Built Blocks -

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
wsfrazier - I agree with you. But if you are going to the trouble of buying a built block, why not hedge the positives as much as possible? The minor cost will save regret later. (I regret not sleeving because I limited potential horsepower later)
Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Did a rod let go and help push a crack through the block?

Out of curiosity, what kind of 60's were you getting to run an 11.60? I am cutting 1.6x usually, and still can't do better than 12.0@112. Seems like Adam is sand bagging my tune to keep the motor in one piece.

EDIT: Nevermind I see you were on the vargas, I am still on stock turbo.

It's a risk I realize I am taking, however I wasn't willing to go full out sleeved block for a daily driver. I would get a dedicated track car if I wanted to go that in depth. I only got the motor cause of the nice discount I got. My factory motor is 100% fine, and it will sit in storage as my backup in case something happens. Esslinger didn't need a core in my case.
This car went 1.6000 on the stock turbo, stock motor combo and went 1.602 on the built motor Vargas. My 60' has always been pretty consistent.

Be happy that your tune is sand-bagged, or you'd be buying your 3rd motor. Ask me how I know.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
This car went 1.6000 on the stock turbo, stock motor combo and went 1.602 on the built motor Vargas. My 60' has always been pretty consistent.

Be happy that your tune is sand-bagged, or you'd be buying your 3rd motor. Ask me how I know.
Tune + motor blew right ,and did he back the warenty?

I fallow you on u tube mate how did the welding the head and deck go?

Nice to here from you sir..:headbang:
No longer carrying his name ..

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Judging by his comments in his build thread, sounds like Adam/Tune+ isn't taking care of him or helping out, even though it was his motor and tuning.

Sucks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
MiDiablo
So what is your take on the whole thing. Are you staying with the eco platform or are you getting something else?