Sponsored

Audio Systems for 2015

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Interesting that the door speakers will no longer be subwoofers. Not that the door subs in the current car are all that great, but they are hardly the weak link in the current system. My guess is that the 9 speaker cars will be desperately crying out for a trunk-mounted sub. Also, hopefully the speakers can easily be swapped out for aftermarket, and that access to the rear speakers in the coupes will be easier than is currently the case.
My thoughts exactly...really disappointed that the only way to get a sub is to spend 2 grand (!!) on the memory seat/BLIS package. Forgive me for saying so but a single memory seat/mirrors and blind spot indicators on a car with perfectly good spotter mirrors is just a rip. Worse is that we are already paying a big premium for the premium trim, which used to have dual door subs. Now you have to throw more money out for overkill. Aftermarket is the way to go IMO, just a simple enclosure with a modest sub

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Is this old data or a typo? I thought I had read that there was a new version of the AppLink software that was going to be included on the premium sound system version of the Mustang MFT?

Hard to believe after all these years they may STILL not have AppLink on the MFT system. So the upgraded system may actually be a downgrade in features.
Ford is ditching the microsoft based system altogether and going for one that is QNX based, which is a Blackberry subsidiary already powering BMW, VW, GM, Jag, LR, Audi, and even Chrysler. Its possible that they decided not to spend all the development money on Applink on MFT if they are going to start from scratch soon.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...berry-s-qnx-for-microsoft-in-sync-system.html

According to this article on the new Edge, the new software SHOULD be able to be retrofitted on older MFT's, however the article only cites this ability with the new Edge and it is quite possible the Edge may have updated hardware
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-ford-edge-official-photos-and-info-news

It would be very helpful for a Ford rep to weigh in on this matter so we can confirm if MFT is still worth buying? :thumbsup:

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure, but it's nice having +2000 songs on hand and add a flash drive if you want.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
What is the capacity? How many songs can it hold?
Sorry I guess they changed it and they no longer use a HDD? But from a little research it seems you can still play from a USB stick/SD Card or USB HDD formatted in Fat32

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No problem thanks Brent302

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Sponsored

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Has anyone heard the 9 or 12 speaker shaker systems yet?

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Has anyone heard the 9 or 12 speaker shaker systems yet?
I want to know the same thing. Well I already ordered it so I'm stuck with it. :doh:
Sponsored