Boost Works Single Turbo Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You have to excuse us - we are just anxious. This is a VERY innovative, cool, affordable way to get into Forced Induction. I am a die hard supercharger guy and I am VERY interested as well in this!
Travis is a perfectionist. He doesn't like releasing stuff until it's been R&D'd for a while.
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
When we have something to post, we will. What we have right now isn't anything we're going to post.

We aren't just going to rush this. It takes time and a lot of wasted metal sometimes when you're trying to design a turbo system. I promise you, it'll be worth the wait.
That is usually when the thread should be created. Or perhaps a week or two before final product roll out. Instead manufacturers create a bunch of hype without anything tangible. Then seem to get frustrated when potential customers constantly ask for updates.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
That is usually when the thread should be created. Or perhaps a week or two before final product roll out. Instead manufacturers create a bunch of hype without anything tangible. Then seem to get frustrated when potential customers constantly ask for updates.

Cart was way before the horse on this one. I haven't even seen any of the BW TT kits yet either :shrug:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How is this any different than hyping any other product? How many potential customers did they just attract who have been on the fence about buying another FI setup?

Besides, this really isn't hype...they've already said it would be similar to their S197 single kit...so really, what info are you missing short of actual power numbers? Sounds like the issue isn't with BW, but with people not having any patience.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
not to get between the pissing match between you guys, but lets try not to derail this thread.:focus:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Cart was way before the horse on this one. I haven't even seen any of the BW TT kits yet either :shrug:
I don't really see how this was "cart before the horse".. I started it to have a place to discuss development, answer questions, and eventually post up pics/info as the development went along. As of now, I don't have anything to post up yet. There are certain things that we are doing that we don't necessarily want to give away until the system is much further along in development. It's a challenge to build this without having to put a sub-frame in the car like every other kit out there. We have a way to do it, but it's taking some time to get perfect. If the thread is bothersome, we can delete it. But, I suspect most people don't mind it being here. As vendors, we try to provide as much info and options for you guys.

Our twin kit has been in production now for a few months..

We've sold a few to members here who are about to start their install. But, undoubtedly, we don't have as much of an "online" presence as some of the bigger companies. ;)

Travis

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Travis, is the subframe mainly for holding the turbo in place?
If yes, that was a question I had and didn't post.
If no, how is that turbo going to stay in one place and not put too much weight on the manifold and hot pipes?

Thanks!

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Travis, is the subframe mainly for holding the turbo in place?
If yes, that was a question I had and didn't post.
If no, how is that turbo going to stay in one place and not put too much weight on the manifold and hot pipes?

Thanks!
A new subframe in the kit would be because the size of the downpipe doesnt work with the stock frame. A bracket would be made to support the weight and keep it off the downpipe

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
A new subframe in the kit would be because the size of the downpipe doesnt work with the stock frame. A bracket would be made to support the weight and keep it off the downpipe
I see, so the subframe is not to hold the turbo.
Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Our kit will keep the stock sub-frame. It doesn't hold the turbo up, though. We have a machined bracket that bolts to the engine and holds the weight. It allows the turbo to move with the engine and the rest of the tubing.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I'm still curious on the manifolds, I'm looking to pick up mak cat deletes i a week or so but don't want to spend the money if you have something else mind, like a replacement type manifold or will you use the cut and weld method to get rid of the cats

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Our kit will keep the stock sub-frame. It doesn't hold the turbo up, though. We have a machined bracket that bolts to the engine and holds the weight. It allows the turbo to move with the engine and the rest of the tubing.
Can you at least share if your plans are for t6 or t4? What will be the diameter of the downpipe?

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Can you at least share if your plans are for t6 or t4? What will be the diameter of the downpipe?
If I'm not mistaking or Travis has changed the design, I think he had said, he was staying with T4 for this kit. But no info on the DP diameter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.