Sponsored

Anyone who ordered before May price increase ...

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Ford trying it on would be my belief as it happens all the time. Some folk will just pay up.

Question...what would you do if Ford insist on the price as at actual order date of 27/5/15?
I don't think they are smart enough to try it on. Just auto pilot admin cock up.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Ford trying it on would be my belief as it happens all the time. Some folk will just pay up.

Question...what would you do if Ford insist on the price as at actual order date of 27/5/15?
I officially ordered 15/04/15 anyway so that's before the 1st increase. UCL cars were price protected anyway

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yeah, I placed my order on 22/2 however I did make changes to that order after the price increase. I have a morbid fascination with what they might try.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
I placed my order 7th May, before the increase. Shortly after the increase the dealer rang to confirm my spec saying that changes to spec after that time would result in the new higher price. My spec hasnt altered, so he had better remember the conversation!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I placed my order 7th May, before the increase. Shortly after the increase the dealer rang to confirm my spec saying that changes to spec after that time would result in the new higher price. My spec hasnt altered, so he had better remember the conversation!
No mention of this from my dealer but I can see it being the case. Will maybe drop him another email re: price however still waiting on an answer to the last one so breath will not be held.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There were two price increases.

The GT was £32,995 until May. The it went to £33,005. I think around July it then rocketed to £33,995.

I'm either paying £32,995 or £33,005 - not overly sure, but its only a tenna. I am going to be a little bit of a prick if they try to charge me the £34k, however. :lol:

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
In Ford's own t&c's it states that the price remains at the amount it was when ordered as long as the car is accepted within 3 months.

If however the car takes longer to arrive, which is down to Ford, the price still remains the same.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
The price list says: "Ford's Price Protection Plan means that the price you pay is the same as the price on your order as long as you are prepared to accept delivery within three months, and in any event, as soon as your vehicle is
available. Your Dealer has full details of the plan. Ford Motor Company Ltd is not liable for changes in price caused by Government changes in tax rates or changes in other applicable legislation."

So you have to pay the new VED rated regardless. I guess it depends how you read this; if delivery is not available within 3 months does that mean price protection might not apply..? I am prepared to take delivery within 3 months, but it is taking a year for Ford to get it to me!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Hi folks.....lets put this one to bed..:)

I emailed Karen this morning and asked for clarification on this subject...

The reply was that you definitely pay the price that was current on the day you placed your order at the dealers....

Here is a copy of my query and Karen's reply......she's given me permission to post it up:thumbsup:

My question....

Hi Karen....

It's me again.... Quick question. There's a thread on one of the Mustang forums regarding a dealer telling a customer that he'll have to pay the new increased price of his car when it arrives....
Other customers have chipped in to say that this isn't correct, and you pay the price of the car when from when you placed your order..

Can you clarify??

Regards

Andy

Karen's reply

Afternoon Andy

You absolutely pay the price of the vehicle at the point of contract which is when your order was placed. If you can possible send me the string or casually find out the customer/dealer I can put them right.

KR
Karen

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Hi folks.....lets put this one to bed..:)

I emailed Karen this morning and asked for clarification on this subject...

The reply was that you definitely pay the price that was current on the day you placed your order at the dealers....

Here is a copy of my query and Karen's reply......she's given me permission to post it up:thumbsup:

My question....

Hi Karen....

It's me again.... Quick question. There's a thread on one of the Mustang forums regarding a dealer telling a customer that he'll have to pay the new increased price of his car when it arrives....
Other customers have chipped in to say that this isn't correct, and you pay the price of the car when from when you placed your order..

Can you clarify??

Regards

Andy

Karen's reply

Afternoon Andy

You absolutely pay the price of the vehicle at the point of contract which is when your order was placed. If you can possible send me the string or casually find out the customer/dealer I can put them right.

KR
Karen
What Karen is obviously unaware of then is whatever system Ford use to allocate the invoice, its generated it at current list price and not the price at the point of order. The dealer has said he'll need to contact someone at head office to get it rectified.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Does Vista not show all orders placed on or before 27th May as placed on 27th May? That would explain why when an invoice is generated it used the increased price. This could be easily fixed however what I'm curious about is whether each change of spec changes the "contract" date. My dealer referred to each change I made as "i'll contract you with satnav..." for example.

If it was the date the deposit was paid then great.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
What Karen is obviously unaware of then is whatever system Ford use to allocate the invoice, its generated it at current list price and not the price at the point of order. The dealer has said he'll need to contact someone at head office to get it rectified.
I think it is more likely to be the system using "current list price at the time the order was loaded into the (proper) Ford system" which was probably after the 27th May price list was released; I think I got the call from my dealer in the first week of June which was when she had to "finalise" the order in the system...

And I can guarantee that Karen (and Andy B for that matter) aren't fully aware of these nuances in their systems!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I sent Karen a link to this thread....not sure if she's read it or not, but her reply seemed clear enough to me, in that, whatever the price was on the day you walked into your dealer and placed your deposit, that is the price you pay come delivery...:cheers:

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
If Ford can't come up with a car within 3 months then it's their problem. The t&c's are just to stop people ordering a car but not wanting it within 3 months.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I can absolutely confirm that the price at the day of order is the price you pay. I've just finalized payment details with my dealer and the final invoice is exactly according to the price when I ordered the car in early May, ie before the price hike. I even asked him specifically about this, because I don't want any surprises come delivery day, and he said he was absolutely guaranteeing that the price on the day I ordered, is the price I would end up paying, regardless of the increase.

Looks like all is well, lads ;)
Sponsored