Vehicle(s)
TBD

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Ordered a set of these last week and they came today. If it matters, I have the first generation BMR rail on the car and have been very happy with them. They are the epitome of robust and normally, I wouldn't have it any other way. Some might argue that they are overly beefy.

After swapping out the factory 35's for some 30's I lost a measured 3/4" in diameter and as such the ride height went down 3/8". I only recently noticed what that meant in terms of clearance when I pull my car up/over/down my floor mounted low rise lift. The larger, boxed ends on the first gen BMR rails were scrubbing the rubber mat atop the lift. No biggie, hopefully they will work for somebody else, as I'll be installing the lower profile rails when I get a chance. Just holding them in your hand you get a clear feel as to how light these new pieces are in comparison to the old. As always, the welds and construction are first rate.
Thanks for the info and pic [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]. Good that they still come in a reasonable facsimile of your color :thumbsup:

I have the first gen BMRs and are very happy w them. I wasn't looking to replace them but the new ones look 'cleaner' and weigh less...Thinking about doing the swap..

What are you doing with your old ones? Are they compatible w other models??

Thanks

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
They are compatible with any S550 but for anything else it'd be cut/weld. I'm talking to a local guy that has a GT that would like to try them but if he decides he doesn't want them I have a couple of projects that are in need of some square tubing...

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
@snaproll - thanks for the support. If there is anything else you ever need, that you aren't interested in doing yourself (as I know you are more than capable..) - just give me a shout sir.
@Epiphany - slacker! Get those beuts on! Great pic BTW, love it!

1day

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 OW/Blue Stripes
I opted for the low profile BMR rails. I have a set of Quick Jacks that have a long footprint so I needed the longer rails.

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I opted for the low profile BMR rails. I have a set of Quick Jacks that have a long footprint so I needed the longer rails.
Are those the CJR002? Are they full length? Thanks!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Epiphany - slacker! Get those beuts on! Great pic BTW, love it!
Had an opportunity to get a few things done today including adding the latest "Super Low Profile" jacking rails from BMR. I've had the standard chassis jacking rails from BMR (CJR001) since my car was new and have been very happy with them. But once I lowered the car with some different rolling stock I noticed that the boxed ends of the rails were making contact with the top of my low profile scissor lift each time I drove over it. I needed to gain some clearance back, especially if I'm to use the FP springs which lower the car almost 3/4". It'll be close.

The latest rails, CJR002, are a little shorter than the CJR001 rails and the profile is much shorter as well.

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

The CJR001 rails hang down a bit below the pinch rail.

zzzzz%200802171312a_resized.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

With the passenger side swapped to the new low profile rail and the older, CJR001 still in place on the driver side, a comparison...

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

Aside from the small plate welded on the end, the full length of the new rails are from 1/16" to 1/8" lower than the pinch rail, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for offering even more choice Kelly. I'm very happy with more clearance and less weight that the CJR002 rails offer.

IMG_4513.jpg

wasserott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 LB WS
Placed order for bmr v2

Ok, made my order for CJR002 but couldn't find discount code nor was shipping free ($32 eek). I don't think their end cost is as competitive as Steeda but I was committed to my order. Better be awesome!

Buyer beware.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I think I like the fact that my BMR rails hang down a little bit. It seems to offer a little more protection as well as strength.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, made my order for CJR002 but couldn't find discount code nor was shipping free ($32 eek). I don't think their end cost is as competitive as Steeda but I was committed to my order. Better be awesome!

Buyer beware.
Buyer beware of what? Themselves? You "couldn't find discount code nor was shipping free" so....did you try calling?

I think I like the fact that my BMR rails hang down a little bit. It seems to offer a little more protection as well as strength.
I can relate to that. The older rails are extremely robust and the latest are clearly minimalist. The cool thing is that BMR offers both.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Got my Steeda rails today, free shipping and discount pricing from TJ much appreciated. Such a simple install. That's it, done "modifying" my Shelby, fixed the only thing I didn't like.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Was there a code for BMR too? Just curious before i order.

Giving up on the 4 post lift i can usually have access to...too damn high off the ground!

Time to go back to concrete installs :(