Sponsored

Car got hit today while sitting at a red light

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
One thing about all these wrecks is how insanely expensive even the smallest damage is these days.
For sure, and the older the car gets and it's value decreases, the easier it is to have them come in as a total loss due to a minor accident.
Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
One thing about all these wrecks is how insanely expensive even the smallest damage is these days.
I don't understand how some bumper damage can end up being $6000 in damage (this is in reference to a few posts above). I had the entire driver's side of my 350z damaged while at a track day, and it was $6000 to repair. I'll try to remember to post a photo when I am at home. Seems like the OP's damage should be less than $4000. Clearly I'm old and living in the past, but it's still surprising how quickly the cost of even a small accident adds up.

-T
Agreed. I know I'm not an expert in this but I thought the same thing when I first read how much it could possibly cost.

Ron01864

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT Premium. 2013 GT Premium
Im am going thru the same thing as we speak. I have filed a Diminished Value claim of just over 13,000.The insurance company got back to me and they want to inspect the car once it is finished at the body shop. ( Still in shop, one month now, just over 12,000 in damage so far.). I know they will balk at the 13,000. I called my lawyer and he said i definitely have a claim in tort law. He will handle things if i get no where with the insurance co.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I don't understand how some bumper damage can end up being $6000 in damage (this is in reference to a few posts above). I had the entire driver's side of my 350z damaged while at a track day, and it was $6000 to repair. I'll try to remember to post a photo when I am at home. Seems like the OP's damage should be less than $4000. Clearly I'm old and living in the past, but it's still surprising how quickly the cost of even a small accident adds up.
-T
I think its because in order to protect the passenger compartment they make the front and rear ends so they absorb more of the crash energy which means they'll damage easier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
15DIBGT

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
Just a couple of progress pics.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Ugh that sucks ..hope they fix it perfectly for you

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Hurts to see new car being cut up like that.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wow! That's major surgery. Hope they make it right!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Just a couple of progress pics.
Those pics are what is hard to look at. Hang in there, will all be in the history books soon. That will not change how she drives, and with good repair you will not know the difference. Pursue dimimished value, then drive and enjoy. Hardest part for me would be going a month without the car, was on a business trip for two weeks and man it feels good to be behind the wheel again! :)

Sponsored

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Some body shops can work miracles. Wait to see how things come out before entertaining thoughts of trading her in. I can only imagine what you are feeling, but I have been in accidents before and have had repairs made to my complete satisfaction. It's all part of the charmed life of a daily driver. Wishing you the best, naturally, and thanks for sharing your story and pix with us. You've got a ton of support from this community, for sure.

azarx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
Damn that sucks I feel your pain. I had my car for 3 days go eat lunch with my sister and come out to headlight busted in! It had to be a truck. Luckily they hit it on the lens square on and broke the bracket took to an awesome collision center that a friend manages and paid 86 bucks to repair it with the help of some liquid cement.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Ahh, tough to see those picks. I posted earlier about my Z getting in a wreck @ Laguna Seca and forgot to update with a photo. I've attached what the car looked like at the time (it probably had less than 25,000 miles on it at that point, which is practically brand new for me - it now has 192,000 and has been an awesome car. Not sure I'll be able to get rid of it when my GT350 arrives).

So, hopefully you've found a good shop, who will get the car fixed up right. In my case, the car was as good as new and been fantastic ever since.

-T
DSCN0803_small.jpg
DSCN0811_small.jpg

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Glad to see you're okay......couldve been a lot worse had she hit you further up. I definitely get where you're coming from with it not being the same. Last year in my 14GT I was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of me buy a guy texting and driving. My car ended up needing about $16,000 worth of repairs. I wanted them to total it so bad and was really upset when they didn't thinking it would never be the same. Luckily I had it taken to a quality repair shop who kept it stored indoors 24/7 (winter time) and did a great job including a full respray that was near perfect, added roush grilles/california special fogs, and did a few more things for me. When I got the car back it took a little, but I forgot about the accident and went on with life lol....Car drove straight as an arrow, and looked better than before. I was however worried about the drop in value (long term since I get bored with cars quickly) and didn't have the track pkg so when I had the chance to get out of it for a 15 PP it was a no brainer.

///Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP Premium
I totally feel for the OP. 27 hours after I picked up my '16 GT last month, I got hit in the exact same spot. The damage on the rear quarter panel was definitely not as bad, but it was definitely bent and their was some damage to the rear driver side wheel. I took it to a very good and reputable shop in my city and they estimated $1350 to repaint the quarter panel with ceiling trim, remanufactured rim, and an alignment (definitely needed). Although I had some chipping on rear quarter panel, it's at angles that you don't normally see. The shop owner recommended that I paintless dent repair (PDR) instead of a whole repaint because he said that a repaint will never look like factory. The metallic specs might not be as uniform as factory and the paint thickness won't be consistent---it could be 4mm here, 11mm there, etc. I was really bummed because the car had less than 60 miles on it, so I can totally relate.

I ended up going the PDR route first with a repaint as plan B. The owner didn't charge me for the PDR because he said it didn't come out perfect, but no one would notice anything unless you inspect it at certain angles with the right light. I also ended up just buffing the wheel since I'm going to slap winter tires on my PP 19s anyway. He didn't charge me for that either, since he said it wasn't 100%.

The wife felt so bad about the whole situation that she said I could get my exhaust 1 year earlier than planned. I got the Magnaflow comps catback with quad exhaust on it now. I don't think about the damage anymore :-)

Good luck with repair and just enjoy when she's fixed up!
20151109_183346.jpg
Sponsored