Sponsored

Best all-season tire

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm thinking about switching out my p-zero summer tires for some all season. What do u guys recommend? I'm in Michigan and would love to drive my car on a sunny day in the winter. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Bridgestone Potenzas normally get the best reviews.

96Mustang460cid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP
I just went through a similar decision and decided to buy a set of:

Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 XL

I won't intentionally drive in snow or ice, but may get caught in it during road trips occasionally. I thought this tire was a good compromise between performance, comfort, winter safety, and cost. I will have a set of track rims/tires so ultimate performance out of this set wasn't necessary.

Have a good day!
Michael

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Assuming you are talking about light snow conditions when you drive, the standard Pirelli Zero Nero all-season have worked suitably for me. Take a look at my experience tonight here.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I need A/S just for Cold not wet/snow/ice driving to get me by for the winter.

Will only drive on nice (NO Moisture on streets) days...Then when spring hits back to the summer tires.

Thinking, why purchase high end tires for my situation?

I'm looking to get Yokohamas 2-255/40R19 2-275/40R19 delivered $850.00.

Before I pull the trigger, any opinion's?

Ryudo83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard EB PP 6-speed
Ive always been a big fan of Potenza RE970 A/S... i had them on my legacy gt and my GLI... really comfortable/quiet and worked great in the heavy Florida rain i ran them in. just not sure if they come in your size though

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I need A/S just for Cold not wet/snow/ice driving to get me by for the winter.

Will only drive on nice (NO Moisture on streets) days...Then when spring hits back to the summer tires.

Thinking, why purchase high end tires for my situation?

I'm looking to get Yokohamas 2-255/40R19 2-275/40R19 delivered $850.00.

Before I pull the trigger, any opinion's?

How cold is cold for you? Some guys think 30 degrees F is cold. Others think -30. You definition of cold will determine what you need.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Assuming you are talking about light snow conditions when you drive, the standard Pirelli Zero Nero all-season have worked suitably for me. Take a look at my experience tonight here.
The day I took delivery of my car, I got caught in a massive thunder storm in the middle of Long Island (my dealership is about a one hour drive from where i live). I had switched to snow/wet mode upon leaving and the difference was very apparent. I was definitely impressed.

While I'm not a fan of the standard Pirellis that come on the car, they have definitely been good to me in poor weather conditions (with both my '12 and '15 GTs).

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
How cold is cold for you? Some guys think 30 degrees F is cold. Others think -30. You definition of cold will determine what you need.
Nebraska Average High & Low temps...So one day could be -20 the next 50...

DEC: 36 / 16
JAN: 33 / 11
FEB: 38 / 16

NiddyGriddy

Threads
Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching out my p-zero summer tires for some all season. What do u guys recommend? I'm in Michigan and would love to drive my car on a sunny day in the winter. Thanks for the input!
I ordered the same as Tony. It was about 850 before shipping for me. I basically put in the tire size i needed then kept sorting by price. Based on the price shuffled through brands i'd heard of, brands I knew were good, and checked warranties. All things considered i was choosing between the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and the ones Tony Posted. I was just a choice of 12.5% more cost and 12.5% more warranty or just save that... I chose to save it. If money is no problem for you i'd jump to the Michelins though.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I just went through a similar decision and decided to buy a set of:

Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 XL

I won't intentionally drive in snow or ice, but may get caught in it during road trips occasionally. I thought this tire was a good compromise between performance, comfort, winter safety, and cost. I will have a set of track rims/tires so ultimate performance out of this set wasn't necessary.

Have a good day!
Michael
I'm going with these as well. I have Hankook on my truck and like them a lot, nice and quiet and perform well. In the Spring I'll get a new set of wheels and tires for Summer.