Sponsored

Are you considering other cars besides the 2015 Mustang?

Will you cross-shop the 2015 Mustang?

• Total voters

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
For those who will be in the market for a new car in the near future, will you be shopping other cars besides the 2015 Mustang? I was just curious to see what particular cars people would be cross-shopping against the S550, including the current gen Mustang.

I answered yes. I have a couple other cars in mind. I really like the 2015 GTI I saw at the auto show and also the new WRX and STI if I feel like going back to a sedan.
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I've had 2 S197s and couldn't wait for the IRS to come out. I will be ordering when the convertible is available.

Jonny11Quest

Threads
Reaction score
I need to drive anything before I buy, but right now my prioritized list is:

15 Mustang, used rwd/awd manual (G35/BMW/Audi 90/etc), 14 BRZ, or 15 WRX

I would really like the new Mustang, so I hope it drives as good as it looks. Otherwise I'll probably go used.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Small list. There's nothing that wows me out right now.

S550 after the HiPo comes out and after driving it.
Toybaru GT86 if they put more power in it.
Mazda RX-Replacement whenever it comes out seems interesting.
Nissan iDX, Toyota FT-1 or the Kia GT4 Stinger concepts greatly interest me. I would love to see the production versions if/when they come out.

I'm set for the 'practical' car.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Even though I love my 2013, I'm always looking for something. I'm not a fan of the S550, so I'm hoping the next challenger is lighter by alot.

Sponsored

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
I hope the next gen Camaro would be offered in RHD!

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
I'm looking at the next svt or Shelby and the corvette either loaded stingray or zo6. I think it depends on if I'm gonna be willing to spend 100,000 on a loaded z06

GTsquid

I'm not a fan of the S550
You realize this is an S550 site right? I just don't get some of you guys.

As of now, the only other car I would consider over a 2015 mustang is a 2016/2017. I'm talking about the refresh with presumably new powertrain and transmission.

If by some miracle I can afford the SVT, that would be on the list too. I would consider a 2014 if for some unforeseen reason I test drive the 2015 and hate it. Can't fathom that happening.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
The all new 2015 Audi A3 or S3, and of course the 2015 Mustang EcoBoost w/Perf Pack

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
'15 Mustang GT is on the list but I'd need to drive one first. If not New Mustang, I'll go with used one of these. BMW 3&6 series, Mercedes E550, Audi S5/S6.. etc Sporty? or Luxury? I've always liked and wanted to own a Mustang. I am hoping I can scratch it off of my bucket list come this fall.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Not really, the only other real consideration I would make is like Dirk mentioned. Either Mazda's new RX- model or possibly Toyota's next gen supra if price isn't ridiculous, but actually the rumor of Toyota bringing back the MR-2 has me more intrigued.

But in reality I'm pretty much set on the new Mustang in GT or 350 form. Most likely the former. Or... I will go the more economical route. Which I will only do if for some reason financially a mustang wouldn't be a good Idea. As of right now it doesn't look like it'll be problem.

OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
You realize this is an S550 site right? I just don't get some of you guys.

As of now, the only other car I would consider over a 2015 mustang is a 2016/2017. I'm talking about the refresh with presumably new powertrain and transmission.

If by some miracle I can afford the SVT, that would be on the list too. I would consider a 2014 if for some unforeseen reason I test drive the 2015 and hate it. Can't fathom that happening.

It's alright to entertain other options and keep an open mind. The S550 is definitely my front runner, but I would be willing to sacrifice some performance if I found a car that had the right mix of performance, quality, and price.

There's nothing wrong with due diligence when it comes to buying an item as expensive as a car, particularly if you are going to be making payments for the next 3-7 years.

Typhoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' Typhoon, 16' WRX
Still keeping the options open, there are alot of other cars in that price range that I may rather own.
Sponsored