Sponsored

Best bang for buck supercharger?

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I thought the argument was that the maggy was cheaper than centri? So I guess we didn't just go centri because of our budget. :shrug:
I never said the Magnuson was cheaper or more expensive. Ironically, theMagnuson is actually cheaper (and better) than the Paxton/Vortech kits I see listed on a reputable vendors website listed here in this thread. Therefore, it's a better bang for the buck. If someone asked you if you could have a Whipple or a Centri for the same price, what would you buy? I know your answer already. For some reason, there are many folks here that bash the Magnuson and say it's junk, doesn't make good power, etc. I've had a Hellion Turbonetics 1992 Notch, and a 2011 GT with a Paxton kit previously. PD is way better for street/daily driving without any doubt.
Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I never said the Magnuson was cheaper or more expensive. Ironically, theMagnuson is actually cheaper (and better) than the Paxton/Vortech kits I see listed on a reputable vendors website listed here in this thread. Therefore, it's a better bang for the buck. If someone asked you if you could have a Whipple or a Centri for the same price, what would you buy? I know your answer already. For some reason, there are many folks here that bash the Magnuson and say it's junk, doesn't make good power, etc. I've had a Hellion Turbonetics 1992 Notch, and a 2011 GT with a Paxton kit previously. PD is way better for street/daily driving without any doubt.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and yours stinks. For one which fi setup is best for dd is subjective, it's all personal preference. I thought the pd blower for dd was annoying. I didn't need 600ftlb to go from light to light. I preferred the lag of a turbo for dd.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's kind of funny........
The only person who I've ever heard say "I prefer the lag". Are you being facetious or i
s that true?
"Wait for it, wait for it.......... ok, now my boost will kick in" LOL

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
That's kind of funny........
The only person who I've ever heard say "I prefer the lag". Are you being facetious or i
s that true?
"Wait for it, wait for it.......... ok, now my boost will kick in" LOL
Never been in a race where I wasn't in boost. Maybe you just don't know how to drive. The point was the "lag" keeps a stock like feeling when I don't want/need power.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
our paxton package is def the best bang for the buck out there. it's our best seller and a great deal.

got guys running low 9's with a smaller pulley and e85..

hard to beat it for the $$
What is needed to run e85 along with the Paxton kit? Dual FP kit and injectors?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
correct, our packages usually come with the injectors, so a level 1 dual pump will do the job

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Magnuson stopped offering the 11-14 kit and never made a kit for the 2015+, that should tell you something right there. I dont know if Livernois bought all the S197 stock or made a deal to be their exclusive dealer going forward for Ford Mustang systems, but apparently they took an S197 kit and modified it/manufactured things to make it fit the S550. Even in their thread they said they dont know how much longer it will be a available and you can only get one from them.

So there are 2 people in this thread that have a Magnuson and love it, good for you guys as long as your happy. My opinion is the Magnuson would never be my choice...inlet restrictions along with a company that doesnt even support the brand is more then enough for me to look at other more attractive options.

Too many other proven systems out there, and with forum discounts and special sales you can get a great deal on any of them.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
What is needed to run e85 along with the Paxton kit? Dual FP kit and injectors?
Dual pump return system fasho. I was running e50 on my stock pump with Bap and it lasted 8k miles of daily driving before it fried the pump.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Sup with these maggy clowns in here flexing their “superiority”? Sounding like Camaro owners with their “we have all this down low power”, races don’t happen down low. Best bang for buck is Paxton. Cost is comparable to Maggy but makes upwards of 70whp more, and capable of way more.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lol, show me them 9.30 maggies...

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thread wasn't "cheapest" was best bang for the buck...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo centrifugals don't make boost below 3k eh? Fine by me. 90% of my cruising is below 3k. 6k is just a downshift away.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Soooo centrifugals don't make boost below 3k eh? Fine by me. 90% of my cruising is below 3k. 6k is just a downshift away.
These Maggy owners are lazy, they don’t want to downshift, they want to win races by taking of in 6th gear at 40mph and let the monster low end torque pull them thru, so since they can’t win they just resort to forum talk.
Sponsored