• Option 2: Suspension

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Hey guys I'm thinking about doing some upgrades in about a year or so when my warranty goes out. I just had my evaporator core and sync go out on me, at least I won't have to deal with those in the future. I'm debating on what approach I should take when choosing my next upgrades. I can't decide on if I should boost it or upgrade the suspension first.

I'm debating on if I should go whipple or hellion. I'm aiming for around 700whp on 93 octane. I'm not planning to race, but I do drive my car pretty hard. I'm expecting to have around 20k miles when I boost it. I plan on doing OPG/CS/balancer. Would I need to do more to the engine if I went with the hellion, like forged internals? Would my car have too many miles on it to go boosted?

For the suspension, I'm planning on going with the ford racing track pack, with some BMR goodies. I also plan on getting some wheels, probably MRR m350's. I'm going to get some carbon fiber exterior parts too. Plus the V series grille.

No matter which I do first I'm going to get the Mak cat deletes. If I do suspension first of course I will need a tune for the cat deletes.

Guys help me pick, and please give me your wisdom.

Option 1:

Whipple/Hellion
OPG+CS+harmonic balancer
Mak cat deletes

Option 2:

Ford Racing track handling pack
BMR Goodies (lock out, some braces, ect.)
MRR m350s (305 rear, staggered)
MMD V series grill
Anderson Composites extractor hood, splitter, ect in carbon fiber
Mak cat deletes
Lund tune
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I wouldn't boost it without the suspension unless I only planned to drive in a straight line. You don't see 700hp cars on a track that don't have serious suspension builds and serious tires. I wouldn't take that much power on curvy 2 lane roads either. If you haven't had that much power in your hands before, watch some videos of it on the street. Wheel spin takes almost no effort. If I punched the gas a bit in a curve like I do with my regular GT power in something with 700 at the wheels it would be game over.

You really need to remember to take it slow with that kind of power. I still haven't pushed my GTPP super hard, even after 6 months of ownership. I hit it hard, but I've still not taken it to the limit. When I bought it, the salesman was telling me about a guy they had buy his first V8 car there and had them put a roush supercharger and exhaust on it. He destroyed it inside of a week. I was like "wow..that's ridiculous," and he sort-of nonchalantly said "these guys with money come in here and buy 600hp but never learned how to handle 400hp. It's a lot of responsibility." I've kept that thought with me ever since.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Suspension first...

Learn the car, know how it behaves and get the most out of the 435HP before jumping to over 700.

Reactions: 113

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I wouldn't boost it without the suspension unless I only planned to drive in a straight line. You don't see 700hp cars on a track that don't have serious suspension builds and serious tires. I wouldn't take that much power on curvy 2 lane roads either. If you haven't had that much power in your hands before, watch some videos of it on the street. Wheel spin takes almost no effort. If I punched the gas a bit in a curve like I do with my regular GT power in something with 700 at the wheels it would be game over.

You really need to remember to take it slow with that kind of power. I still haven't pushed my GTPP super hard, even after 6 months of ownership. I hit it hard, but I've still not taken it to the limit. When I bought it, the salesman was telling me about a guy they had buy his first V8 car there and had them put a roush supercharger and exhaust on it. He destroyed it inside of a week. I was like "wow..that's ridiculous," and he sort-of nonchalantly said "these guys with money come in here and buy 600hp but never learned how to handle 400hp. It's a lot of responsibility." I've kept that thought with me ever since.
^^^THIS is good advice.^^^

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Suspension, then brakes, then driveline, then engine.

Break less parts that way. Trust me.

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I always start from the ground up. Always did tires first. Suspension then breaks gotta be able to stop! Then do the engine! Of course you gonna want to do drivetrain for sure.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
If the car doesn't stick and go, it won't matter if its 600 or 60hp. Efficient use of power is key. Don't go around your elbow to get to your asshole

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Just like everyone else said, suspension would be way more beneficial to get done first.

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Boost for sure.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
What good is a car that can't put down it's power. I always like to start from the bottom up.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Suspension, what good is boost if you arent gonna race???
Sponsored