Aussie Exhausts

Rhodes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks Scott, I might visit a custom shop and get their thoughts on doing something similar if its possible!
Sponsored

Reactions: ssb

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Another big thank you to Fred from Vogtland Suspension. Ordered a Borla Touring Cat-back system last Wednesday, dispatched Thursday and delivered before 10am on Friday. Great advise and such a personalised, helpful service. Can highly recommend.

I had the system fitted today. Glad I went with the Touring, a very noticeable increase in noise with a great muscle car sound. Can now hear the exhaust with the windows up! Certainly wouldn't have wanted it to be any louder.

My pony has turned into a rebellious stallion! :clap2:

Who would have thought a collection of metal pipes could bring such happiness. :headbang:

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Here's a clip of the Ford Racingby Borla Sport axle backs with ford racing x pipe. Essentially a cat back exhaust. iPhones never capture audio very well but I'm 100% happy with the result

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
Here's a clip of the Ford Racingby Borla Sport axle backs with ford racing x pipe. Essentially a cat back exhaust. iPhones never capture audio very well but I'm 100% happy with the result

Sounds great! A good combination for sure.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Hey all, apologies if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if the exhaust option the dealerships are offering is the Ford by Borla Sport or Touring?

I test drove a GT the other week and the sales guy could answer my question..

Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Hey all, apologies if this has been answered already, but does anyone know if the exhaust option the dealerships are offering is the Ford by Borla Sport or Touring?

I believe that's a yes. Well over priced. It's a great sounding exhaust though, I'm very happy with my choice.

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I believe that's a yes. Well over priced. It's a great sounding exhaust though, I'm very happy with my choice.
You went with this option from the dealer? What did you pay? Do you have a soundclip??

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
You went with this option from the dealer? What did you pay? Do you have a soundclip??
No, I ordered the sport axle backs from Pony Parts Aus and the ford racing x pipe from eBay US and pieced it together to effectively create a catback. Except the stand alone ford racing x pipe is of higher quality than the x pipe that comes with the full cat back. Total cost was about $1750. Expensive but I prefer the look of the Ford Racing tips compared to Borla and love the sound. Scroll up a few posts and click the link to YouTube that I've provided. Not a great clip but gives you an idea. I specifically chose this exhaust because I like the raspy tone. A lot of people say the sport is loud, which is a relative term. I would say it's perfect for a daily driven car. Aggressive but not obnoxious and it's almost as quiet as stock if just cruising around.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder

The one offered by Ford is the same as the EU Touring. if you are looking at a BORLA system contact me on 03 9553 6915 or email [email protected]. We are BORLA distributors.

Last edited:

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Just want to say a big thank you to Fred from Vogtland Suspension. Took me for a spin in his Borla S Type equipped Mustang and this sealed the deal for me. I fitted the exhaust yesterday (Saturday) and haven't been able to get the smile off my face ever since. Sounds great under acceleration and quiet when at steady RPM's. Also no drone when in top gear. Overall very happy with it and would recommend it to any one else considering it. Just make sure you hear it in person both in and out of the car first to make sure you are happy with the noise level.
Cheers,
George H.
Hi George thank you for your comments. Since then we have added our RHD American Racing Headers with Green Cats and gained a super impressive 38HP over the previous setup and this is with NO TUNE with dyno figures both before and after install. We originally gained 20HP by switching the factory Exhaust to the BORLA 'S' Type and a further gain of 38HP adding the ARH headers for a total gain of nearly 60HP at the wheels with no tune and NO ERROR codes. Its all a matter of using the right combination and quality products.

Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Hi George thank you for your comments. Since then we have added our RHD American Racing Headers with Green Cats and gained a super impressive 38HP over the previous setup and this is with NO TUNE with dyno figures both before and after install. We originally gained 20HP by switching the factory Exhaust to the BORLA 'S' Type and a further gain of 38HP adding the ARH headers for a total gain of nearly 60HP at the wheels with no tune and NO ERROR codes. Its all a matter of using the right combination and quality products.
This is very interesting as I would have thought the repositioning of the cats would have triggered error codes for sure. Also interesting that the ECU is able to make the use of the improved flow and make more power without a tune. I assume you mean the car is still standard in this regard and hasn't had any changes to the tune even prior to the exhaust changes.

Can you comment on the way the motor behaves now, no surging etc...

How was the install? I know no header install is easy but...

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
This is very interesting as I would have thought the repositioning of the cats would have triggered error codes for sure. Also interesting that the ECU is able to make the use of the improved flow and make more power without a tune. I assume you mean the car is still standard in this regard and hasn't had any changes to the tune even prior to the exhaust changes.

Can you comment on the way the motor behaves now, no surging etc...

