Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
looks like thats to convert the standard OF to a different high flow OF setup just a fitment converter if you like.

I'd be interested if you come up with a proper remote filter + cooler setup pretty sure you can do it mostly just using off the shelf parts and a few custom brackets (probably even get away with an off the shelf cooler rather than an expensive mishi one)
this is likely to be something we would look into if a) a customer specifically requests it and we can have their car to play with setups on and see what works best or b) we have a car in for long enough to look at this while doing other extensive work

at present the Mishimoto kit with our extra parts covers what most people will be looking for other than the tight space you have for swapping oil filters

cheers

Jason :D
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
this is likely to be something we would look into if a) a customer specifically requests it and we can have their car to play with setups on and see what works best or b) we have a car in for long enough to look at this while doing other extensive work

at present the Mishimoto kit with our extra parts covers what most people will be looking for other than the tight space you have for swapping oil filters

cheers

Jason :D
while i would love to leave the car with you its my daily and i'm a good few hours away from you :( I've done something similar on my track car so I would assume there's no black magic going on with this yank tank and the principals are the same just getting the parts are an issue. may have a play myself see what I can come up with.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford haven't even touched my car yet, after complaining that I wasn't happy leaving my car covered in oil, they asked me to email my photos to forward onto the manager.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
while i would love to leave the car with you its my daily and i'm a good few hours away from you :( I've done something similar on my track car so I would assume there's no black magic going on with this yank tank and the principals are the same just getting the parts are an issue. may have a play myself see what I can come up with.
of course , we will be seeing many more cars in the future so an opportunity will arise to have a look and see what other options are open for sure :thumbsup:

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Oil Cooler failure

Sorry to hear about your oil cooler failure. I changed mine to a MMR oil cooler kit – This deletes the oil to water cooler that is prone to failure on the RHD cars and replaces it with an air to oil cooler for more efficient cooling.
Mike at Modurstang carried out the work and I am very happy with the results and just had it on a rolling road/dyno at John Sleath Racing at Conisborough Doncaster. Great results for my stage FR/Roush at the flywheel 661.8bhp. Planning stage 2 at 720bhp. Getting Pedders Extreme from GT101 fitted next week. He is also looking to construct a strut brace to fit over my supercharger from Aircraft alloy material. Will be at the Annual Mustang show on Sunday 20/08/17 at Rockingham Castle nr Corby LE16 8TH from 10.30 if anyone wants to look around my car,:cheers::thumbsup:

Sponsored

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
Sorry to hear about your oil cooler failure. I changed mine to a MMR oil cooler kit – This deletes the oil to water cooler that is prone to failure on the RHD cars and replaces it with an air to oil cooler for more efficient cooling.
Mike at Modurstang carried out the work and I am very happy with the results and just had it on a rolling road/dyno at John Sleath Racing at Conisborough Doncaster. Great results for my stage FR/Roush at the flywheel 661.8bhp. Planning stage 2 at 720bhp. Getting Pedders Extreme from GT101 fitted next week. He is also looking to construct a strut brace to fit over my supercharger from Aircraft alloy material. Will be at the Annual Mustang show on Sunday 20/08/17 at Rockingham Castle nr Corby LE16 8TH from 10.30 if anyone wants to look around my car,:cheers::thumbsup:

I looked briefly into the MMR oil cooler too but Mike told me it's a lengthy 8 hour install job...

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
I looked briefly into the MMR oil cooler too but Mike told me it's a lengthy 8 hour install job...
Yes Mike was pulling his hair out with MMR and ordering stuff from the USA. As my car was down with him for 2 weeks he did the Steeda adjustable engine mounts – to lower the centre of gravity of the car and let the supercharger fit the engine bay more comfortably.
Uprated oil pump gears – to eliminate the weakness in the coyotes’ oil system.
Uprated crank shaft timing gear – eliminating another weak link in the 5.0 coyote. Also fitting the famous Kooks Headers headache.
He is such a great guy and I trusted him and his work.:hail:

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
I'm thinking that the the Mishimoto set-up does not have an oil stat. This will slow the time to get our oil temperature up to where it normally is, putting some strain on other parts of our engines.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
I'm thinking that the the Mishimoto set-up does not have an oil stat. This will slow the time to get our oil temperature up to where it normally is, putting some strain on other parts of our engines.
The Mishimoto kit is thermostatically controlled :)

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Having had this myself (and not without it's problems) he has sourced a UK supplier for the troublesome bit of it so I think it might get easier now for anyone else who wants one.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So the Mishimoto oil cooler is a viable option now ?

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of ticking time bombs on the '15.This and the evaporator core :tsk:
Would be horrendous after waranty.ÂŁÂŁÂŁ
I can't see Ford recalling any cars.Hopefully the '18 will have these problems sorted.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I'm not effected but if I was, and i'd had the issue, i'd be demanding they went this route through JWR, or other reputable non ford workshops to have the work amended at ford's cost.

I personally don't think putting a new cooler in and praying will ever fix it it'll always be a ticking time bomb, unless they've made a new one bullet proof :lol: (Which lets face it, it took for a year to fix the fucking puddle lamps, it's the same shit)
But its not just the S550

It took over 4 years to sort out the Air bag recall on the S197 :frusty:

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had the replacement oil cooler fail yet ?
Sponsored