Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
On the flip side that PP2(50K) plus Whipple(15K with labor, fuel system,add ons, pulleys, oil gear, upgraded half shafts and so on) you're at 65K....The minute you do all that your resale is at about 35K with even a few miles on the odo....
2020 GT 500(100-110K, likely) with a pulley swap, intake and tune will be faster than your 35K PP GT and probably even drag a Demons ass with a set of DR's on the back....Switch back to the CF wheels and it's within a shadow of even the most expensive supercars in the world on a road course/track....And it'll still be worth over 80% of it's MSRP for the next 5 plus years....just sayin value isn't always that simple.
I don't think anyone's really arguing the value aspect... Like, of course, if you care about how much your car is going to be worth when you let it go, then yeah, the one that says "Shelby" may be the better choice. But on a raw performance basis, there really isn't all that much innovative tech on this GT500... at least NOTHING like how advanced the GT350 was when it first came out
Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
I don't think anyone's really arguing the value aspect... Like, of course, if you care about how much your car is going to be worth when you let it go, then yeah, the one that says "Shelby" may be the better choice. But on a raw performance basis, there really isn't all that much innovative tech on this GT500... at least NOTHING like how advanced the GT350 was when it first came out
I agree with what you're saying to a degree but if they had done something like a mid engine or AWD then that would have pushed the price tag up into the ZR1 range and higher for a mid engine version....I'm just not sure what the car is missing? For me it has everything I would want or expect as long as it isn't well above $100K.

I should add I will not be one who rushes out to buy one of these cars if the ADM's are just stupid high. I also doubt I'll ever race or track one if I do get it....hell I don't race the Shelby that I currently own. For me it's all about having a bad ass nice looking ride to hop to the store on the weekend, drive to work a few times a month and mostly stand back and admire it while I down a few cold ones after washing it in the driveway... :beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just not sure what the car is missing? For me it has everything I would want or expect as long as it isn't well above $100K.
Personally, I would've liked for the car to have some revised bodywork to fit a bit more front and rear tire to accommodate the extra weight, a manual option, some active aero, more carbon fiber bits (I know Ford has been experimenting with a carbon composite subframe, I thought for sure that would make it's way to this car)... This one is a longshot, but a transaxle would've been nice. I would've even been able to accept the "DCT only" if it were a transaxle.

And finally, it seems I'm the minority on this one, but I still wish they would've gone with a 2018+ based front end. This front end just isn't visually appealing for me, and I feel like if the GT500 would've used the 2018 front end, it would've supplemented sales for the standard models (the same thing happened with the GT350... as soon as it was released, all the people who previously hated the S550 suddenly thought it looked pretty good). I'm sure there are some other things, but considering the GT500 seems to be not much more than a GT350 with a blower, DCT, and minor aero work, I'm not all that impressed

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Personally, I would've liked for the car to have some revised bodywork to fit a bit more front and rear tire to accommodate the extra weight, a manual option, some active aero, more carbon fiber bits (I know Ford has been experimenting with a carbon composite subframe, I thought for sure that would make it's way to this car)... This one is a longshot, but a transaxle would've been nice. I would've even been able to accept the "DCT only" if it were a transaxle.

And finally, it seems I'm the minority on this one, but I still wish they would've gone with a 2018+ based front end. This front end just isn't visually appealing for me, and I feel like if the GT500 would've used the 2018 front end, it would've supplemented sales for the standard models (the same thing happened with the GT350... as soon as it was released, all the people who previously hated the S550 suddenly thought it looked pretty good). I'm sure there are some other things, but considering the GT500 seems to be not much more than a GT350 with a blower, DCT, and minor aero work, I'm not all that impressed
Those subframes were for the Fusion.

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Personally, I would've liked for the car to have some revised bodywork to fit a bit more front and rear tire to accommodate the extra weight, a manual option, some active aero, more carbon fiber bits (I know Ford has been experimenting with a carbon composite subframe, I thought for sure that would make it's way to this car)...
Active aero, and more CF-weight reduction would have been nice but since I'm not racing/tracking the car if I get one I can live without. I understand why guys who do track might be slightly let down by some of these items though.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those subframes were for the Fusion.
I know they were, but they were also developed 6+ years ago... you'd think that they'd be expanding that technology

Active aero, and more CF-weight reduction would have been nice but since I'm not racing/tracking the car if I get one I can live without. I understand why guys who do track might be slightly let down by some of these items though.
Yeah, I like to track my cars, so these things were pretty disappointing for me. I can understand someone who doesn't track being satisfied with the car though!

Big thing I forgot to mention... NO OPTION FOR DSSV! Why are they going to offer the most track focused mustang ever made and NOT give it some serious track-ready dampers??

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
NO OPTION FOR DSSV! Why are they going to offer the most track focused mustang ever made and NOT give it some serious track-ready dampers??
Well, at least you won't have to listen to people complain about a harsh ride from a track focused car / suspension.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I think the Ford designers did an outstanding job by making the front of the GT500 functional and looking good. I just read the article in the latest issue of Motor Trend about the GT500 , and the writers at Motor Trend seem to think the GT500 is going to be really fast. The article was good, but I think there was an error in the print saying the DCT was the same transmission as in the Ford GT.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't believe the subframes were developed 6+ years ago.

BASF and Magna have collaborated with Ford on the project and only recently delivered working prototypes to Ford.
https://www.autonews.com/article/20...ivers-carbon-fiber-subframe-prototype-to-ford
My bad, I was thinking of the aluminum subframes they developed for the Lightweight Concept. Either way, something to that effect should've been developed for this car IMO
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...-pounds-from-fusion-with-lightweight-concept/
Sponsored