Sponsored

Buyer's Remorse..?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Thinking I might just go take the hit, and go with a used 335i.
Really? Why don't you go to the dealer and look into trading it in for a GT or EB?

The 335i isn't even the same class of vehicle...coupe to sedan?

I'm just kinda confused here....
Sponsored

jgrgnt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
435i GC
Thinking I might just go take the hit, and go with a used 335i.
Before my Mustang GT, I had a 335i and then an E39 M5 (the one with the V8).

In terms of what "felt" fastest (ignoring actual numbers, just seat-of-the-pants feel) in normal, everyday SoCal commuting, I would rate them as:

1. 335i
2. Mustang
3. M5

In situations that warranted sportier, high-rpm driving, it was Mustang, M5, then 335i. In short, for me the turbos are awesome for the left side of the tach, and the V8s rule the right side. :)

Before you give up on the Mustang platform, I highly recommend you drive both the Ecoboost and the GT. I believe you will find what you are looking for in the turbo 4, based on my interpretation of your posts. I briefly drove an automatic Ecoboost at the LA auto show and came away very impressed. As for the GT, it won't feel as fast at low rpms, but wind it out and, man, you will be speechless and will quickly find that grin you've been seeking.

If you decide to go with a used 335i, I couldn't fault you. Try to get a newer model and avoid the N54 engine if possible.

Good luck!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Before my Mustang GT, I had a 335i and then an E39 M5 (the one with the V8).

In terms of what "felt" fastest (ignoring actual numbers, just seat-of-the-pants feel) in normal, everyday SoCal commuting, I would rate them as:

1. 335i
2. Mustang
3. M5

In situations that warranted sportier, high-rpm driving, it was Mustang, M5, then 335i. In short, for me the turbos are awesome for the left side of the tach, and the V8s rule the right side. :)

Before you give up on the Mustang platform, I highly recommend you drive both the Ecoboost and the GT. I believe you will find what you are looking for in the turbo 4, based on my interpretation of your posts. I briefly drove an automatic Ecoboost at the LA auto show and came away very impressed. As for the GT, it won't feel as fast at low rpms, but wind it out and, man, you will be speechless and will quickly find that grin you've been seeking.

If you decide to go with a used 335i, I couldn't fault you. Try to get a newer model and avoid the N54 engine if possible.

Good luck!
Also with the new design of the Mustang, the car definitely is so refined that it doesn't feel as fast, and since it is also larger then the 335i, you definitely have a different style of car. Smaller cars are just going to feel more nimble and sporty..and like you said, the GT is really going to make you feel it when you are at the higher speeds, though many already have said it's still an amazing DD.

I would STRONGLY suggest going to the dealer and see if you can drive an EB with the PP and then on top of that, talk to some people here who got the COBB tune...they said it was a night and day difference in the EB when the tune was applied.

Sponsored

ssantos0011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB
I'm going based on my own experience, I got the EcoBoost and had buyers remorse right away, it was definitely the could've had a v8 type of remorse, I mean the car was fun and all but coming out of a rs4 I just couldn't do without the v8 sound and power. well I ended up taking the the 4-5k hit and trade for the GT and I'm gonna tell you to me it was worth it, I mean it was a dumb desicion due to the fact that I could have gotten the performance package for what I'm paying but at the end of the day life is too short to drive a car you don't like.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm going based on my own experience, I got the EcoBoost and had buyers remorse right away, it was definitely the could've had a v8 type of remorse, I mean the car was fun and all but coming out of a rs4 I just couldn't do without the v8 sound and power. well I ended up taking the the 4-5k hit and trade for the GT and I'm gonna tell you to me it was worth it, I mean it was a dumb desicion due to the fact that I could have gotten the performance package for what I'm paying but at the end of the day life is too short to drive a car you don't like.
So just to confirm, you traded your EB in and got the GT?

Pokergeneg

POKERGENE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO
I'm not a stupid man but I don't understand this post at all--at all; my GT
Premium Auto CO 401A 50 yr pk 3.55 NAV is the only car I've ever owned
where I find myself going the long way just to have more driving time. "I
may date a Plain Jane but I will never drive one".

Sponsored

Matador91

Benchmark Auto Salon
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I'm pretty pleased with my v6. I will admit it's weird driving a mustang without a v8 but it still rips pretty good. All stock manual with 3.15 I'm hitting 0-60 in 5.9 and just ordered a set of steeda springs and swaybars to help with the soft suspension. Do a couple of mods and see how you like it.

snkmug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Orange
no one is bashing any model here, the main topic here was to drive the 5.0 over the v-6 before he goes out and trades for a BMW...

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
no one is bashing any model here, the main topic here was to drive the 5.0 over the v-6 before he goes out and trades for a BMW...
Well if he bought the v-6 for financial reasons then nothing to really say there. If he could of afforded the gt, I would of bought the gt mustang. I mean that's half the experience in owning the mustang to begin with. If he isn't going to buy a gt mustang/trade many other cars with v6 or turbo motors that do a better job.
Sponsored