Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I've been for a couple more drives after the AWE Touring system was fitted.

The only downside is it is a bit loud on cold starts until the idle speed drops below 1000rpm - I usually head out about 6:45am. I keep it in "D" and just idle down my street.

After a few minutes and the car has warmed up it is a burble in the background.

Cruising at 80kmh and 100kmh with the windows up sees very little extra noise in the cabin but drop it back a couple of gears and it sounds great, in either "D" or "S" modes.

I have not detected any drone so far while cruising at 2000rpm or so.

A neighbours relative has just taken delivery of a 2017 Lightning Blue 5.0 (lovely colour!) and had a VAREX system fitted.

We compared exhausts, as guys do, and even when fully open the X-Force is quieter than the AWE at idle.

I'm a bit less self-conscious of this system now and love the sound.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Help!!

I have narrowed my choice down to a Borla system, mainly because of the stock looking exhaust tips. I'm having trouble deciding on a S-Type or Touring. My manual GT is mainly driven in low speed situations (café crawling :lol:) so I don't really want to be frightening pedestrians just letting the clutch out.

I pretty sure that I want a cat-back. Has anyone fitted a S-type with the Borla resonator, or is that basically a Touring system?

As you can probably tell, this is the first time I have dabbled in modding so any words of advice will be greatly appreciated.

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
I have a Borla S type cat back. If you are in Sydney happy for you to hear mine in real life

The majority of my driving is open roads

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Help!!

I have narrowed my choice down to a Borla system, mainly because of the stock looking exhaust tips. I'm having trouble deciding on a S-Type or Touring. My manual GT is mainly driven in low speed situations (café crawling :lol:) so I don't really want to be frightening pedestrians just letting the clutch out.

I pretty sure that I want a cat-back. Has anyone fitted a S-type with the Borla resonator, or is that basically a Touring system?

As you can probably tell, this is the first time I have dabbled in modding so any words of advice will be greatly appreciated.
S type Catback here, it's unreal:headbang:

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Don't get an S-Type, everyone has one :p

That said... if you're in low speed situations, you won't hear much more than stock.

I'd consider just getting an X-Pipe, it will mean it up a bit, lighten it a bit, and costs next to nothing.

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
X Force Varex Catback installed
20031931_1837765036239468_5209832375476555175_n.jpg

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
control box is fitted under the battery cover, with remote control fob in the car.

Rhodes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi guys, is anyone else running the X-force full engine back system with 1inch lowered springs? I just had the exhaust fitted and it's scraping now when it didn't before. Is there any adjustments in these systems? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Hi guys, is anyone else running the X-force full engine back system, with 1inch lower springs? Just had the exhaust fitted and scraping now when it didn't before. Is there any adjustments in these systems? And help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Not me - running the Borla, but my installer noticed that the exhaust clamps allowed the pipes to sag a bit so they put on some tack welds to hold it up. May be an easy solution for the X-force as well?

Polystang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang - Race Red, Manual Fastback GT
Just want to say a big thank you to Fred from Vogtland Suspension. Took me for a spin in his Borla S Type equipped Mustang and this sealed the deal for me. I fitted the exhaust yesterday (Saturday) and haven't been able to get the smile off my face ever since. Sounds great under acceleration and quiet when at steady RPM's. Also no drone when in top gear. Overall very happy with it and would recommend it to any one else considering it. Just make sure you hear it in person both in and out of the car first to make sure you are happy with the noise level.
Cheers,
George H.

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
After my custom H-pipe install the other day, I'm now thinking of getting a Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back since it sounds quite nice from the sound clips and Youtube videos I've seen/heard.

Does anyone in Aus have these and are they able to shed some light on them?

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
After my custom H-pipe install the other day, I'm now thinking of getting a Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Back since it sounds quite nice from the sound clips and Youtube videos I've seen/heard.

Does anyone in Aus have these and are they able to shed some light on them?
Fitting that Pypes axle back without the factory resonator would be EPA/cop bait for sure.

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
Fitting that Pypes axle back without the factory resonator would be EPA/cop bait for sure.
Technically the Pypes axle back are not just straight pipes and have a resonator/tip all in one package, so it's not like I'm going completely muffler/resonator free.

Having said that though, yes, the noise will be interesting :eyebulge:
Sponsored