Sponsored

Big Worm vs Anchor room vs American muscle for light tint

BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
Not sure who to go with on this. I want a high quality material for the best price. I don't mind paying more if it means better material, if there is a difference between the 3. Any thoughts on who I should go with?

Also, has anyone used yellow fog light tint and does it make the fogs yellow? I've seen some people say it makes the fogs look green when on.

Also how hard is this to install?
Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
I have bigworm tint, it's freaking amazing! I have the optic blue on my fogs and it makes it look whiter for me.

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
[MENTION=6592]BigWormGraphix[/MENTION] uses Lamin-x film for his light tint kits. The film is 12 mil thick and specifically formulated for UV protection.

The Anchor Room corner blackouts are made of Oracal 651 vinyl, which is only 2.5 mil thick. I'm not sure if they use the same film for their light tint kits.

I can't speak to the American Muscle offerings since I've never used them.

OP
OP

BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
[MENTION=6592]BigWormGraphix[/MENTION] uses Lamin-x film for his light tint kits. The film is 12 mil thick and specifically formulated for UV protection.

The Anchor Room corner blackouts are made of Oracal 651 vinyl, which is only 2.5 mil thick. I'm not sure if they use the same film for their light tint kits.

I can't speak to the American Muscle offerings since I've never used them.
Are the the thicker films easier to apply than the thinner ones?

5.0Nasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Triple Yellow Eco Vert
I have Big Worm Graphix on all my rear markers and taillights. The whole kit was fantastic.
Lamin-X specifically says not to use soapy water for install, just water. I didn't have issues with it.

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Heard amazing things about Bigworm, some local guys swear by their stuff.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
FWIW I had AM on mine, decided to switch to the deflector blackout. Thought both were easy to install and looked great. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Some people complained of tearing the anchor room, but I had no issue.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Are the the thicker films easier to apply than the thinner ones?
Yes, the thicker film will stretch or shrink more than a thinner film. Also it makes it more difficult to wrinkle the film during installation. With a thicker material you can lift it up and reposition if you don't get it where you want on the first attempt.

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Are these kits fairly easy to apply?

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
My american muscle tint is super grainy looking. I've done tint on all my cars/trucks and never seen it this bad before... hopefully its just a fluke and they are not all this way but i didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning at the time and now i regret that decision

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I can vouch for Big Worm's stuff.

I put their lightest shade of tint on all of outside lenses and reflectors not long after I got my '15 in 11/14 and it's held up well.

I also recently installed their stripes on my car and they look great and came precisely cut to fit.

Here's a pic of Ruby's rear end after the stripes were installed and you can see the slight tint to the rear lights.

Water and patience are your friends when installing the tint and/or stripes. :cheers:
001.jpg

OP
OP

BigChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Coupe, 19 GT350
I can vouch for Big Worm's stuff.

I put their lightest shade of tint on all of outside lenses and reflectors not long after I got my '15 in 11/14 and it's held up well.

I also recently installed their stripes on my car and they look great and came precisely cut to fit.

Here's a pic of Ruby's rear end after the stripes were installed and you can see the slight tint to the rear lights.

Water and patience are your friends when installing the tint and/or stripes. :cheers:
I like that there are different shades available with big worm. I was wondering what the lightest shade would look like. I think that would be perfect on my car without diminishing light output too much. I might have to get the darkest shade for the third brake light though. Lol

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I like that there are different shades available with big worm. I was wondering what the lightest shade would look like. I think that would be perfect on my car without diminishing light output too much. I might have to get the darkest shade for the third brake light though. Lol
They will send you color samples.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I went to bigworm and tinted all my lights since my car was 2 months old
Coming up 2 and half years later and it still looks like the day I got them

Below is yellow fog when on:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I have the Anchor Room and the kit was spot on. I've had it on for a good 7,000+ miles. I had my vinyl guy install them ($45). I was going to have them to do their own cuts but they recommended AR because they said out of all the kits they have installed for Mustang owners, they were spot on and prefered them. I did the full dark kit. The light output from the brakes a great. At night you wouldn't even know they were tinted.
IMG_4596.JPG
PDRJ4649.jpg
DYSP0651.jpg
IMG_6745.jpg
IMG_6757.jpg
Sponsored