Sponsored

BOV question

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
you cannot recirculate back in on a blow through system, you have to vent it off,

you can add a filter to the end or something to help with sound as well
So I can recirculated it back into the intake same as the turbo cars? Then if use the QR but without recirculating it is it gonna be quiter?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
these systems are blow through systems,

if you recirculate it back, you then need to move your maf to the intake tube, and recirculate back after the maf

not something you really want to do

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
these systems are blow through systems,

if you recirculate it back, you then need to move your maf to the intake tube, and recirculate back after the maf

not something you really want to do
What about recirculating it to the blower inlet?

Pincushin3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Paxton GT
What about recirculating it to the blower inlet?
Like beefcake said you don't have to recirculated back into your system, if you have the loud Q then the same size Qr is swap & go since you have a welded flange already. The housing is totally different is not completely quiet when it blows off but quiter than the Q. I had the loud Q on my car Novi1500 loud during driving & during blow off my buddy older guy & the same car same Novi1500 but with the Qr & it was a lot different than mine. During driving I couldn't hear his, I could hear mine hissing air, during his blow off it sounded like a rattle snake, mine sounded like a shotgun. I hope this helps, it's the best explanation I can give you. Oh his was not recirculated back in to his systems, I was just explaining why it was called that in my earlier post.

PS there are other brands of BOV that I'm sure will do a better job for what your looking for but these are the only ones I have experience with & from my understanding one of the best companys also.

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Like beefcake said you don't have to recirculated back into your system, if you have the loud Q then the same size Qr is swap & go since you have a welded flange already. The housing is totally different is not completely quiet when it blows off but quiter than the Q. I had the loud Q on my car Novi1500 loud during driving & during blow off my buddy older guy & the same car same Novi1500 but with the Qr & it was a lot different than mine. During driving I couldn't hear his, I could hear mine hissing air, during his blow off it sounded like a rattle snake, mine sounded like a shotgun. I hope this helps, it's the best explanation I can give you. Oh his was not recirculated back in to his systems, I was just explaining why it was called that in my earlier post.

PS there are other brands of BOV that I'm sure will do a better job for what your looking for but these are the only ones I have experience with & from my understanding one of the best companys also.
Thank you so much appreciate your help.

Sponsored

Yellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there any high pitch sound coming from the Tial QR? I've had the vortech maxflow and I don't like it at all because of the high pitch sound.