petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
In my ST, the map SD card needs to be in if you want to use navi... Haven't tried with any other SD card, but I'm pretty sure there's an SD card audio mode... I'll give it a try after work.
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Do we know yet if the the MFT system has a hard drive? I know it did when first introduced, but I haven't heard any mention of it in recent dissuasions. Be nice to have some confirmation or refutation. It says it can index 15,000 songs, but it implies that it is referring to an attached device.

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
I don't have confirmation but I'm going to take a stab and say they removed the HDD from the 2015 models. I remember reading that Ford had some legal issues with the recording industry because the cars could rip music. Instead of being a jukebox, its accused of being piracy on wheels. I think that's crazy though, car owners are listening to music in their cars - not duplicating and profiting from the music on the HDD. Another frivolous lawsuit that takes something good away.

Sponsored

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I kinda of suspected that it had been removed. The system needs memory to store your address book, nav data, etc. A hard drive was the best solution if it was going pull your music from your phone or iPod, but now that RAM is so cheap, I would rather have 100 GB of RAM in the dash than a hard drive. My dad's Jeep still has a hard drive in it (2012 or 2013) so they haven't disappeared completely.
I'd like to store a good portion of my music library in the car itself. I'm not a fan of streaming everything for extended periods of time, but that may be what we have to do, whether it is Bluetooth wireless, or with a hard connection to the phone or iPod.

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
A hard drive was the best solution if it was going pull your music from your phone or iPod, but now that RAM is so cheap, I would rather have 100 GB of RAM in the dash than a hard drive.
100 GB RAM won't do you any good. RAM does not store the data. It holds the data temporarily and provide the access to CPU at much faster rate than a harddrive can.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
100 GB RAM won't do you any good. RAM does not store the data. It holds the data temporarily and provide the access to CPU at much faster rate than a harddrive can.
I'm thinking more like a RAM drive. Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. :eek: It would, of course, make it a bit more expensive, but I would think for about $150 (volume purchasing) they could include an SSD of about 250GB.

Sponsored

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm thinking more like a RAM drive. Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. :eek: It would, of course, make it a bit more expensive, but I would think for about $150 (volume purchasing) they could include an SSD of about 250GB.
Ah, you should have said SSD. ;)

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
My 2012 Mustang with Navi has the ability to store music internally. The only issue is you have to pull it from CD. It will not pull from USB.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Interesting that the door speakers will no longer be subwoofers. Not that the door subs in the current car are all that great, but they are hardly the weak link in the current system. My guess is that the 9 speaker cars will be desperately crying out for a trunk-mounted sub. Also, hopefully the speakers can easily be swapped out for aftermarket, and that access to the rear speakers in the coupes will be easier than is currently the case.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
It's the little bubble at the back of the roof.

little humps like that are normally for GPS and Sat radio and maybe AM. The GTI's w/ a sharkfin still have the antenna in the rear window and use the fin for other stuff. But still not entirely sure how they are going to work it with the stang.
Sponsored