Sponsored

Bit of disappointment at the dyno this morning...Whipple help me out?

OP
OP
bmoore1488

bmoore1488

whodafuk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6MT
What was the correction factor used?
I'm not sure what he had as the correction factor. Whipple is all over this and there customer service is amazing, as soon as I figure out this data logging thing and send it to them I am sure they will get it worked out and tell me what I did wrong. I can't say enough about how fast they got back to me on this, I have never seen such quick and thorough customer service out of any other company.
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Finally got back to my desk. Pretty sure the O2 deals are causing an issue. Remember you got the too rich code before? They are messing with the signal. I've never had one this rich and with wide bands, its constantly correcting so something is telling it to go this rich.

Although the cats are out, remove all adapters and or anything trying to trick the O2's and just run it as is. You will get a code for cat efficiency, but the AFR should be rock solid. If this is the case, you will need some high flow cats or some other method to work properly.

OP
OP
bmoore1488

bmoore1488

whodafuk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6MT
Finally got back to my desk. Pretty sure the O2 deals are causing an issue. Remember you got the too rich code before? They are messing with the signal. I've never had one this rich and with wide bands, its constantly correcting so something is telling it to go this rich.

Although the cats are out, remove all adapters and or anything trying to trick the O2's and just run it as is. You will get a code for cat efficiency, but the AFR should be rock solid. If this is the case, you will need some high flow cats or some other method to work properly.
Ok, Im scheduled to run again on the 9th, do you still want all the data logs, or should I just try this first? Also the O2 extenders have different size jets in them and I put the smallest one in to start do you think it would make a difference if I put the biggest jet in? I'll pull them completely for the next run and them maybe try the bigger jet after that if it fixes my problem.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
i am at almost 4000ft elevation
I think this and the 91 octane are both contributors of having a low HP and TQ number. Also, were you on a Mustang dyno? Those are heartbreaker dynos.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Ok, Im scheduled to run again on the 9th, do you still want all the data logs, or should I just try this first? Also the O2 extenders have different size jets in them and I put the smallest one in to start do you think it would make a difference if I put the biggest jet in? I'll pull them completely for the next run and them maybe try the bigger jet after that if it fixes my problem.

Get me a log today if you can. Would like to resolve it before. Go ahead and log as is, then remove the restrictors and log that. Give me both of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I think this and the 91 octane are both contributors of having a low HP and TQ number. Also, were you on a Mustang dyno? Those are heartbreaker dynos.
Good luck! :thumbsup:
Yeah, some mustang dynoes are heartbreakers for sure. Plus, Cali's 91 is piss.

OP
OP
bmoore1488

bmoore1488

whodafuk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6MT
Get me a log today if you can. Would like to resolve it before. Go ahead and log as is, then remove the restrictors and log that. Give me both of those.

I won't be able to log today im at work till 11 tonight, i'll do my best to get it to you tomorrow weather willing:doh:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Has there any other Whipple guys that had problems with O/R Longtubes w the Whipple tune. Since I have O/R Kooks and going with Whipple tune. Sorry not trying to thread jack lol.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Has there any other Whipple guys that had problems with O/R Longtubes w the Whipple tune. Since I have O/R Kooks and going with Whipple tune. Sorry not trying to thread jack lol.

Nope, there is a lot of them setup that way.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I'm going to try it out with Kooks offroad headers. Green cats are $$$$! I'm going to try some cheaters first lol. Thankfully we have real gas in FL lol. I feel sorry for everyone in Cali.

Sponsored

DIBCANTU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt Deep Impact Blue
I have the kooks off-road headers. Car runs great with the whipple. The only thing I can't get rid of is the check engine light. I tried two different type foulers and nothing seems to take the CEL off.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
OP
OP
bmoore1488

bmoore1488

whodafuk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6MT
I used these:
VPE-11621_OX_xl.jpg

and i also have not CEL at all.
But I also used the smallest jet out of the three, maybe I should have went with the bigger ones because this may be whats causing my car to run rich after 5k. I sent my logs off this morning to Whipple and as always they let me know within minutes of sending the email that they were all over it, stellar company!! I am absolutely sure it will be something that I missed or possibly the foulers on the cats. Just driving the car around I cannot tell that anything is wrong, it runs and drives great and if I had not dyno'd I would have probably never knew anything was going on. I did notice this morning after data logging that my exaust tips are covered in damp soot so its definitely running rich up top. We will get it figured out tho.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
The rear sensors only monitor cat efficiency and wont effect the fueling. You mentioned that you had O2 extenders I have seen others have problems with those having to high resistance and causing improper signals to the wide bands. I would loos those asap if that was the case
Sponsored