Bilstein HD6

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Yes. Same valving as the non-Magneride 2016 cars. They are monotubes all around.
Thanks buddy. Btw, how were you able to confirm about this fact? I've been searching endlessly on whether the FP Track kit is mono or twin tube but could not find any data confirming this.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I'm going to hold out for the Bilsteins. They'll be available... SOME DAY

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally installed my Bilstein B6's front and rear :)
20190928_162815.jpg
20191005_142232.jpg

GT350 R springs in front, along with 350 sway, and Steeda 555-4128 Control Arm bearings

In rear, BMR SP085 springs with Ford Racing toe-knuckle bearing, Steeda 555-4117 Rear control arm bearings, CB005 cradle lockout and BMR rear shock mounts.

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean these things are real?
Yep. Figured I would follow up on this thread since they're now legitimately available. The new rears however do not work with Steeda's rear shock mounts. I figured that out the hard way

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Not only do they exist, but the car rides a lot nicer than with the PP shocks.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
20190928_162815.jpg
20191005_142232.jpg

GT350 R springs in front, along with 350 sway, and Steeda 555-4128 Control Arm bearings

In rear, BMR SP085 springs with Ford Racing toe-knuckle bearing, Steeda 555-4117 Rear control arm bearings, CB005 cradle lockout and BMR rear shock mounts.
Aaaannnnd???

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
20190928_162815.jpg
20191005_142232.jpg

How’s the ride and your impressions? What was your total cost for just the Bilsteins and who did you end up sourcing them from?

—
I always installed Bilsteins on my prior Mustangs. In fact I installed Bilsteins on my 94 Cobra over the choice of Koni or other well known brands. Even with the H&R lowering springs I have on the 94, the ride with the Bilsteins is very nice, even on harsh roads or over road imperfections.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well...

I didn't get an opportunity for any real seat time. Finished it up early on Sunday and literally only took it around the block before I had to go to the airport to fly out for a business trip. Thus weekend I'll get some opportunity to see how I like it. First impressions - exceptionally compliant. If there's a bump you see in the road, you know you'll feel that bump accurately. Turn in is crisp, and mid-corner is so much more predictable than stock. The back just follows the front instead of the "wagging dance" that it used to do. Putting power down from a 5 mph roll made me smile because the chirp-chirp-chirp occilation was totally gone. Excited for more seat time.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well...

I didn't get an opportunity for any real seat time. Finished it up early on Sunday and literally only took it around the block before I had to go to the airport to fly out for a business trip. Thus weekend I'll get some opportunity to see how I like it. First impressions - exceptionally compliant. If there's a bump you see in the road, you know you'll feel that bump accurately. Turn in is crisp, and mid-corner is so much more predictable than stock. The back just follows the front instead of the "wagging dance" that it used to do. Putting power down from a 5 mph roll made me smile because the chirp-chirp-chirp occilation was totally gone. Excited for more seat time.
I'm quite interested in what you think because your setup is very, very close to mine, but with Bilsteins instead of the FP Track dampers.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How well do these dampers do with the BMR handling springs?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Interested in the same. When I get this car paid off I might freshen it up and try these dampers along with a few other things.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Based on what Kelly Aiken had told me, extraordinary. The FP track handle them really well, and the Bilstein even better. He tested both.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
latest?cb=20131216171523.png

Yes, well... just got back from a few days out in So Cal for work.

Was dying all week to get back and get some seat time. Figured the best way to evaluate was to do a 40 mile loop to the office and back, since I have butt tuning memory of that route. I mixed it up a little on the way home to get some twisties and different road surfaces in. Keep in mind this is as installed, haven't had it in for an alignment yet.

Impressions: Holy cow, this is the flattest setup I've had in a car yet. I will say this. Compared to stock, this setup is way more predictable, but way less forgiving. Will improve with more grip all the way around from wider wheels and tires (I have a 19x10/19x11 setup with wider PSS's that I'll get on the road next spring - right now I'm still running the stock staggered Pirelli PP set). Will take some butt/big toe calibration on throttle tip in around turns on the street, as throttle can be easily over applied, and you don't get the "wind up" feeling that the stock PP suspension had with the front end going up and the rear end going down when you hammer down. Just wheel spin, wheel spin and grip... it breaks away so effortlessly that it will require more practice to not end up like some youtube Cars and Coffee casualty

Bump steer is not drastically altered vs factory. It's still minor, but present, and something I can live with since I'm used to it and it's not what I would call bad by any means. On the highway at speed, the ride is well controlled, the feedback is enhanced. Road surface differences are communicated more so than stock, but not annoyingly so. Hopefully after some more 'spirited' driving after an alignment I'll have more feedback. But as of right now I'm excited to get used to the new dynamics and build confidence to push this setup more. One thing I can say is that I'm happy with my decision to stick with the PP bar in the back, for my driving style I can't imagine needing any more bar back there.

Very impressed and excited to see what I can squeeze out of these parts. Thanks again to the folks at Steeda, BMR, and BmacIL for inspiration and guidance. These cars CAN handle, no doubt!
Sponsored