shock. I know it isnā€™t the shock so I have to assume it will still have the clunk when I get it back next week.
I am not the guy that will go try multiple places and spend the time and money just to let other shops with people I donā€™t know, touch someone elseā€™s work that isnā€™t correct.
So Iā€™ll spend the money once and just do it right, as I should have from the beginning, and ship the car to you. If only I still lived in FL! But at least I know it will be absolutely perfect once your Guys get to play with it, plus I can have them install all the new stuff I bought today from you with the sale and other parts I already have from you.

So this totally sucks having to spend that kind of money just to have something fixed in 20 minutes. The silver liningā€¦ā€¦.. Iā€™ll fly down to pick it up and then I can go see all my Friends still in Florida, visit my Daughter and get to actually spend some time driving it and putting some real miles (for me, anyway) and enjoy the car.
Iā€™ll reach out if needed but I think I have everyoneā€™s info I need from all of the most EXCELLENT Customer Service I received as soon as you found out about my issue.
Iā€™ll confirm as soon as I get it back if it isnā€™t fixed, which clearly is what I expect.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
In additon to sway bar endlinks the top strut nut could also be loose. If that nut is loose and you have camber plates it can cause the bearing to fail in the camber plate very quickly.

Sponsored

hockeydave55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 1969 Fiat 500F, 2023 MachE, 2013 Focus
Wondering if thereā€™s any updates. Iā€™ve now done the same upgrades and hearing a clunk over bumps too. Rear passenger side. Iā€™m taking the car into ford on Friday to get aligned and see if they can see anything.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Wondering if thereā€™s any updates. Iā€™ve now done the same upgrades and hearing a clunk over bumps too. Rear passenger side. Iā€™m taking the car into ford on Friday to get aligned and see if they can see anything.
My car is still at the shop. Finally the tech was able to find a spot where he can get it to make the noise each time, so I am actually a bit hopeful now that he will figure out what it is. I will certainly update everyone when I get it back, should be tomorrow, Friday at the latest.

hockeydave55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 1969 Fiat 500F, 2023 MachE, 2013 Focus
So after deciding not to wait until I took it to ford, I found that the sway bar end link was a little loose. Very stupid mistake on my part. What I think we did Is hit it with an impact to get it snug, and then forgot to tighten it correctly.

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
So after deciding not to wait until I took it to ford, I found that the sway bar end link was a little loose. Very stupid mistake on my part. What I think we did Is hit it with an impact to get it snug, and then forgot to tighten it correctly.
I am really hoping mine is something simple but the tech has checked the car out 3 times now trying to fix it. I gave him all the input from this post as well as the communications I had with Steeda. I am very hopeful I wonā€™t have to ship it to Florida so Steeda can figure it out. I donā€™t want to spend the time going from place to place letting other people try to fix it. Want to do it once only and thatā€™s already shot, so I wonā€™t waste more time. I could have already sent to Steeda and gotten back with the time Iā€™ve already(maybe) wasted. Itā€™s annoying.
Glad you got yours done!

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well, I just got back from Steeda Pompano and the "clunk"is no more, as others have posted"loose links" was the problem and while they were at it I had them fix the F'ed up X pipe installation as a bonus.
All in all it was worth the 5 hour 270 mile round trip to ride home without any annoying noises. Just the Mellow Bellow of the Coyote in Track Mode.
I can't say enough about the excellent customer service that Rodney and the folks at Steeda provided me ,the whole thing was done in less than 2 hours....

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Well, I just got back from Steeda Pompano and the "clunk"is no more, as others have posted"loose links" was the problem and while they were at it I had them fix the F'ed up X pipe installation as a bonus.
All in all it was worth the 5 hour 270 mile round trip to ride home without any annoying noises. Just the Mellow Bellow of the Coyote in Track Mode.
I can't say enough about the excellent customer service that Rodney and the folks at Steeda provided me ,the whole thing was done in less than 2 hours....
Glad itā€™s fixed properly. Not surprised, Steeda has been top notch in every dealing Iā€™ve had with them.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Did you check the axle thrust washer ?

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Steeda is fantastic. I wish I still lived in Florida. Very glad they were able to take care of you.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Steeda is fantastic. I wish I still lived in Florida. Very glad they were able to take care of you.
There really isn't any reason you should have to ship your car to Florida, just to fix a clunk or loose suspension component. Have you tried taking it to a different shop? If after 3 attempts your guy couldn't figure it out, why not try another local shop?

OP
OP

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
There really isn't any reason you should have to ship your car to Florida, just to fix a clunk or loose suspension component. Have you tried taking it to a different shop? If after 3 attempts your guy couldn't figure it out, why not try another local shop?
I really donā€™t trust anyone around here except the tech that is working on it. He is a good friend of mine and 30 years working on Fords. He is just stumped; has taken things apart and put them back together and now has microphones under the car in 8 places so he can amplify the sound to try and figure out what it is. If I do send to Steeda, Iā€™m fine with it because I want more things done to the car plus it will allow me to fly and pick it up and visit my daughter and all our friends from when we lived in Florida a couple of years ago. So I figure I can take it to someone else where there is no guarantee of getting it fixed, spend the time and money, or just spend a little more to know itā€™s 100% and do as I said above.
Sponsored