Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

Threads
Reaction score
Chazcron, could you do a render of a 50th anniversary model, maybe based off ques from past anniversary models?
Sponsored

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
One step at a time. With all the holiday activity, I only had time to tweak what I have done so far. Since the front view I am modeling from isn't completely a front view, (it is slightly from above, but the long lens does minimize lens distortion) I was worried that it wouldn't translate accurately to the 3 quarter view.

Here is the front view wireframe render overlaid with the original and my 'shop of what I imagine is under the tape.

I model only the left half and flip it when I want to see progress. It does have a mirror mode for modeling, but it works only half the time.

Then I simulated a long lens camera from a distance that approximates our spy in the trees. I rotated and raised the camera until the perspective was fairly well lined up. Not everything matches, and I can't for the life of me figure out why the bars in the grille, while lined up perfectly in the front shot are not angled as much as they are in the 3 quarter shot. Otherwise, I have manipulated the model from the 3 quarter view to match up better, especially in the lower fogs.

Transitioning to the wheel openings is going to be tough. Modeling the front splitter will not be, not sure why I haven't yet. Oh yeah, nitpicking fixes are swallowing my time.

pistolpete

Wow that is really amazing work chazcron.

I really like the way the grill is looking in the second picture. One question about the headlights. I noticed you went with a more teardrop/curvy shaped whereas the taped headlights in the spy shots have more straight cut lines like the Evos. Was this simply a design preference of yours?

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I'm just following the line. Working mostly off the front view. I am constantly adjusting, and as I get a closer look at the three-quarter view, I will make adjustments. Looks like it is a little straighter in the 3Q, will probably change it at some point.

J.Darcy

Very cool seeing it take shape in the animated gif. My favorite is still the one in your avatar. Look forward to seeing it get there! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

pistolpete

I'm just following the line. Working mostly off the front view. I am constantly adjusting, and as I get a closer look at the three-quarter view, I will make adjustments. Looks like it is a little straighter in the 3Q, will probably change it at some point.
Gotcha. Yea reminds me a little of the SN95 headlights like that. With all the sharp lines found in the grill and the rest of the front end, it looks like it's following the Evos razor-cut look. I don't mind it, as long as they open it up like the spy shots are showing.

BlueVenom

Thank you for doing this chaz, on a holiday of all days. Your dedication and passion is impressive.

I agree with J. Darcy, I hope it ends up like your avatar!

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Thought I'd update my side view what with all the new spy pix:

Sponsored

Icy

If i remember correctly the clinic group that saw the S550 said the side view looks very similar to the S197 so I would expect some kind of hockey stick element to be added. I know it's a guess at this point. Im not sure if they talked about roof line but I do like the way you have it drawn out here.

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
Love it! Great work.

WRC

JCDesing has inspired me to put the Ecosport headlights on my render. Really turns up the awesome. I think I will model these in.

attachment.jpg
Can I just say this is one cool thread. Never seen anything like this before... thanks for sharing the process.

And that one is drool-worthy.