Sponsored

Am I the only who is disappointed?

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
What would the side vent s do ????????? Are you kidding me!!!
As with all Porsches and race cars the side vent feed cool air to the back breaks . . . sorry if you don't get that?!
The rear intakes on most Porsches supply air to the engine/charge air coolers.. not the brakes.
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It appears you still dont get it.
im not sure what you are referring to not getting. someone said vents are for x y z. 911's have intercoolers placed there, rear engine turbo car, where else are they going to go?

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
vents let air OUT.
im not sure what you are referring to not getting. someone said vents are for x y z. 911's have intercoolers placed there, rear engine turbo car, where else are they going to go?
I think he's trying to argue semantics.. but if you look up the definition for vent:

vent
Dictionary result for vent
/vent/
noun
noun: vent; plural noun: vents
  1. 1.
    an opening that allows air, gas, or liquid to pass out of or into a confined space.
    synonyms: outlet, inlet, opening, aperture, vent hole, hole, gap, orifice, space, cavity, cleft, slit,pore, port; More

All I know is fake vent = bad

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I think he's trying to argue semantics.. but if you look up the definition for vent:

vent
/vent/
noun
  1. 1.
    an opening that allows air, gas, or liquid to pass out of or into a confined space.
    synonyms: outlet, inlet, opening, aperture, vent hole, hole, gap, orifice, space, cavity, cleft, slit,pore, port; More

Fake vent NOT = Vent

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

vent
/vent/
noun
  1. 1.
Vents let air OUT. An air conditioning "vent" lets air OUT of a duct "into" a room (or confined space). The "into" is the escape of fast moving air out of a duct, not necessarily the act of going "into" something.

Voodoo is confusing an air INLET or Scoop (NACA ducts are also inlets) at the front fenders that let air IN to the duct feeding the intercoolers. From there, the air VENTS out of the vent behind the rear wheels.

Inlets are not Vents. Spoilers are not Wings/airfoils.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vents let air OUT. An air conditioning "vent" lets air OUT of a duct "into" a room (or confined space). The "into" is the escape of fast moving air out of a duct, not necessarily the act of going "into" something.

Voodoo is confusing an air INLET or Scoop (NACA ducts are also inlets) at the front fenders that let air IN to the duct feeding the intercoolers. From there, the air VENTS out of the vent behind the rear wheels.

Inlets are not Vents. Spoilers are not Wings/airfoils.
"or into"

yes, hes arguing semantics at this point.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I'm sorry but there is nothing special with this GT 500. It's even less special when you compare it to everything else that is already out there. In my opinion, Ford dropped the ball BIG TIME! I don't think anyone has to worry about huge dealer mark ups on this "special stang".
Guess it depends on how one looks at it. For me, buy perf. Pack level 2, add whipple and you have already a faster car. Plus you just saved probably 30-50K. I guess i am agreeing with you. No true innovation with the gt500, BUT! Thank goodness they are making it! And possibly with a manual to come later. Will be interesting to see how the hybrid/electric stang fares.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Guess it depends on how one looks at it. For me, buy perf. Pack level 2, add whipple and you have already a faster car. Plus you just saved probably 30-50K.
On the flip side that PP2(50K) plus Whipple(15K with labor, fuel system,add ons, pulleys, oil gear, upgraded half shafts and so on) you're at 65K....The minute you do all that your resale is at about 35K with even a few miles on the odo....
2020 GT 500(100-110K, likely) with a pulley swap, intake and tune will be faster than your 35K PP GT and probably even drag a Demons ass with a set of DR's on the back....Switch back to the CF wheels and it's within a shadow of even the most expensive supercars in the world on a road course/track....And it'll still be worth over 80% of it's MSRP for the next 5 plus years....just sayin value isn't always that simple.
Sponsored