Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I think the Challenger looks great. The issue I have with it is it being a land yacht.
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I would love to own a Scat Pack but it's $10k more than a Mustang GT. Even the R/T is a couple thousand more than a GT.
I paid the same for my '14 GT and '16 Scat Pack ($38K after dealer discounts and rebates). SP's aren't $10K more than a GT.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Also that 392 is no joke. Torque everywhere and sounds amazing stock. If you just want a bruiser and not a canyon carver the Challenger is for you.
Amen.

My '14 Mustang GT has the standard suspension and brakes (non Track Pack & no Brembo Pkg). My '16 Scat Pack actually handles & stops as well - or slightly better - than my GT. The Scat Pack has Bilstein shocks and Brembo brakes at all 4 corners. Despite weighing 500 lbs more than my GT, my SP is quite fun through the corners.

While looks are subjected, I think the Challenger looks awesome. I think my Mustang looks awesome, too.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Challenger is in desperate need of a redesign. It's ollllddd now. Isn't a new one coming?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Challenger is in desperate need of a redesign. It's ollllddd now. Isn't a new one coming?
Not sure about that considering sales are way up for 16. Don't forget Ford sold the Fox body Mustang from 78 to 94 with nothing more than the front end refresh.

If you follow the rumer mill the Challenger redesign will resurrect the Barracuda name plate and this car will be built off an Alpha platform knocking the weight down into the 3400 to 3500 lb range. There is supposed to be a twin turbo v6 engine option too.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I paid the same for my '14 GT and '16 Scat Pack ($38K after dealer discounts and rebates). SP's aren't $10K more than a GT.
I paid $27,400 for my 2016 Mustang GT, brand new. The lowest I believe I could get a Scat Pack is $37k

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I paid $27,400 for my 2016 Mustang GT, brand new. The lowest I believe I could get a Scat Pack is $37k
The Mustang must have been a base no option model then. I've seen new Scat's go for mid to low $30's. But all things being equal the Scat offers more in a base model.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
If I wanted a boat, I would have bought a real, legit, boat, not a Challenger. Don't even know why it's called a Challenger. Not much of a challenge. :p

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Mustang must have been a base no option model then. I've seen new Scat's go for mid to low $30's. But all things being equal the Scat offers more in a base model.
You are right. I just took a look and the prices of the Scat Pack have dropped in the past 4 months. You do find a couple advertised in the $35k range so $33k is doable. Even though, I wouldn't say the Scat base model offers more than the Mustang base model. The interiors have very different layouts but in the base model, neither has any glaring ergonomic sore spots. Features such as backup camera, HID lights which are standard in the base Mustang are not standard in the Scat pack. Leather seats, touch screen are options as well.

OP
OP

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
My experience was once you got away from basic Scat the MSRP jumps to 47k and closes in on 50k with an optioned Scat with Shaker. All depends on what you want.

Sponsored

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I test drove a 15 scat pack a couple weeks ago and would have traded for it had the dealer not tried to bend me over on the trade value of my gt. The interior was nicer IMO and no rattles or creaks like in the mustang. The 6.4l feels and sounds better than the coyote as well.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Looking old was the point of the challenger, which was slightly larger than a mustang back in the 70's. Where they went wrong was making it much larger than a mustang due to sharing the chargers chassis, IIRC.
I gotta say, it does look nice though, as many dodge products do.
My wife would love one...

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Having owned both I can tell you they are very different cars & driving experiences.

The Chally is a big girl & she drives big but it's also roomier & easier to get in & out of especially if you are a bigger guy or have knee issues. The rear seats are actually usable by real humans! Tons of little quirkier differences (no auto up windows or line lock) & I preferred Sync 3 to the Uconnect. LOVE the adjustable suspension (on the 392's & Hellcat's only). Comfortable for daily cruising but firm when you want to go hooning. Seats are WAY better/nicer in the Chally and the side bolsters are not wearing/scuffing on my Hellcat like they did within a few hundred miles on the 'stang.

The 'stang is smaller & more agile but the Chally is no slouch, I seriously doubt the vast majority of drivers will ever push either car to it's limits (except the exceptionally talented or stupid & the latter will likely crash either eventually).

As for the power, the 5.7L is a dog IMO, the 6.4L coupled with the 8 speed trans makes it as fast as a GT 'stang even tho it's heavier. The Hellcat is crazy fast, definitely faster than the GT I had with the Roush Stage 1 blower.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Everything I had been seeing (commercials and advertisements) seems to imply you can get a Challenger or Charger for about 20% off MSRP. That's insane! Granted, I assume that's probably for leftover inventory but still. Quite a deal.

I thought I saw something similar for the Camaro and Vette as well but can't recall.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Saw a commercial advertising leasing on the Hellcats for $707 per month.

Also for 17 there is a Challenger GT with AWD, not clear what engines are available with the AWD option
Sponsored