Sponsored

Bullitt S550 Mustang Leaked in Video?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
"Ford 1968 390 fastback model driven by Steve McQueen in the 1968 movie Bullitt"
+ 50 years anniversay = 2018 Bullitt edition coming.

I'm still betting a 2018 GT500 will be announced soon too for its 50th annivesary:
"In 1968, Ford offered a special edition of the Shelby Mustang, called the GT500KR, which stood for King of the Road. "

Just like the GT350 was made for 50th anniversary.. in matching limited #'s, etc.

And just like the Ford GT is being made for its 50th anniversary.

Ford is on a historical kick, doing all of the 50th anniversary special cars.
Sponsored

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's a good question as to whether The Rock's video was an intentional reveal. What better way to get tongues wagging about a 95% certain new model.......and Ford don't have to confirm a thing. Note how Ford haven't bothered to deny the rumours.....

Also.....is it just me or is the connection of "The Rock" just too neat? I mean, a man called The Rock, who shares his name with a famous prison known as "The Rock", just happens to leak a car that is as synonymous with San Francisco as Alcatraz is!!!!!

Same goes for Mr Diesel and the leak of the Dodge Challenger Demon in one of his Fate of the Furious videos. Again, I've not seen Dodge deny anything......
Given the level of legal signoffs required to get a video like this out, I can't imagine ANYTHING in it isn't intentional. And it has the internet abuzz.

They have no reason to even bother denying anything, because why not take the extra buzz rather then put a kibosh on it? People have short attention spans these days, if you can get them talking about something, let them talk.

It's not like Ford announced anything by those images being in there Countless design drawings never see production, so the fact that they're there doesn't necessarily mean anything. Us crazy Mustang people hope it does, but it could have just all been to get us all hyped up.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"Ford 1968 390 fastback model driven by Steve McQueen in the 1968 movie Bullitt"
+ 50 years anniversay = 2018 Bullitt edition coming.

I'm still betting a 2018 GT500 will be announced soon too for its 50th annivesary:
"In 1968, Ford offered a special edition of the Shelby Mustang, called the GT500KR, which stood for King of the Road. "

Just like the GT350 was made for 50th anniversary.. in matching limited #'s, etc.

And just like the Ford GT is being made for its 50th anniversary.

Ford is on a historical kick, doing all of the 50th anniversary special cars.
Why not? You only turn 50 once...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

'18MY would be too late, unless they really do badge it GT500 KR........as the original GT500 was a '67 model.

:)

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh, and Eleanor was a '71 Sportsroof dressed up as a '73MY :p

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Unfortunately you're correct. "I'm going to build a 67/68 Mustang!" "Nice!" "Yep, got the Eleanor body kit already picked out.." ".....:doh:"
Eleanor was a 1971 restyled to 1973 school bus yellow Mach 1!:frusty:

sknapp302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 C5 Z06
Ford, please give us a new Eleanor SE with a V8 Ecobeast engine and a go-baby-go button. My life would then be complete.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Bingo.

"Ooops..oh dear how did that happen ;)"

Everything in that is staged, scrubbed, perfect angles and planned movements.
Exactly.

There was a Rogue 1 behind the scenes that someone caught a shot of Vader in the tank but it was so far back, that I don't think they intentionally put that one in there...

But the Ford stuff is so obvious...they want talk on social media/car sites about it.

My guess is it's revealed at an upcoming auto show sometime in March/April before the order guides open.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Exactly.

There was a Rogue 1 behind the scenes that someone caught a shot of Vader in the tank but it was so far back, that I don't think they intentionally put that one in there...

But the Ford stuff is so obvious...they want talk on social media/car sites about it.

My guess is it's revealed at an upcoming auto show sometime in March/April before the order guides open.
They even commented that it's name was Mannequin Skywalker :lol:

Yeah I think the Vader model was a slip, since it was only in one part, for about 2 seconds and was a bit far back. I sometimes think Disney underestimates the absolute dogged determination that Star Wars fans have to uncover things.

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
I do like the idea of an Eleanor edition tho. That has to be the best looking mustang to grace the silver screen. That, and the poor white Anvil mustang crushed by a tank in the Fast and the Furious series

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The Internet abuzz?? You mean like 10 people on one message board Lol

I do like the idea of an Eleanor edition tho. That has to be the best looking mustang to grace the silver screen. That, and the poor white Anvil mustang crushed by a tank in the Fast and the Furious series
Considering it's been picked up by nearly every automotive blog/news site, I'd say the automotive sector of the internet is abuzz, at least.

And IMO everything that makes the Bullitt THE coolest, makes Eleanor the absolute worst...

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I Think the only thing I don't like about the bullitt is the chrome trim.
On the 08, the only thing that is actually "chrome" is the outside bezel of the wheel center caps. Everything else (grille surround, rear faux gascap, interior vents, etc.) is a very nice looking "satin" finish.

It looks like this 2018 (at least from what we can see in those design drawings, though, might have some kind of metallic trim around the windows and maybe taillight trim, similar to the 2015 50th Anniversary Model. No telling what will actually make production, though..

102251?$enlarged810x608$.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: