Sponsored

Borla and Stainless Works Fitment

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A
Greetings,

Got my GT PP on Oct 8 and have loved it so far. Put my Borla S Type 3" system on a few days later with the plan to put on my Stainless Works 1 7/8 LT's later. Now I've got my car in the shop getting all my goodies put on but my tuner calls me this morning and says that fitment between the SW Headers and the S Type catback is not going to work. Said they just don't match up and I'll need an exhaust shop or get a new catback. Obviously I'm pretty pissed as I thought the 3' system would go fine with the SW headers. I've even seen a youtube video with the exact same set up. What's the deal? Anyone had this problem? I trust the tuner as I've gone to him for years, but maybe I need to make sure he's not missing something. :frusty:

Any input is much appreciated
Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Perhaps the headers you ordered have the larger conection where as the cat back has the stock sized connection 2-1/2 in believe . If that is the case you could possibly swap out the SW pipes with the stock conection size of just use a shop to cut the cutback and make it full 3" all the way.

bravohankins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Ingot Silver
Even with the 3" extension pipes that came with your Borla S-Type it won't work??

I also have a 3" S-Type that is currently connected to the factory mount point with the 2.5" adapters. I'm looking at the AFE LT Headers and I PM'd aFePower and he said theirs will fit fine with the Borla 3" connector pipes.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Even with the 3" extension pipes that came with your Borla S-Type it won't work??

I also have a 3" S-Type that is currently connected to the factory mount point with the 2.5" adapters. I'm looking at the AFE LT Headers and I PM'd aFePower and he said theirs will fit fine with the Borla 3" connector pipes.
Pretty much this.

The Borla 3" kit actually uses reducers on the 3" piping where it connects to the stock down tubes from the cats. If you remove those adapters, you will have straight 3" piping which *should* connect a SW performance connect header kit. If you opt for the Borla headers, that cat-back also came with adapter tubes to connect the cat-back to Borla headers. I don't think you can go wrong with either set of headers, but I really would rather have a 1-7/8" primary (SW) vs a 1-3/4" (Borla) if you plan on getting a little more serious with mods later on.

Let us know if you have any questions or need assistance placing an order. :cheers:

Thanks.

DrunkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0
id be interested in hearing the video you saw and your car when its done.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
3" should mate to 3", 2.5, should mate to 2.5, just need to use the right header with the proper connection pipe

OP
OP

Ramblinman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT PP 401A

According to my tuner they just were't mating up. I'm positive it's the 3" kit as it came with the 3" adapters (and its on the receipt). That's why I'm so bewildered about this. I'll have to triple clarify with my tuner, but he knows more than I do.

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
3" should mate to 3", 2.5, should mate to 2.5, just need to use the right header with the proper connection pipe
Would the SW headers with the performance connect, connect to the Corsa Extreme Catback directly or is an additional 3" to 3" coupler needed?

or is it better to get the SW headers factory connect and use the Corsa 3" to 2.5" reducer?

TIA

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
unless your looking for big power down the road, the factory connection should be fine, we've been 8.7s s in our 2011 car with the factory connection and over 160 mph

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
unless your looking for big power down the road, the factory connection should be fine, we've been 8.7s s in our 2011 car with the factory connection and over 160 mph
Thanks for the advice! but big power to me may not be big power to you :)

Last question, would the factory connect be good even if adding a whipple down the road at roughly 650rwhp?

I know it won't get near 8.7s but I have to ask just to be sure...
Sponsored