Sponsored

Broken down

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
so how much for your complete solution to convert to oil-air inc all piping/adaptors/mounting plates etc :)
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
so how much for your complete solution to convert to oil-air inc all piping/adaptors/mounting plates etc :)
I'd also like to know if the change of oil cooler has any impact on oil pressure at all?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'd also like to know if the change of oil cooler has any impact on oil pressure at all?
Wouldn't have thought it would but additional piping and / or larger cooler may require more oil :)

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
CEO, Chairman and MD, Ford of Britain
Nice contact to have, although not been online for 3 months.

Has anyone installed the FORD MUSTANG GT OIL COOLER KIT, 2015+ by Mishimoto?
I was wondering if its worth the replacement.
Apparently it's a ball ache to fit, I did message Mishimoto but they never replied.

Reactions: JWR

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Sponsored

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Page not found, also not on Facebook.

Lets hope it doesn't get to that, still waiting to hear back from Ford.
Ah; page not found because you are not Facebook. Don't blame you :) but if it comes to it, it might be worth it.

FWIW I would avoid getting into an argument with them about the warranty. They can probably point to a clause in the sales contract that says if you've modified anything they have the right to void the warranty. This is nothing to do with your warranty but on your rights as a consumer when something doesn't last as long as your reasonable expectations.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
its not that bad but much easier to do with bumper off and car in the air

cheers

Jason :D
That's what I heard when I enquired about it a few months ago.

guy@Nemesis is/was supposed to be developing a cooler too but not heard anything since he mentioned it.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
[MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] what about a sandwich plate too for relocation of oil filter and addition of a static oil temp gauge

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
[MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] what about a sandwich plate too for relocation of oil filter and addition of a static oil temp gauge
the kit includes a sandwich plate , the oil filter still fits on that OK although it is a little tight

the sandwich plate does offer a facility / take off point for an oil temp gauge if you wanted to add one

cheers

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'm thinking more of something like this coupled with a blanking + hose connectors in factory locations
ms6CNIqVY0HMzuXK66UzTZA.jpg

That way you could move the oil filter away from its factory shitty location to somewhere more easily accessible and put the cooler inline + tap the blanking plate for a temp sensor

hope that makes sense to you

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
they also do this https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6880-M501 and we have these in stock but haven't had time to establish exactly where this could fit in the UK setup

next car we have in we will have a further look at and see what could be used , the set up in Bens does the job so that's the main point

we will now remanufacture all the parts in quantity to help keep the costs in check as best as possible

Ben has been at a track day today and to the best of my knowledge has performed well and no problems with the new cooler install

cheers

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
Just to say, I took my car on the track today with the new Mishimoto cooler fitted... pushed it really hard with some good long sessions... oil temps and pressures all fine and as expected. V happy with how it's turned out and pleased not to have the OEM one on there any more.

To be fair, the Mishimoto kit with JWR's extra kit is a really good upgrade regardless of these OEM failures. Much better to have this radiator/thermostat based setup than the original coolant based one.

Thanks JWR for the work you put in on this :-)

Reactions: JWR

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they also do this https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6880-M501 and we have these in stock but haven't had time to establish exactly where this could fit in the UK setup

next car we have in we will have a further look at and see what could be used , the set up in Bens does the job so that's the main point

we will now remanufacture all the parts in quantity to help keep the costs in check as best as possible

Ben has been at a track day today and to the best of my knowledge has performed well and no problems with the new cooler install

cheers

looks like thats to convert the standard OF to a different high flow OF setup just a fitment converter if you like.

I'd be interested if you come up with a proper remote filter + cooler setup pretty sure you can do it mostly just using off the shelf parts and a few custom brackets (probably even get away with an off the shelf cooler rather than an expensive mishi one)
Sponsored