Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
So I've really been leaning into a VMP supercharger . I love what I've been hearing . Problem is my warranty . I'm covered until 2026 . And the only option I have is Roush . However I've heard alot of people saying that Roush is very underwhelming ? I watched Matt Farah drive a roush supercharged car and he said it felt like stock .
Does anyone here have any personal experience to add here ?
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
You only get the warranty with the roush if it is dealer installed and with their very conservative tune and they are set up for a lower boost level. If you put on a smaller pulley to up the boost or change the tune for more power you kiss the warranty bye bye. The roush can make tons of power just like the VMP, you just have to spend the extra for a smaller pulley and a custom tune. Add in the extras to the cost of the roush and then decide which one is right for you.

FYI, the roush and the VMP are roots style superchargers where as the whipple is a twin screw design. The main difference is a roots does the compressing of air in the blower itself, and a twin screw just blows it thru and the compressing takes place in the manifold. Also the roots tends to impart more heatsoak than a twin screw does and they start to lose efficiency at higher boost levels a lot sooner than a twin screw does.

If it were me I would get a twin screw style over a roots and the largest displacement you can get the better. A larger blower needs less rpm or a larger pulley to make the same boost, but because it takes less HP to turn it, you get more power to the rear wheels

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
VMP is the way to go for PD IMHO. Whipple a very close second. I have looked into upgrading the inferior Roush 2300 to a VMP Gen 3 2.65 head unit. Would not even have a Roush on this car if it had not already been on it when I bought it. But I just missed a deal on a 17 with a Whipple setup and this was my second option. But I first have t finish a media room in the basement i promised my wife 10 years ago I would do if she would get her junk out of it. Well she did that this holiday season so now I am committed to that first.

The Roush package without a good tune is crap. I made that mistake. Soon after corrected it.

If you wanted to mod your car - 1.) you should not have paid for an extended warranty 2.) you should have bought used and used the savings for mods.

The Roush warranty is only 36/36 and is from the date you bought the car and based on the mileage on the car when it was sold new. So if you have had the car a year, and put 15000 miles on it, your 36/36 warranty from Roush will only cover you another 21000 miles and two more years.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
all you need is the dealer or a certified mechanic to do the install but it’s really a non issue because the warranty is only good 3 years from the date you drove it brand new off the lot. It’s completely separate from whatever warranty you have thru Ford and it along with any SC will void your power train warranty and is only replaced by the Roush warranty which on,y covers a certain amount. Just Set aside money for a new engine if you want a an SC. Let that be your warranty for your power train. Everything else will be covered. Btw, Id also look at VMP’s gen3. Nice sc.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
My car is a 2017 with 35,000k on it . But I have bumper to bumper warranty on it until 2026 or I believe 200,000 km on the car

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My car is a 2017 with 35,000k on it . But I have bumper to bumper warranty on it until 2026 or I believe 200,000 km on the car
has nothing to do with the Roush warranty. Adding any sc will immediately void the powertrain warranty and replace it with the for example the Roush powertrain warranty. Which is only good for at best another 1000 miles. Depending on when you bought he car

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Don’t buy a giant blower if you’re not going to utilize it to where it wants to be. Bigger compressors running smaller boost levels suck. It’s a waste of money and won’t make you any more power. A 2300 with good fuel/octane and supporting mods, will make you 750-800 crank HP and be happy doing it. If you think you want more than 750hp, then go with a 2650.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Where in Canada are you from?

Power train warranty will be null and void with the blower and as others have said, the 3/36 starts when the actual car was first registered. You should be able to see the in service date in the Ford Pass app.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
I'm in Ontario right now. Really I want a blower that is going to hit hard , and from what I'm understanding and seeing its the VMP

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Don’t buy a giant blower if you’re not going to utilize it to where it wants to be. Bigger compressors running smaller boost levels suck. It’s a waste of money and won’t make you any more power. A 2300 with good fuel/octane and supporting mods, will make you 750-800 crank HP and be happy doing it. If you think you want more than 750hp, then go with a 2650.
You got it. I'm right in that horsepower range and happier than a pig in the mud. I never had the Roush calibration or was concerned about the warranty because I wanted to feel the potential of this 2300 blower. Not to be held back. It hits hard if I want it to, and comes on super smooth when I want it to.

Sponsored

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
I have a 2016 GT with the Roush Phase 2 kit. Roush claims 727 crank horsepower on 91 octane. I drive it daily. It makes plenty of power for my needs. I eventually had it dyno tuned by a reputable shop in San Diego. They have a Mustang dyno and told me I could add 20% to their dyno numbers (623 whp)to equal what a Dynojet would read. Even with better tires it will break loose in the first two gears and sometimes third gear too. It drives smoothly with no issues whatsoever. I've had the Roush kit on it for a year now. I'm running 10.1 lbs of boost with the tune I have now. I don't feel the need for a smaller pulley or bigger injectors since 91 octane is the best I can do here. I'm not willing to add Boostane to every tank or go E85. We all have our preferences and the Roush kit is working fine for me. Hope you get a kit that suits your needs.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I appreciate everyone's help and responses !

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I have a 2016 GT with the Roush Phase 2 kit. Roush claims 727 crank horsepower on 91 octane. I drive it daily. It makes plenty of power for my needs. I eventually had it dyno tuned by a reputable shop in San Diego. They have a Mustang dyno and told me I could add 20% to their dyno numbers (623 whp)to equal what a Dynojet would read. Even with better tires it will break loose in the first two gears and sometimes third gear too. It drives smoothly with no issues whatsoever. I've had the Roush kit on it for a year now. I'm running 10.1 lbs of boost with the tune I have now. I don't feel the need for a smaller pulley or bigger injectors since 91 octane is the best I can do here. I'm not willing to add Boostane to every tank or go E85. We all have our preferences and the Roush kit is working fine for me. Hope you get a kit that suits your needs.
Eljay52, I’m also in SoCal. Do you have a gas brand preference for your straight 91?

Eljay52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium, MT, Ford racing x-pipe Roush Phase 2.
Eljay52, I’m also in SoCal. Do you have a gas brand preference for your straight 91?
I work on a military installation so I can buy gas there. The price for 91 octane on Friday was $3.59. I don't know if it's top tier, but I've had no problems. I'd use Shell or Chevron as an alternative.
Sponsored