Sponsored

BMW people; what's their obsession with Mustang GT's?

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Also the Mustang/BMW thing is because there's a lot of overlap in those two communities. If you want a RWD performance coupe, there are only a few options out there.
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
The tunes that people buy are not the same as the stock burbles and pops you have, they're aggressive gunshot level bangs that sound really really loud. They also do it on every single pedal lift, so putting around town becomes an excuse to make a shitload of noise. its REALLY obnoxious.

I love burble when driving hard, makes it feel like the engine is really working you know lol.
Ah, ok. Yea some of them are very loud and it makes no sense. I absolutely destroyed this one kid a few months ago in his Bimmer. It was soo bad that I was actually bored racing him. So afterwards he kept jumping in front of me and popping off his exhaust. I'm like, ok AND? Like dude, I literally just walked you soo bad that I was embarrassed for you. HAHA!! So what does your exhaust mean? That you have a very loud and equally slow car? It is ridiculous.

And the Mercedes and AMG guys are even worst.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I will add that most of the older 4cyl and 6cyl turbo Bimmers are not much to worry about. But from a light, if you come across anything with "550i", "650i", "M550i", M850i", "750i", and a few others, then you won't be as lucky. Those things with AWD are darn near impossible to beat from the punch. And the newer M2/M3/M4/M5/M8...are monsters.
nd said they were surprised they couldn't beat me. Anyway, most of it is all fun. So enjoy it.
The lower models such as the M340 with the B58 are monsters as well once lightly modified. Even the old 335s like I have with the N54 with simple mods will easily run with or outrun a new stock A10 Mustang. They're reliable up to 600-650 WHP on the sealed engine.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The lower models such as the M340 with the B58 are monsters as well once lightly modified. Even the old 335s like I have with the N54 with simple mods will easily run with or outrun a new stock A10 Mustang. They're reliable up to 600-650 WHP on the sealed engine.
My 335i Xdrive had mild mods and it could keep up with my Mustang GT, despite having a 6 speed manual versus the A10 in the Mustang. Turbo engines with manual transmissions just suck.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
My 335i Xdrive had mild mods and it could keep up with my Mustang GT, despite having a 6 speed manual versus the A10 in the Mustang. Turbo engines with manual transmissions just suck.
You do have to shift them quickly to keep in boost or setup the "no lift shift" in the tune.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Since this seems like a relevant video
I watched that one the other day. Really enjoyed it and I really like the work Cammisa does in general. Great storyteller

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I'm a German car buy who appreciates Mustangs. The hard core BMW E36, E46, E39, E85, E9X, and E60 crew (for the vast majority) don't think about Mustangs, period. When I talk about them occasionally on the other boards I'm on I get eye rolls. Mercedes (owned a w204 C3 AMG) guys roll their eyes at the BMW guys and vice versa, so nothing new there. Perhaps the new generation of forced induction people care...

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I get that a lot with a variety of cars where I live. I’ve found it’s not the car make but the driver. Almost ALWAYS young males and I don’t participate. I just let them do their thing.

BMW make some great cars though. I would love to pick up a previous gen M2C as my next track car.

IMG_7490.jpeg

Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I have had 8 Mustangs and now I just picked up my 8th BMW, this one being a 2024 M2 with 8 sp auto., carbon fiber roof, etc. I loved my 2022 Mustang GT, but I have always wanted an M car and the deal they offered me was too good to pass up. The BMW is a lot of car for the $70K MSRP and the tech is amazing.

M2 AW 2.jpg

M2 AW 3.jpg

M2 AW 1.jpg

Mustang 1.jpg

Mustang 2.jpg

Last edited:

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Here’s the result of a (probably soon to be former) co-worker street racing…

https://www.wtae.com/article/multiple-people-injured-in-school-van-crash-in-dravosburg/45220150
That is a tragedy, good example of why street racing is for fools. Real men race at the track with the necessary safety measures in place. Even though I am a pretty decent driver at the strip and scca track events I NEVER entertain these rookie street racers even though I would probably spank them 90% of the time.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have had 8 Mustangs and now I just picked up my 8th BMW, this one being a 2024 M2 with 8 sp auto., carbon fiber roof, etc. I loved my 2022 Mustang GT, but I have always wanted an M car and the deal they offered me was too good to pass up. The BMW is a lot of car for the $70K MSRP and the tech is amazing.

M2 AW 2.jpg

M2 AW 3.jpg

M2 AW 1.jpg

Mustang 1.jpg

Mustang 2.jpg
Nice cars. I would have given the M2 serious consideration if I wanted a coupe. But, I had to have a soft top or 4 doors, so Z4 M40i or M3 Competition XDrive.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Nice cars. I would have given the M2 serious consideration if I wanted a coupe. But, I had to have a soft top or 4 doors, so Z4 M40i or M3 Competition XDrive.
I considered the M3C as I love that car but I know that I do not drive all that much (had my Mustang for 2 1/2 years and only put 4,600 miles on it LOL) and since it is just her and I (and the dog...who rides in the Mazda!) the coupe was a good choice. I simply love both Mustangs and BMWs. I will definitely miss my Mustang as it was fun to drive and I loved the styling but I had to have this M2...it is a sickness...I know. lol

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I considered the M3C as I love that car but I know that I do not drive all that much (had my Mustang for 2 1/2 years and only put 4,600 miles on it LOL) and since it is just her and I (and the dog...who rides in the Mazda!) the coupe was a good choice. I simply love both Mustangs and BMWs. I will definitely miss my Mustang as it was fun to drive and I loved the styling but I had to have this M2...it is a sickness...I know. lol
I know the feeling. I'm on my 4th BMW.
Sponsored