Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What do you guys think the odds are that they'll add back the hood vent turn signals for the Bullitt? I know the standard 2018s don't get them, and Ford was criticized by some of the media for the 2016's inability to see the passenger side one while driving...BUT, if they're going for all the retro cues and the 2018 has a lowered hood, I really hope they add these back in for the Bullitts. If not, it's probably the thing I'll miss most about my 2016 if I trade up. If nothing else, hopefully someone makes an aftermarket kit for the 18s to add these in.
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I think it's a low probability for hood turn signals, based on the shape of the vents. Assuming you can see both of them, which it seems to be the case, I think it would be fun to have them.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I know history won't agree but do you think this Bullitt would be a replacement for California Spacial? Then Ford could release a more serious model under FP umbrella?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
According to the Ford Performance website they built 6624 08/09 Bullits in total. So it's not exactly super rare and even if some dealers might do initial markups chances are you'll be able to find one that doesn't a lot more easy than on the GT350.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
So... what happened to the poor chap who's job was to either to hide the valuable preproduction concepts or the video producer who didn't blur it out?

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
bullitts are not svt cars are they? ie. non svt dealers can sell them?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Bullitts weren't SVT cars, any dealer can handle them.

Bob S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Package
I have a question for previous owners of Bullitt Mustangs. Could you custom order a Bullitt Mustang and add options ? I was under the impression Ford did a run of a thousand or so Bullitt Mustangs and shipped them to dealers who wanted to sell one. As I understood it, the only option offered was the color of black.
I owned a 2009 Bullitt, and I special ordered it from my local Ford dealer. Mine was Highland Green, with 3 options: navigation, HID headlamps, and the GT security package (alarm and wheel locks). There was also an optional upgraded Shaker audio system available, but you couldn't get that in conjunction with the navigation system. That was it as far as options were concerned.

I found that the car got a lot of attention from folks that saw it on the street. I was always surprised at how many people came up to me and asked, "Is that a Bullitt?" I really loved that car, but when the Shelby GT350 came out, I just couldn't resist.
DSC00067_16x9.JPG

Last edited:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
What do you guys think the odds are that they'll add back the hood vent turn signals for the Bullitt? I know the standard 2018s don't get them, and Ford was criticized by some of the media for the 2016's inability to see the passenger side one while driving...BUT, if they're going for all the retro cues and the 2018 has a lowered hood, I really hope they add these back in for the Bullitts. If not, it's probably the thing I'll miss most about my 2016 if I trade up. If nothing else, hopefully someone makes an aftermarket kit for the 18s to add these in.
yea, one of my most fav things about the car, and a BIG reason I went LHD as I really wanted them

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
I think it's a low probability for hood turn signals, based on the shape of the vents. Assuming you can see both of them, which it seems to be the case, I think it would be fun to have them.
otherwise there will be an an aftermarket option (raxiom?)...

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
It's all about the historical timeline. 1968 was Bullitt. Mach 1 came in 1969. It only makes sense for a Mach 1 to be a 2019 and 2020 model year car.
It's a silly edition, there is no history there with Ford to pull from. But people just eat it up anyways. There was no "1968 Mustang Bullitt". It's as if Ford were to come out with an "Eleanor" edition to mimic the Gone In 60 Seconds mustang, a "John Wick" edition mustang, or an "Anvil" edition to honor the Fast and Furious mustang. It's no different than a Transformer edition camaro.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
It's a silly edition, there is no history there with Ford to pull from. But people just eat it up anyways. There was no "1968 Mustang Bullitt". It's as if Ford were to come out with an "Eleanor" edition to mimic the Gone In 60 Seconds mustang, a "John Wick" edition mustang, or an "Anvil" edition to honor the Fast and Furious mustang. It's no different than a Transformer edition camaro.
No history. It literally is one of the best car chase scenes ever. I still think about getting my 68fb back from my friend.

That movie has elevated those car way past their peers. I love driving on Woodward on a sunny day when Guard reallty pops with Black Chargers. They know it's cool too. I see where your coming from, but Bullitt is so different.

Ford is obviously keen on it.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
No history. It literally is one of the best car chase scenes ever. I still think about getting my 68fb back from my friend.

That movie has elevated those car way past their peers. I love driving on Woodward on a sunny day when Guard reallty pops with Black Chargers. They know it's cool too. I see where your coming from, but Bullitt is so different.

Ford is obviously keen on it.
its why I fell in love with the Stang
Its iconic and has been rated number 2 behind the DB5 in all time famous cars

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
its why I fell in love with the Stang
Its iconic and has been rated number 2 behind the DB5 in all time famous cars
Same here. Bullitt is what made me love Mustangs as a kid.
Sponsored