ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
Don't know. And won't really have a means to test flow pressure. I'm hoping I can decrease hole sizes until the smoke is minimized. I don't want to eliminate it completely with the first alteration. I feel like that would be the sweet spot to where the oil is doing its job, but not overwhelming the seals.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

ScottyP3821

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB MAN
Do yall selfs a favor and for the next week. Let the cars oil warm up before going into boost or above 3k. Also when you start the car in the morning to leave make sure you wait for the rpms to drop before moving the car. I do this and I beat the shit out of my car (once warm) and I do not have any issues.

ScottyP3821

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB MAN
Maybe the oil will finish burning off and it might fix the issue. People have replaced the turbos with new OEM ones and still have this issue so that is beginning to lead me to believe its driver misuse of a turbo car.

OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
Or weak seals from a production turbo... And thats exactly why mine hasn't been to the dealer. Until they fix turbo they are putting the same crap in that we have issues with.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Maybe the oil will finish burning off and it might fix the issue. People have replaced the turbos with new OEM ones and still have this issue so that is beginning to lead me to believe its driver misuse of a turbo car.
Trust me I've done all that waiting for it to warm up before even doing anything & making sure I didn't just run it hard then just turn it off..yet again has nothing to do with driver error. Yes not everyone is having these issues but doesn't mean that they aren't happening.

Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Do yall selfs a favor and for the next week. Let the cars oil warm up before going into boost or above 3k. Also when you start the car in the morning to leave make sure you wait for the rpms to drop before moving the car. I do this and I beat the shit out of my car (once warm) and I do not have any issues.
You make it sound like we are all beating the shit out of our cars and this is our fault.

My car is always warmed up properly, and it never sees boost until the oil temps hit "normal".

This is not my first rodeo with a turbocharged car; nor my 2nd, 3rd or even 5th.

What we have here is a design flaw, plain and simple.

I'm more concerned with the oil smoke dicking up the catalytic converter causing it to fail prematurely.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You make it sound like we are all beating the shit out of our cars and this is our fault.

My car is always warmed up properly, and it never sees boost until the oil temps hit "normal".

This is not my first rodeo with a turbocharged car; nor my 2nd, 3rd or even 5th.

What we have here is a design flaw, plain and simple.

I'm more concerned with the oil smoke dicking up the catalytic converter causing it to fail prematurely.
:headbang:+1

OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
For those wondering, bolt is an m12-1.5 wasn't able to match the length though.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Justin, I'm not sure I'd mess with reducing the oil to the turbo (your call of course). That smoke isn't normal. Mine certainly doesn't smoke.

OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
I'll admit a much better option would be opening the return up some to allow the excess to escape easier. It just much more difficult.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
The oil return line.

dvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I was seriously considering an EB but this whole smoke issue has really got me second guessing. I would be so pissed to have a brand new car with a cloud of smoke behind it. I should probably just spring for the GT.

OP
OP
ThatsMrGimp2U

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
Alright guys. Bolt on the right is what I'm trying first. Its a 15/64 hole down the center, with one .093 hole on the side. The other bolt to test is the same center hole with two 1/16 holes on the sides. Bolt installed fine without leaks, I'm going to get my aftermarket downpipe back on and then I will update everyone.

Last edited:

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
My search for a potential aftermarket exhaust (so far I am thinking Borla Touring Catback) has me watching a lot of the clips on Youtube of the various systems exemplifying the sound changes. Many of these videos have the cars revving stock and with the new system; you know, you probably have watched all of them 5 times too just like me. What I am noticing now is that many show this smoking issue. At first I thought it was steam because there is water dripping out of many of the tailpipes at the same time but the cloud lingers on some of them. This is not steam. Also, the stock systems show this same trend as well. The aftermarket mods removing the catalyst are the worst because there is no after treatment but there is still some getting through on the stock cars as well.

Just an observation...
Sponsored