Sponsored

Bored of my GT

Ishyne22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP - 2016 F150 5.0 ST - 2004 Ram SRT10 - 2003 Brickyard Nissan 350z TP
Iā€™ve done some basic performance mods.
I have LTH, Exhaust, CAI, and a tune. But Iā€™m bored of it. Iā€™m making about 450rwhp and Iā€™m used to it now. The car is really loud with the valves open and thatā€™s been the only thing that makes it fun to drive at the moment.

I already have suspension parts installed.

Supercharger or Turbos are out of the picture right now because theyā€™re $8-10k. What else can I do to my car to get some more power, or just a lot more fun? E85 is pretty far from where I live so I canā€™t do E85.

I was considering Nitrous because itā€™s only about a grand. Anyone else plateaued with their car?
Nitrous šŸ‘Žā€¦ two pulls and your outta juice. Waste of doll hairs. If your bored on the street with 500hp your not driving it right. Its not the gears its the man behind the gearing. I currently have a whipple and its absolutely useless on the street. Anything over 400 HP is almost useless on the street. If your bored save your pennies and work towards a good turbo kit. Everytime you get ā€œboredā€ turn up the boost until you break it. But in all honesty im willing to bet you have ADHD and will get bored of everything quickly. Good Luck.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, shogun, but I would probably just jump to the 4.09 if I acted on it.
I meant, buy the loaded pumpkin, put the 4.09 gears in it, then just do a pumpkin swap, instead of molesting your stock 3.55 pumpin.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I did misunderstand you, thanks for the clarificationā€¦right now it is something I am just starting to consider so I am not ready to actā€¦thanks again.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Iā€™d do a 4.56 instead of a 4.09. I have 3.73s in my Bullitt and they donā€™t make the car feel snappy at all, especially when coupled with the D4 trannyā€™s gearing.

I wish that I could have changed the gearing my tranny when I was rebuilding it. Unfortunately, no one could tell me whether the MT82ā€˜s gearing would work in the D4, so I put it back together with the original gearing.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I did misunderstand you, thanks for the clarificationā€¦right now it is something I am just starting to consider so I am not ready to actā€¦thanks again.
no problem. nobody's beating my door down for them so they'll probably be here still when/if you want to go down the route.

I may beat you to the gear retrofit, at least the pumpkin build. My local Mustang guy is supposedly a good hand at it. And I may have him do the build with 4.09 and perhaps a 'wild' config like previous poster.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Iā€™d do a 4.56 instead of a 4.09. I have 3.73s in my Bullitt and they donā€™t make the car feel snappy at all, especially when coupled with the D4 trannyā€™s gearing.

I wish that I could have changed the gearing my tranny when I was rebuilding it. Unfortunately, no one could tell me whether the MT82ā€˜s gearing would work in the D4, so I put it back together with the original gearing.
3.55 to 4.09 is a huge jump and enough for most people. It won't feel like a short ratio trans by any means but imo it's the sweet spot. 4.56 is like a 15-17 with 3.73 which has you shifting quite a lot. Some may enjoy that more though.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
3.55 to 4.09 is a huge jump and enough for most people. It won't feel like a short ratio trans by any means but imo it's the sweet spot. 4.56 is like a 15-17 with 3.73 which has you shifting quite a lot. Some may enjoy that more though.
I gotcha. Iā€™m definitely one of those who would enjoy a 4.56 gear out bacK.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I agree with @K4fxd. If your car is set up right and controllably puts down the power you will get bored of it on the street. my pops has the ludicrous mode Tesla that goes 0-60 in 2 seconds and after driving it for a day I got bored of it.

Id go whipple for the torque and then focus on Interior amenities and style.
Bad comparison. Teslas are boring cars. Boring and plain interior. Boring drivetrain with no soul. Boring exterior looks - although the model S is at least a good-looking sedan, but not exciting. Boring to drive. They drive nice, but still, boring.

Sponsored

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
3.73 isnt worth it but 4.09 is. You'll need tuning to make the computer happy though.
Now riddle me the difference between 4:09 and 4:10šŸ«£

Seriously though when did 4.09 become a thing over 4.10? back in the "day" it was either 3.73 or 4.10 šŸ˜‚

I have no desire these days to fiddle with gears. It made sense before when some GTs came with 2:73's it really made a difference to jump to 3:55 :373 or 4:10 now i'm not so sure it makes big enough impact.

That and I hated setting back lash. Fking hated it.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Nitrous šŸ‘Žā€¦ two pulls and your outta juice. Waste of doll hairs. If your bored on the street with 500hp your not driving it right. Its not the gears its the man behind the gearing. I currently have a whipple and its absolutely useless on the street. Anything over 400 HP is almost useless on the street. If your bored save your pennies and work towards a good turbo kit. Everytime you get ā€œboredā€ turn up the boost until you break it. But in all honesty im willing to bet you have ADHD and will get bored of everything quickly. Good Luck.
I donā€™t know too much about the Nitrous setup but I have a stock 2020 GT PP1/Premium 10R80 Aus Spec and there is so many times where I punch it and pray that I donā€™t get caught by a camera or the police and sometimes regret doing what I did and being caught in the moment.
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, itā€™s so easy to go into the ā€œgo to jail/ get your car confiscated speeds on the streetā€ , I really donā€™t see the point unless you can track/drag or live in the middle of nowhere to boost your car (at least living in a CBD).
The other problem is that I need my drivers licence for work.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ice445, shogun32 and NGOT8R-
thanks for the input, 4.56 sounds tempting, I obviously would want a noticeable upgradeā€¦Q: would this high(est) numeric rear end result in a ā€˜jerkyā€™ reverse gear when, say, maneuvering (reverse) in a parallel-parking situation (being a manual and putting a clutch in the mix)?

snowfox- funny you bring up 4.09/4.10 as my mind was in the same placeā€¦growing up in the 60s/70s the holy grail was having 4.11s and 60-series tires (at least on the rears)ā€¦!

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Now riddle me the difference between 4:09 and 4:10šŸ«£

Seriously though when did 4.09 become a thing over 4.10? back in the "day" it was either 3.73 or 4.10 šŸ˜‚

I have no desire these days to fiddle with gears. It made sense before when some GTs came with 2:73's it really made a difference to jump to 3:55 :373 or 4:10 now i'm not so sure it makes big enough impact.

That and I hated setting back lash. Fking hated it.
ā€¦.the gearing in the new manuals are akin to a 2.73. Now you know why.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€¦.the gearing in the new manuals are akin to a 2.73. Now you know why.
EgoBoost, are you saying that installing aftermarket higher numeric gears in todayā€™s vehicles is justified? (I wasnā€™t sure how to take your statement)
Sponsored