Sponsored

Anyone replace their euro sports car with a GT350?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Big mofo'ing difference.... :D

Hey just having fun with you, [MENTION=15074]ncrisis[/MENTION] :cheers:

OP
OP

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
You nailed it. baege also posts on planet-9.com, seems like a nice guy. But his car-switching tendencies borders on pathological (he had a thread there not too long ago asking about used Gallardos).

B, GT350 should be an awesome car by all accounts, but I'm willing to bet that even if passes your initial impressions (unlike the C7), you'll get bored of it as you have your other cars.

I think you need to invest in one of those track or road drives with an exotic car club that lets you take different cars out whenever you want. Not cheap, but likely a lot less expensive than what you'd otherwise do. :)

Now now, don't sling mud at those of us who only have the means to replace their stable rather than add to it ;)

I've thought about the car club thing, but it doesn't exist in the GTA and besides it doesn't offer you the freedom that comes with having your own car at your disposal.

It's true that I will get bored with whatever I replace the 981 with, but I'll enjoy the honeymoon period just like I did with the 981 :D

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
which one would you pick if you could only have one as your road car (just for pleasure drives, not commuting)?
My GT350 is a daily driver and I currently wouldn't change that for anything. The car is just, well, it is just truly and seriously fun.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
2011 Prius to a gt350 track pack
I suggested a GT350 to Al Gore because it has a much smaller carbon footprint than his private jets.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Now now, don't sling mud at those of us who only have the means to replace their stable rather than add to it ;)

I've thought about the car club thing, but it doesn't exist in the GTA and besides it doesn't offer you the freedom that comes with having your own car at your disposal.

It's true that I will get bored with whatever I replace the 981 with, but I'll enjoy the honeymoon period just like I did with the 981 :D
Dude, I promise you I am not/will not "sling mud" as you put it. I know you were probably just yanking my chain :), but you are a "serial dater" as it were. Stop marrying every pretty girl you see.... just take one out for date and cop a feel, then move on. ;)

I just hope whatever car you do have is something that can keep you happy for a long long time. :cheers:

OP
OP

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
Dude, I promise you I am not/will not "sling mud" as you put it. I know you were probably just yanking my chain :), but you are a "serial dater" as it were. Stop marrying every pretty girl you see.... just take one out for date and cop a feel, then move on. ;)

I just hope whatever car you do have is something that can keep you happy for a long long time. :cheers:
I wish car polygamy were an option for me like it is for you:D

cheers on the best wishes, look forward to your review of the gt350 when you get yours

:cheers:

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
I wish car polygamy were an option for me like it is for you:D

cheers on the best wishes, look forward to your review of the gt350 when you get yours

:cheers:
Hold on, kemosabe. At this point, I can't say with certainty I'm getting anything. I have a very real obstacle in my way, called the Bank of Wifey.

That, and I have to decide if I want another car to be more removed or closer in purpose to the GTS (I.e. Do I want a canyon carving GT350 or do I want a grand tourer/proper muscle car SRT 392?).

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Unless you want extra heft and 4 doors, I cant see why the SRT car would be any more suited for touring than the GT350, especially if you add the electronics pack

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Unless you want extra heft and 4 doors, I cant see why the SRT car would be any more suited for touring than the GT350, especially if you add the electronics pack
If you drive a Challenger, you will find that they lay on the road very nicely. That heft and size does have an advantage on the highway in smoothness.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
In normal mode I find the GT350 extremely smooth and quiet, but alas I have not driven a challenger/charger to compare.

jooyoung99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT350
How do they compare?

-T
I have both + C7 Z06. My favorite by far is GT4. I've had it since August last year and definitely the most fun car at a track. I really like the GT350, but I have to get used to the size, weight and balance. I hate the Z06. It's fast even when not pushing it so hard. But I hate the 7 speed manual, seats, over-heating issue, and old men looking at me and giving me the thumbs up. I would definitely keep my GT4 and GT350 for at least few years until warranty runs out. I'm going back with track wheels and cup 2s, camber plates (-2.2 camber and 7 caster), Motul 660 brake fluids and new pads. Hoping to so under 2 minutes.

One thing that GT350 is better than any car I drove is how easy to control the car at the limit. I found that out last weekend at the track attack. It feels like you have extra .5 second for correction before you spin out. Can't get much better than that.

Lap times at BW 13CW:

1. C7 Z06 (Non-Z07): 1:57
2. GT4: 1:59
3. GT350: 2:05 (bad brakes that day, hoping for <2 min next time).

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Big mofo'ing difference.... :D

Hey just having fun with you, @ncrisis :cheers:
Assuming my recently placed order goes through, that is what the inside of my garage will look like next year (my wife drives a Prius)! :ninja:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I have both + C7 Z06. My favorite by far is GT4. I've had it since August last year and definitely the most fun car at a track. I really like the GT350, but I have to get used to the size, weight and balance. I hate the Z06. It's fast even when not pushing it so hard. But I hate the 7 speed manual, seats, over-heating issue, and old men looking at me and giving me the thumbs up. I would definitely keep my GT4 and GT350 for at least few years until warranty runs out. I'm going back with track wheels and cup 2s, camber plates (-2.2 camber and 7 caster), Motul 660 brake fluids and new pads. Hoping to so under 2 minutes.

One thing that GT350 is better than any car I drove is how easy to control the car at the limit. I found that out last weekend at the track attack. It feels like you have extra .5 second for correction before you spin out. Can't get much better than that.

Lap times at BW 13CW:

1. C7 Z06 (Non-Z07): 1:57
2. GT4: 1:59
3. GT350: 2:05 (bad brakes that day, hoping for <2 min next time).

Good feedback, Joo... and we have similar cars! :D

I don't hate my Z06 but I'm not shackled by it neither... it's a beast obviously, a one-hit wonder on the track, and has pluses and minuses. If it was over-engineered to not be temperamental then it would get a solid grade A, IMHO. YMMV.

I have been on a hunt for a new GT4 (at sticker) for over a year and actually working on a lead.... I had a build before but the Sport Buckets were on constraint and I had to pass it up if I wasn't going to opt for the standard seats. If luck & all works out I may have a nicely equipped new Carmine Red soon w/ lightweight buckets. :thumbsup:
Sponsored