How was the install? I know no header install is easy but...
Its not about repositioning of the cats in as much as using a very high quality Hi Flow cat in fact our cats are probably 30% further away from what they originally were. We have worked with both American Racing Headers and also with Kooks to come up with the right combo. The ARH units are 1 3/4" primary pipes with the Green Cats perfect size for N/A motors. This combination lights the cats up very quickly and as such will not trigger off errors. It also means the car meets all local emission requirements. No one locally uses these cats due to the cost of them but it is what you need if you want to avoid putting in a tune. The old adage you get what you pay for.

Car is totally standard ie No Cold Air Intake, Std Tune no mods. Additions of Borla S Type Catback and American Racing Headers. I was told in the US that the Ford ECU does relearn and to allow about 600klms plus for it to make its necessary adjustments for the additional flow. Within reason of course.

There is definitely No Surge and the car drives exceptionally well, certainly feel the additional power. The headers have also made the car quieter around town under light throttle and somewhat louder under wide open throttle. Very quiet on the highway.

Install time under 5 hrs. We worked with Autotechnique on Ferntree Gully Road Knoxfield for the install and Phil there commented on the relative ease of installation. Their parent company is the HP Tuner distributor so they know a thing or two. They also provided back to back dyno testing results.

I will be doing an update shortly when our INJEN CAI kits arrive. I spent a good part of last week in the US looking for the best CAI and these came out tops and highly recommended by many of the Ford tuning shops there. This should give us another improvement and hopefully still no Tune required. The INJEN units are also easily modded to provide greater flow when putting in a tune. They have been designed to fit a stock 5.0 and not require a tune and also have a hidden section that allows you to mod it when you choose to do a tune and gain a big jump in HP.

If we were to put a tune in you would see some substantial gains but the aim of this excersize is to see what gains we can get without having to put in a tune that would then void your engine warranty.

Last edited:

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Its not about repositioning of the cats in as much as using a very high quality Hi Flow cat in fact our cats are probably 30% further away from what they originally were. We have worked with both American Racing Headers and also with Kooks to come up with the right combo. The ARH units are 1 3/4" primary pipes with the Green Cats perfect size for N/A motors. This combination lights the cats up very quickly and as such will not trigger off errors. It also means the car meets all local emission requirements. No one locally uses these cats due to the cost of them but it is what you need if you want to avoid putting in a tune. The old adage you get what you pay for.

Car is totally standard ie No Cold Air Intake, Std Tune no mods. Additions of Borla S Type Catback and American Racing Headers. I was told in the US that the Ford ECU does relearn and to allow about 600klms plus for it to make its necessary adjustments for the additional flow. Within reason of course.

There is definitely No Surge and the car drives exceptionally well, certainly feel the additional power. The headers have also made the car quieter around town under light throttle and somewhat louder under wide open throttle. Very quiet on the highway.

Install time under 5 hrs. We worked with Autotechnique on Ferntree Gully Road Knoxfield for the install and Phil there commented on the relative ease of installation. Their parent company is the HP Tuner distributor so they know a thing or two. They also provided back to back dyno testing results.

I will be doing an update shortly when our INJEN CAI kits arrive. I spent a good part of last week in the US looking for the best CAI and these came out tops and highly recommended by many of the Ford tuning shops there. This should give us another improvement and hopefully still no Tune required. The INJEN units are also easily modded to provide greater flow when putting in a tune. They have been designed to fit a stock 5.0 and not require a tune and also have a hidden section that allows you to mod it when you choose to do a tune and gain a big jump in HP.

If we were to put a tune in you would see some substantial gains but the aim of this excersize is to see what gains we can get without having to put in a tune that would then void your engine warranty.
Great info Fred.

You'll be retailing these headers and cats? I can't see anything on your site yet. Do you have any indicative pricing?

I really like that these are 1 3/4". Always thought 1 7/8" overkill for those that want to stay NA.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
We are BORLA distributors.
Are any of your cat backs supported on the Ecoboost 'vert?

All of them list Fastback, but then again your axle backs do too, and Im not aware of any axle back that doesn't support the 'vert.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Great info Fred.

You'll be retailing these headers and cats? I can't see anything on your site yet. Do you have any indicative pricing?

I really like that these are 1 3/4". Always thought 1 7/8" overkill for those that want to stay NA.
Hi OzS550 the pricing for the American Racing Headers will be $2750 including Hi Flow cats for those with a tune or doing a tune at time of fitment.
$3350 for headers including the Hi Flow Green Cats these will not require a tune at time of fitment, however will respond greatly with a tune as each of the Green Cats flows up to 500Hp ie a total of 1000Hp. They are ideal for the supercharged motors. All kits come complete with new gaskets, bolts, clamps and O2 extensions. They will marry straight up to either your standard factory exhaust or to most aftermarket systems such as Borla etc.
Sponsored